MXcompadre

Form DS-5535 'SUPPLEMENTAL QUESTIONS FOR VISA APPLICANTS'

3,894 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, ibnfawzi said:

So after almost 13 months of zero progress since her interview, my fiancee was contacted 2 days ago to get updated medical, my 1040 for 2017, and a few other forms to update since everything at this point was old. Insha'allah that's good news. 

When i see posts like this, it gives me hope. I wish you and your fiance the best!! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

So after almost 13 months of zero progress since her interview, my fiancee was contacted 2 days ago to get updated medical, my 1040 for 2017, and a few other forms to update since everything at this point was old. Insha'allah that's good news. 

Same here update me if you can pleaee

Oh wow!! Did she get Ds5535? In which month? Its been 13 months since my interview. Koi khabar nahi abhi tak... I got ds5535 11 months back. 

1 hour ago, Shazyyo said:

Oh wow!! Did she get Ds5535? In which month? Its been 13 months since my interview. Koi khabar nahi abhi tak... I got ds5535 11 months back. 

She had her interview in Casablanca and filled the DS5535 in September 2017. 

I am a naturalized US citizen waiting my Moroccan fiancee's i129f visa. Applied Feb 2017. She has been in AP since Oct 2017

*UPDATE* Fiancee received i-129f visa and returned passport Nov 2018. 411 days of AP.

Please feel free to add your information to the spreadsheet below. It may help us with extra data points for those under extreme vetting. Please do not add personal info as the document is public. Do not edit any other info except your own. 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1agwbg4go7ID6wnoNg-mN2qOI_ErRQN1lO1BUzOUKkTs/edit?usp=sharing

1 hour ago, Caseinquiry said:

Good news indeed, it seems things will move along, did u esablish any communication with them recently, and this has caused the move? 

No additional contact. It seems like they just finally got around to it. I have had been contacting 2 Congressmen to work on my behalf, but it could just be coincidence since the timeline matches that of others.

I am a naturalized US citizen waiting my Moroccan fiancee's i129f visa. Applied Feb 2017. She has been in AP since Oct 2017

*UPDATE* Fiancee received i-129f visa and returned passport Nov 2018. 411 days of AP.

Please feel free to add your information to the spreadsheet below. It may help us with extra data points for those under extreme vetting. Please do not add personal info as the document is public. Do not edit any other info except your own. 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1agwbg4go7ID6wnoNg-mN2qOI_ErRQN1lO1BUzOUKkTs/edit?usp=sharing

30 minutes ago, ibnfawzi said:

No additional contact. It seems like they just finally got around to it. I have had been contacting 2 Congressmen to work on my behalf, but it could just be coincidence since the timeline matches that of others.

Let us know whenever there is any update, and hopefully this unnecessary waiting end soon for you and eveyone here, good luck   

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
5 hours ago, ibnfawzi said:

Congrats! I'm so happy. These days there are good news on this forum :) 

16 hours ago, Roor.M said:

Oh my!!! Which country and do you have any flags on your case?? 

This is terrible and I'm sorry you're going through it.

US Embassey in kabul Afghanistan 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

My wife is waiting to get her visa fr 12monthes after her interview im really mad even to post something in here but all we can do is just wait....😡😡😡

2 hours ago, Nasimusa123 said:

Did anyone went to us embassy without appointment latter ???

You won't be let in.

March 2, 2018  Married In Hong Kong

April 30, 2018  Mary moves from the Philippines to Mexico, Husband has MX Permanent Residency

June 13, 2018 Mary receives Mexican Residency Card

June 15, 2018  I-130 DCF Appointment in Juarez  -  June 18, 2018  Approval E-Mail

August 2, 2018 Case Complete At Consulate

September 25, 2018 Interview in CDJ and Approved!

October 7, 2018 In the USA

October 27, 2018 Green Card received 

October 29, 2018 Applied for Social Security Card - November 5, 2018 Social Security Card received

November 6th, 2018 State ID Card Received, Applied for Global Entry - Feb 8,2019 Approved.

July 14, 2020 Removal of Conditions submitted by mail  July 12, 2021 Biometrics Completed

August 6, 2021 N-400 submitted by mail

September 7, 2021 I-751 Interview, Sept 8 Approved and Card Being Produced

October 21, 2021 N-400 Biometrics Completed  

November 30,2021  Interview, Approval and Oath

December 10, 2021 US Passport Issued

August 12, 2022 PHL Dual Nationality Re-established & Passport Approved 

April 6,2023 Legally Separated - Oh well

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hey guys, husband replied to his ds5535 form on Oct 27,2018. I made a simple error on the travel date/length of travel on the form. How accurate does the travel dates it have to be? He went to Barcelona for leisure for 4 days but I put 3. Should I resend it? Should I call them and tell them I made a mistake? I don’t think it’s a big deal but I really don’t know what they will say. 

AP since interview, on Oct 19, 2018. Sent in one additional document on Oct 20, 2018. No red flags in relationship and started consular processing on July 12, 2017. 

On 10/26/2018 at 3:42 PM, SabrinaJerome said:

Wow Munazza this is fantastic!! We're so happy to hear this! 

On 10/26/2018 at 3:52 PM, Shazyyo said:

Congratulationssss!! I m so happy for u. What was your visa category. Plzz keep us updated about when your son visa as well. I pray that may he gets his visa soon

Thanks a lot.. Alhamdulillah today collected passports. 

On 10/27/2018 at 9:00 AM, tiyyo said:

Congratulations!!! 8 months and counting for my husband......what a wait....:unsure:

Thanks a lot.. Good luck to you too. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Norway
Timeline
On ‎10‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 12:37 AM, Le212 said:

Hey guys, husband replied to his ds5535 form on Oct 27,2018. I made a simple error on the travel date/length of travel on the form. How accurate does the travel dates it have to be? He went to Barcelona for leisure for 4 days but I put 3. Should I resend it? Should I call them and tell them I made a mistake? I don’t think it’s a big deal but I really don’t know what they will say. 

AP since interview, on Oct 19, 2018. Sent in one additional document on Oct 20, 2018. No red flags in relationship and started consular processing on July 12, 2017. 

@Le212I wouldn't worry about it - my fiancé filled out the same form and we had to do some guessing as he's traveled quite a bit in the past 15 years and couldn't remember the exact length of stays for a lot of his older trips.

I-129F Sent: 12/29/17

I-129F NOA 1: 1/4/18

I-129F NOA 2: 7/9/18

NVC Received: 7/18/18

Consulate Received: 8/9/18

Packet 3 Received: 8/13/18

Interview Date: 9/20/18

Interview Result: Administrative Processing

*Visitor's visa interview: December 2016, called back by embassy for second interview on same visa application in January 2019 - visitor's visa finally issued May 2019.

*Fiance visa placed in administrative processing September 2018. 

*Beneficiary's Country: Norway via Iran.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.