MXcompadre

Form DS-5535 'SUPPLEMENTAL QUESTIONS FOR VISA APPLICANTS'

3,894 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sierra Leone
Timeline
4 hours ago, Zara90 said:

I emailed them after it had reached two months and this was their response. 

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your e-mail. 

We have reviewed Department records and can confirm that the K1 case is still pending administrative processing in order to verify the applicants qualifications for this visa. 

We continue to work to streamline the visa process where possible, while ensuring that applicants are both qualified for a visa and do not pose a security risk to the United States.  While we cannot predict when the processing of the visa will be completed, please be assured that the Embassy and the Department of State are aware of your concerns and will do all we can to see that the processing of the case is concluded as soon as possible. Please note that this is an important part of the process that can be neither waived nor expedited.

@Zara90, what US embassy are you going through? 

Timeline
4 hours ago, Zara90 said:

Dear Sir/Madam,

We have reviewed Department records and can confirm that the K1 case is still pending administrative processing in order to verify the applicants qualifications for this visa. 

We continue to work to streamline the visa process where possible, while ensuring that applicants are both qualified for a visa and do not pose a security risk to the United States.  While we cannot predict when the processing of the visa will be completed, please be assured that the Embassy and the Department of State are aware of your concerns and will do all we can to see that the processing of the case is concluded as soon as possible. Please note that this is an important part of the process that can be neither waived nor expedited.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Gambia
Timeline
4 hours ago, rafiq akhtar said:

hi.... any update or anyone??

Had an update on 23rd but I think my congress person followed up on the case even though I haven't spoken with them yet 

Timeline
On 10/23/2017 at 2:07 AM, Zara90 said:

Dear Sir/Madam,

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Afghanistan
Timeline
6 hours ago, Tarsha said:

Afghanistan 

6 hours ago, Tarsha said:

Have anyone noticed after the 4th or 5th update, everything just stops? Is this a good or bad sign

Did you have those updates back to back? 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Zara90 said:

Afghanistan 

Did you have those updates back to back? 

From August 28th to September 19, I’ve had a total of 5

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi guys!! Im new here. Im a filipina. On K1 visa processing. Was interviewed in Manila last October 10. Right after the interview the consul asked me to fill out a DS 5535 form and said to mail it to them if i cannot fill out on the same day. But i was able to fill out everything on that day and submitted it right away in the RELEASING window. In there, the lady told me that the consul put me on AP maybe becoz i had worked in LIBYA. I worked in Libya for 1.5 years and repatriated during the war. So i was not able to get a police clearance. But i guess they did not validate that reason and put mi on AP. From the day of interview i got 3 updates and until now it is still on AP. My fiance is here in the philippines hoping he could go back to the US with me.  He follows up and calls the embassy every week. Even our lawyer emailed the embassy. But we get the same answer. We are really hoping the process will not reach 60 days and will be able to get the visa asap. Since my fiance has to go back to his work also. We never stop praying. Finding this forum with similar problem as ours is somehow helpful and gives us hope. Is there anyone here who got there visa in less than 60 days?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.