MXcompadre

Form DS-5535 'SUPPLEMENTAL QUESTIONS FOR VISA APPLICANTS'

3,894 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hi Everyone,

I've been following this thread for months now and I felt I should share my slightly complicated story.

I'm a international exchange student from Morocco with Permanent Residence in Italy where I did almost all of my education.

For the last year of my MASc in Automotive Engineering I was accepted for a double degree joint program with a multi-national car maker:  as part of the program (in which other 5 European students take part in) I would study one full year in Canada and complete a research based MASc thesis in Canada and the US. 

I applied and obtained my Canadian Study Permit and Visa (Moroccan Passport) in August 2017 and after that applied for a US B1/B2 visa (the only one we were eligible for). 

I had my interview in Milan days before my flight for Canada back in September last year, with my program already started (they had rejected an expedited interview request) and the inteview ended with the 221(g) and was put in AP.

For months I had zero updates till February this year where I received the infamous DS-5535 from the US consulate in Milan which I promptly filled in full detail and emailed them.

Since then they confirmed they did receive the form but I did receive no further updates: to date my CEAC update shows the date of the interview in September last year as the last update.

Have a great day!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
53 minutes ago, autovel said:

Hi Everyone,

I've been following this thread for months now and I felt I should share my slightly complicated story.

I'm a international exchange student from Morocco with Permanent Residence in Italy where I did almost all of my education.

For the last year of my MASc in Automotive Engineering I was accepted for a double degree joint program with a multi-national car maker:  as part of the program (in which other 5 European students take part in) I would study one full year in Canada and complete a research based MASc thesis in Canada and the US. 

I applied and obtainwed my Canadian Study Permit and Visa (Moroccan Passport) in August 2017 and after that applied for a US B1/B2 visa (the only one we were eligible for). 

I had my interview in Milan days before my flight for Canada back in September last year, with my program already started (they had rejected an expedited interview request) and the inteview ended with the 221(g) and was put in AP.

For months I had zero updates till February this year where I received the infamous DS-5535 from the US consulate in Milan which I promptly filled in full detail and emailed them.

Since then they confirmed they did receive the form but I did receive no further updates: to date my CEAC update shows the date of the interview in September last year as the last update.

Have a great day!

We're all on the same boat. :(

Getting third time the same reply, its been 90 days i am in ap.. 🙁🙁

Thank you for writing to our office. Your immigrant visa case is refused under INA 221g for administrative processing, an integral part of the visa adjudication and issuance process that can be neither expedited nor waived.  Unfortunately, it is difficult to predict the amount of time the processing will take.

Please be assured that we are aware of your concerns and will process the application to completion as quickly as possible, in accordance with U.S. laws. We recognize that this process can be frustrating for applicants and regret any inconvenience.  We will resume the processing on the visa application once the administrative processing is finished.

5 minutes ago, Munazza said:

Getting third time the same reply, its been 90 days i am in ap.. 🙁🙁

Thank you for writing to our office. Your immigrant visa case is refused under INA 221g for administrative processing, an integral part of the visa adjudication and issuance process that can be neither expedited nor waived.  Unfortunately, it is difficult to predict the amount of time the processing will take.

Please be assured that we are aware of your concerns and will process the application to completion as quickly as possible, in accordance with U.S. laws. We recognize that this process can be frustrating for applicants and regret any inconvenience.  We will resume the processing on the visa application once the administrative processing is finished.

Yeaa I get the same reply on each inquiry. It's been 7.5 months since my interview.. Too frustrating. Whats your visa category?

1 hour ago, Munazza said:

Are you F3 ??  Its is for married sons and daughters of US citizen and it takes that much time.

Yes I know It takes 13-16 years. No my category is V92. My mother is a principle asylee and I was her minor/unmarried child when she applied her asylum and provided my name as a beneficiary. Now I m 23 years old and unmarried. I m away from her since 5 years. Your mother is in USaa?

Hello everyone 

I applied for my fiance and she had an interview on April 26th and they told her that we have to fill D-5535 and e emailed the paper on may 2nd. the counselor did not take my fiance's passport. she is from Iraq and lives in Lebanon as an immigrant. is there anyway I can check the status or is there anyway to call them or anything to know how long more not to see her.

thanks in advance 

14 hours ago, Shazyyo said:

Yeaa I get the same reply on each inquiry. It's been 7.5 months since my interview.. Too frustrating. Whats your visa category?

Hellk Shazyyo - At the time of interview did they tell u that your visa approved and you will get ur passport in 5 working days? Or did they say u have to fill the Ds 5535 form and the case will be in AP?

3 hours ago, Khan1985 said:

Hellk Shazyyo - At the time of interview did they tell u that your visa approved and you will get ur passport in 5 working days? Or did they say u have to fill the Ds 5535 form and the case will be in AP?

Hello. At the time of interview VO approved my visa and kept my passport and asked me to pick it up in 5 days. But then when i came back home I got no call from embassy to pick my passport. Then after one and half month I got Ds5535 in email and when i sent it back my status on ceac changed to AP. What about you

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.