MXcompadre

Form DS-5535 'SUPPLEMENTAL QUESTIONS FOR VISA APPLICANTS'

3,894 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
3 hours ago, Rosepetal3333 said:

Yes, I have seen it happen to a lot of people who complete a year or are about to complete a year. The CEAC status shows this generic message. But if u contact the embassy they fix it and put it back in AP

I was about to email the embassy that I noticed the status was changed back to AP on Ceac without me reaching  them. They are totally aware of the the situation. I just don't know what is taking sooooo long to process the Visa. Tomorrow, Jan 10 is going to be exactly one year since my husband's interview :( 

3 minutes ago, MO&RA said:

I was about to email the embassy that I noticed the status was changed back to AP on Ceac without me reaching  them. They are totally aware of the the situation. I just don't know what is taking sooooo long to process the Visa. Tomorrow, Jan 10 is going to be exactly one year since my husband's interview :( 

Yeah I understand. Im waiting for my husband's visa too. I dont know what is taking so long. 

Filed: IR-5 Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Are two updates in a row a good sign ? Our case just started to update after a couple of months . anyone who has been accepted, do they know if this is just normal or how they work?

Timeline
8 hours ago, MO&RA said:

Does he have travel history?

1 hour ago, Ahmad77 said:

I have a travel history of 4 different counties, it means my processing time will take time longer than normal processing time ??  

There is no processing time for this..we are in a black hole. We just have to be patient.

4 hours ago, Muzammil said:

Are two updates in a row a good sign ? Our case just started to update after a couple of months . anyone who has been accepted, do they know if this is just normal or how they work?

Yup that's a good sign. You've been waiting a year too? 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
42 minutes ago, S.S said:

Will govt shut down affect the immigration administrative process? 

Interviews are still being scheduled and completed other agencies are still running as usual.  I'm not exactly sure though with our process (ds-5535) if any of the agencies involved are affected by the shut down.

13 minutes ago, Ahmed&Freda said:

Interviews are still being scheduled and completed other agencies are still running as usual.  I'm not exactly sure though with our process (ds-5535) if any of the agencies involved are affected by the shut down.

I have a friend who is a federal government workee he said, affiliated agencies are being affected by the shutdown and it's slowed things down.

5 hours ago, Ahmed&Freda said:

5 hours ago, Sarac9 said:

I have a friend who is a federal government workee he said, affiliated agencies are being affected by the shutdown and it's slowed things down.

Thanks. DS-5535 is already very very very slow. God help us.

15 minutes ago, S.S said:

Thanks. DS-5535 is already very very very slow. God help us.

In the long run, if the government remains shut down, I think it will affect us. Even though the embassies are open, im not sure if the agencies doing the background checks are open. 

Edited by Rosepetal3333

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

https://www.quora.com/What-happens-behind-the-scenes-when-you-apply-for-a-U-S-visa-stamp-in-a-U-S-consulate-What-could-make-the-process-take-so-long-Why-is-it-repeated-if-you-leave-the-country-Why-doesn’t-anyone-care-that-people-are-stuck-away-from-their-loved-ones

Long AP supposedly affects 2% of applicants, so if you're unlucky to be chosen, be prepared to wait 12-360 days for a response, which might be a revocation of your previously approved visa. Most times, though, you would be approved.

So, keep the hope up. There is light at the end of tunnel.

Most of you might belong to SAO donkey. Which is name match to some personal on US blacklist. I see at least three Ahmad in this group which is one of the most common name. The process is flawed and flags innocent people waiting to be with loved ones 

Edited by Luvs2Travel

5 minutes ago, Luvs2Travel said:

https://www.quora.com/What-happens-behind-the-scenes-when-you-apply-for-a-U-S-visa-stamp-in-a-U-S-consulate-What-could-make-the-process-take-so-long-Why-is-it-repeated-if-you-leave-the-country-Why-doesn’t-anyone-care-that-people-are-stuck-away-from-their-loved-ones

Long AP supposedly affects 2% of applicants, so if you're unlucky to be chosen, be prepared to wait 12-360 days for a response, which might be a revocation of your previously approved visa. Most times, though, you would be approved.

So, keep the hope up. There is light at the end of tunnel

Someone commented below the article that they contacted Department of State. Has anyone in the forums contacted department of state directly to ask for a status? 

Timeline
15 hours ago, Sarac9 said:

There is no processing time for this..we are in a black hole. We just have to be patient.

Yup that's a good sign. You've been waiting a year too? 

Yup 1.4 years and 5th month just started 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.