MXcompadre

Form DS-5535 'SUPPLEMENTAL QUESTIONS FOR VISA APPLICANTS'

3,894 posts in this topic

Hi, 

My sister had her interview on 15th of Feb and was approved by VO . She has F3 category, five persons of family got interview call but her elder son went into army so he didnt appear in interview. Since the day of interview all four,s ceas status is in AP but that son was in Ready. One update on 21st and one is today but after today,s update they all five in AP.. What does it mean?? Are they working on his case too coz he wasnt updated before..

1 hour ago, Munazza said:

Hi, 

My sister had her interview on 15th of Feb and was approved by VO . She has F3 category, five persons of family got interview call but her elder son went into army so he didnt appear in interview. Since the day of interview all four,s ceas status is in AP but that son was in Ready. One update on 21st and one is today but after today,s update they all five in AP.. What does it mean?? Are they working on his case too coz he wasnt updated before..

I'd give it a few more weeks before starting to worry. It's only been a couple of weeks since their interview, which is still within the norm. Were any of them given the form? 

Edited by YoungPadawan

11 hours ago, YoungPadawan said:

I'd give it a few more weeks before starting to worry. It's only been a couple of weeks since their interview, which is still within the norm. Were any of them given the form? 

She just got this email..

Dear Sir/ Madam,

Your immigrant visa case has recently been reviewed. In order to move forwarded and process your case, our office would like you to submit the following:

• Affidavit of Support on form I-864, with most recent year's taxes from the petitioner in your immigrant visa case.  The new joint sponsor’s affidavit of support must include an original signed form I-864, federal tax returns from the most recent year 2016, and evidence of employment.

wat does this mean.. send the details of older AOS or find a new joint sponsor??

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
8 hours ago, Munazza said:

She just got this email..

Dear Sir/ Madam,

Your immigrant visa case has recently been reviewed. In order to move forwarded and process your case, our office would like you to submit the following:

• Affidavit of Support on form I-864, with most recent year's taxes from the petitioner in your immigrant visa case.  The new joint sponsor’s affidavit of support must include an original signed form I-864, federal tax returns from the most recent year 2016, and evidence of employment.

wat does this mean.. send the details of older AOS or find a new joint sponsor??

It means, that financial documents which u hv already submitted at NVC/Embassy did not fulfil its requirements. Sometimes NVC forward cases to Embassy to avoid delays in applicants cases and also CO has the final say about that..

Now the point is that what u should gonna send at Embassy. If the Petitioner's Income is sufficient  according to the poverty guidelines then u can use his/her income otherwise u have to send a joint sponsor along with the Petitioner's i-864, IRS Transcript/ Federal Income tax return, Last six months pay stubs, employer letter etc irrespective of his/her income because petitioner will be the main sponsor in either case.

25 minutes ago, Mano said:

It means, that financial documents which u hv already submitted at NVC/Embassy did not fulfil its requirements. Sometimes NVC forward cases to Embassy to avoid delays in applicants cases and also CO has the final say about that..

Now the point is that what u should gonna send at Embassy. If the Petitioner's Income is sufficient  according to the poverty guidelines then u can use his/her income otherwise u have to send a joint sponsor along with the Petitioner's i-864, IRS Transcript/ Federal Income tax return, Last six months pay stubs, employer letter etc irrespective of his/her income because petitioner will be the main sponsor in either case.

Petitioner is my mom n she is 70 plus doing nothing, we got a joint sponsor already whose tax relating papers are already submitted.. means that joint sponsor is not sufficient n we need another ??

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sierra Leone
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Munazza said:

Petitioner is my mom n she is 70 plus doing nothing, we got a joint sponsor already whose tax relating papers are already submitted.. means that joint sponsor is not sufficient n we need another ??

Your joint sponsor needs to send in this year’s tax transcript and a letter from employer stating status. Also an updated I-864 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
1 hour ago, Munazza said:

Please give some more details so that we can able to give u some better suggestions.

Age doesn't matter, if she is doing nothing even then it doesn't mean she has zero income.

If i considered that yr mom has Zero income even then she has to submit form i-864 because its mendatery and as for as her income is concerned  she can just attach her tax returns with it even with zero income but in case she hasn't filed her income tax returns then she has to provide letter from IRS for that either she is not eligible to file tax returns or not required to file  tax returns..

Plus Yes if ur previous joint sponsor is not accepted then u need to provide another joint sponsor at embassy.

21 hours ago, Mano said:

Please give some more details so that we can able to give u some better suggestions.

Age doesn't matter, if she is doing nothing even then it doesn't mean she has zero income.

If i considered that yr mom has Zero income even then she has to submit form i-864 because its mendatery and as for as her income is concerned  she can just attach her tax returns with it even with zero income but in case she hasn't filed her income tax returns then she has to provide letter from IRS for that either she is not eligible to file tax returns or not required to file  tax returns..

Plus Yes if ur previous joint sponsor is not accepted then u need to provide another joint sponsor at embassy.

Our lawyer said just send those tax papers which already submitted.. lets see what will the embassy say now..

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.