MXcompadre

Form DS-5535 'SUPPLEMENTAL QUESTIONS FOR VISA APPLICANTS'

3,894 posts in this topic

14 minutes ago, Umar - NVC ISB said:

Hello Everyone, 

My name is Umar and I am a USC living in Chicago. I have been reading different threads for the last two years but never shared my immigration journey. So here it goes....

• Me and my wife got married on January 6th, 2017 in Lahore, Pakistan. 
  • I submitted i130 petition with all supportive documents on March 8th, 2017
  • i130 was approved October, 2017. 
  • My wife had her interview in NVC Islamabad Embassy on February 14th, 2018. 
  • She was given from 221g (White Paper) and her passport was kept.
  • One week later she received form DS-5535 in the e-mail which asked to provide all travel history, passport numbers, social media, emails etc..... 
  • We provided all the information within a week.
  • Since then our case has been updated about 7 times. Each time it was updated because we inquired about the status of the case either via e-mail or through our congresswoman. Most recently it was updated on January 9th, 2019 when my congresswoman sent a written mail to the NVC Islamabad and inquired about the case. 
  • Their response was generic that it is still going through AP processing. See file attached.
  • We are coming to almost 1 year since my wife had her interview and since we filled out DS-5535 questionnaire.

Since DS-5535 is fairly new and was implemented by Trump administration sometime in 2017, my question is did anyone get approved between that time? How long have people been waiting since responding to DS-5535? I know this process is long and could take 1 to 2 years but I just wanted to know if anyone has been approved and after how long? 

Thank you all for your time and I hope everyone unites with their loved ones sooner rather than later. 

Good Luck!

Umar and Sana

NVC ISB Response Jan92019.jpg

I know 2 people who got their visa after 16 months in AP. 

2 hours ago, Rosepetal3333 said:

I know 2 people who got their visa after 16 months in AP. 

2 hours ago, Umar - NVC ISB said:

Hello Everyone, 

My name is Umar and I am a USC living in Chicago. I have been reading different threads for the last two years but never shared my immigration journey. So here it goes....

• One week later she received form DS-5535 in the e-mail which asked to provide all travel history, passport numbers, social media, emails etc..... 
  • Since then our case has been updated about 7 times. Each time it was updated because we inquired about the status of the case either via e-mail or through our congresswoman. Most recently it was updated on January 9th, 2019 when my congresswoman sent a written mail to the NVC Islamabad and inquired about the case. 
  • Their response was generic that it is still going through AP processing. See file attached.
  • We are coming to almost 1 year since my wife had her interview and since we filled out DS-5535 questionnaire.

Since DS-5535 is fairly new and was implemented by Trump administration sometime in 2017, my question is did anyone get approved between that time? How long have people been waiting since responding to DS-5535? I know this process is long and could take 1 to 2 years but I just wanted to know if anyone has been approved and after how long? 

Thank you all for your time and I hope everyone unites with their loved ones sooner rather than later. 

Good Luck!

Umar and Sana

I read through this entire forum and many people have gotten their visas but the only downside is that as more people are given this form the processing time seems to be getting longer.... and we all have to remember it is also case by case...

Just be patient and you will hear soon. 

13 hours ago, Umar - NVC ISB said:

Hello Everyone, 

Good Luck!

Umar and Sana

Hello,

Just like your wife i am also stuck in administrative process with DS-5535 questionnaire and my interview was in March 5, 2018 at islamabad embassy. We also got few updates because of the inquiry we made through our congressman and we also got the exact attached response from the embassy.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
On 1/19/2019 at 2:50 AM, paki-guy said:

I have two news for you. Good and Bad.

Good news....from Sep 15 2018 to Jan 15 2019 ..they were looking your marriage / spouse traveling history etc. which was little complicated. But eventually ready to give you visa around Jan 15, 2019.

Bad news...........Some how you stuck in AP mid Jan for any one of the reason I already mentioned in this forum. You will get visa in Jan 2020. Until then go back to your routine life.

Let’s hope for the best and prepare for the worse. Back in 2013 I went through AP for almost 6 months (even when there was no such form). Not sure why they would do the checks again especially since I’ve lived there in the US

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
11 minutes ago, Fatima el orra said:

Hi evrybody..the medical exams expire in 6 months?????anybody knows???

Yes they do expire after six months. But you only need to go for second medical when embassy asks you to do that.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hey guys, so my husband has been on AP with DS 5535 for about 3 months now. He does not have his passport with him. He turned it in with his other documents. Do you guys think it’s a bad idea to ask for the passport back? Because he has a lot of job opportunities in other countries and he’s getting impatient :( I hate that this is stopping our lives. I told him that i’m afraid they’re going to delay us even more if he does that. Has anyone asked for their passport back?? 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Norway
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Le212 said:

Hey guys, so my husband has been on AP with DS 5535 for about 3 months now. He does not have his passport with him. He turned it in with his other documents. Do you guys think it’s a bad idea to ask for the passport back? Because he has a lot of job opportunities in other countries and he’s getting impatient :( I hate that this is stopping our lives. I told him that i’m afraid they’re going to delay us even more if he does that. Has anyone asked for their passport back?? 

Yes, it is fine to ask for the passport back. My fiancé was put in AP with the DS 5535 back in September. At the interview they asked to keep his passport, but he had some upcoming travel planned and asked to take it home with him. They will just notify your husband when they will need it back to add the visa and he can send it to them then.

I-129F Sent: 12/29/17

I-129F NOA 1: 1/4/18

I-129F NOA 2: 7/9/18

NVC Received: 7/18/18

Consulate Received: 8/9/18

Packet 3 Received: 8/13/18

Interview Date: 9/20/18

Interview Result: Administrative Processing

*Visitor's visa interview: December 2016, called back by embassy for second interview on same visa application in January 2019 - visitor's visa finally issued May 2019.

*Fiance visa placed in administrative processing September 2018. 

*Beneficiary's Country: Norway via Iran.

Filed: O-1 Visa Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline
30 minutes ago, Le212 said:

I am sorry you guys are going through this, it has been tough on all of us. I dont think requesting the passport back will have any effect on visa decision. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.