322 posts in this topic

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
just to play devils advocate....

why is it absolutely important for a catholic to marry a non catholic? and why would such a couple need permission from the church? why not marry at another church or place?

LOL, what my sweet husband *meant* to say was this: why is it absolutely important that a catholic only marry another catholic?

Now this is me....why can't a mixed faith couple marry anywhere they choose? The church is just a building...does being married in a church somehow sanctify the marriage more than others? If so then I guess our marriage is screwed...we were married outside in a lovely garden. I guess my thought process here is....what is more important....one's religion or their marriage to the one you are in love with. :blink:

Hmm. What is more important? I leave the answer up to the individual, it's a very personal question. I just don't think it is fair to put me in a position where I will be condemned for my personal choice. I am not condemning anyone's choice in this matter, I am simply asserting my own. If my fiance was not Christian or didn't think it was important, I would have appreciated that information early on instead of investing myself in someone whom I thought I had religion in common with.

Who is condemning you? We are just asking questions. No need to go on the defensive.

Hes obviously a control freak, my friend when through 8 years of abuse, she used to come to me sayin he had thrown keys at her face, splitting her lip, dragging her down the road by her hair...it used to frustrate the hell out of me, every time i used to say well its about time you got out , and she used to say but hes really sorry he done it this time, he was crying and telling me he loved me this morning...yea until he knew she wasnt leaving..then it goes back to him having control again. This is what hes doing to you just not phyically...After sending that email you should have never let him contact you...of course he gave you all the sorry bit cos thats what control freaks do, he knows what hes doing, hes probably done it before in relationships. If you were REALLY serious with that email, then end his mind games now, other wise you are going to be playing then for the next XX amount of years,and it will get worse believe me.

Jay Jay- Your post brought tears to my eyes, so sorry you have been through all that, and im glad things are looking up for you.Best of luck.

Oct. 2005-Met on MySpace.com
Jan. 2006-Bill visits Hayley in the UK
March 2006-Hayley visits Bill in America
June 2006-Hayley visits Bill in America
Oct. 2006-Hayley visits Bill in America (Again!)
Oct. 2006- Officially engaged!
K1.
Oct. 23 2006-I-129F sent to the Vermont Service Center
Oct. 25 2006-I-129F received
Oct. 31 2006- check cashed
Nov. 2 2006-NOA1 received
Nov. 13 2006- NOA2 email received
Nov. 17 2006-NOA2 actual letter received in mail
Nov. 20 2006-NVC receives our case!
Dec. 02 2006-Packet 3 arrives
Jan. 09 2007-receive police check(30 days)
Jan. 12 2007 booked medical for 15th feb.
Jan. 17 2007-packet 3 sent back (At last!)
Jan 31 2007-received packet 4, omg so excited....interview date:march 6th
Feb. 26-March 12 2007-Bill in the UK for Hayley's medical and interview
Feb.7 2007.Moved medical to 5th march.
March.5 2007- New medical date.
March.6 2007- Interview 10:30.
March.21 2007- VISA ARRIVED....YIPEEEEEEE
June.28 2007- Leaving England. POE Philadelphia ARGGHH
July.7.2007 Wedding day....
AOS.
July.10.2007 Sent off AOS and AP.
July 18.2007 Applied for SSN in married name.
August.7.2007 Biometrics appt at 8 am
August.20.2007 Advance parole came in post...wow that was quick.
August.24 2007 Got interview date for 5th oct.
October 5, 2007 Approved!
October.11.2007 Welcome letter came in mail.
October.18.2007 Greencard in mail...yayyayayayayay
July 13th 2009- here we go again..Removal of Conditions.
July 17th 2009- Check cashed.
July 20th 2009- NOA received.receipt date 07/15/09.
Aug 10th 2009- Biometrics appointment @ 11am.
Nov 20th 2009 -10 year Green Card arrive.

Filed: Country: Pitcairn Islands
Timeline

I think you just like drama. Otherwise, you would have dropped him already and started to move on instead of making long threads of turmoil about it.

More. Fish. In. The. Sea.

Edited by Wacken

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
I think you just like drama. Otherwise, you would have dropped him already and started to move on instead of making long threads of turmoil about it.

Good point.

Mairzy, you feel bad because he bought you stuff? Now that's a load of bull. Move on. Let it go. It's never going to be good. THE END?

Filed: Timeline

Thanks for having the guts to say what I was thinking! :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

24 June 2007: Leaving day/flying to Dallas-Fort Worth

Jay Jay your post also brought tears to my eyes..What a brave lady you are.. look after yourself.

K1

September 15 - 2005: NOA1

October: Waiting

November: Waiting

December: In Security checks

January 2006: Waiting

February: Waiting..Contacted Congress

March 4th: APPROVED

March 17th: NVC posted file to London

March 20th: London Receives file

March 29th: Receive package 3

April 13th: London Receives package

April 19th: Medical - June 13th: INTERVIEW......APPROVED!!!!

June 20th: ARRIVE IN USA

Time taken for whole process 9 Months

~~~~~ * ~~~~~

AOS

October: 13th: Sent off AOS Package

November 3rd: NOA1

November 14th: Snail mail ~ NOA1 ~ Case moved to the CSC for faster processing.

November 14th : CSC has petition for me and my daughter.

December 14th: Biometrics completed.

January 17th: APPROVED AOS!

January 22nd: Green card arrives in the mail:))

Time taken for AOS - 3.5 Months

Finished for 2 years.

dev015pb___.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
(oh yeah I also rented a car when he was here and drove him everywhere since he doesn't drive.)

Self esteem issues, trust issues...yes, that's me. even though I didn't demand anything monetary or material from him I still feel terribly guilty because I guess I think I don't deserve to be given anything or treated well. I always seem to find men who are emotionally unavailable, and I thought how lovely it was to have this guy who was so open and generous with his heart and with letters and little things that mean so much.

how it turned into him constantly yelling at me and calling me a "prune" and a "stupid cow" I don't know.

Maybe one of the problems is that he is 9 years younger than I am. I never thought it would be a terrible problem because he always said age didn't matter but now I think it does. He is only 24, will be 25 in June. My father was 9 years younger than my mom, and oddly enough HIS mother was 9 years older than his father.

But here he is calling me a "prune" when I never (to my memory) ever used his age against him.

And yes i guess I AM too old for this carp.

Mairzy...you sound like you already know what needs to be done. From what you've written here, the guy is a right b@stard who does not deserve the time of day. Here is what you need to do:

* Cut off all contact with him. ALL.

* Withdraw the K-1 petition.

* If he makes any threats DO NOT BE INTIMIDATED.

add to the above - return the ring!

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Good point.

Mairzy, you feel bad because he bought you stuff? Now that's a load of bull. Move on. Let it go. It's never going to be good. THE END?

if u feel bad cuz he bought u stuff JUST SEND IT BACK to him!! :whistle:

or put it on EBAY and send him the money.. :innocent:

R.I.P. Diana 1982 - 28.08.2008

<3 WE MISS YOU <3

December 2oo7 - received 1o year GC!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Jay Jay your post also brought tears to my eyes..What a brave lady you are.. look after yourself.

ditto - i was like what!?!???!?!?! :blink:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Croatia
Timeline

I've been following this thread from the start and didn't feel the need to post as so many before me expressed what I was thinking.

The guy is a ####### and you need to BREAK UP with him for your own good (you still have not done that)...

My point is this, and I apologize if you think this is too blunt BUT:

While you are doing all this soul- searching online, the time for the interview is growing dangerously close and when he goes to that interview and gets the visa and shows up on your doorstep he will continue with his abuse in person and at that point you will have no one else to blame for his presence but yourself.

Yes, I understand this is hard and breaking up with someone whom you thought you will marry is not easy but instead of spilling your guts online you need to be talking to the USCIS and the London Embassy to withdraw your petition before he has a chance to go to the interview and show up in the States and on your doorstep, where you will also have a binding Affidavit hanging over your head....not to mention a psycho fiance

Naturalized! Yeah!

.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Not everyone handles these things in the same way. Read JayJay's post. It's not drama I want, it is the ability to gain enough self respect to not feel I somehow deserve to be treated like this. As for a long thread, people responded to what I posted. I didn't create the length of the thread. Elements of my situation hit home for some people and they wanted to share their experiences and advice. I appreciate them doing so. What difference does it make if a thread is long and tumultuous? YOu can easily avoid reading it. What I have is an inability to say no to anyone, and lots of boundary issues. the more I look into it, it may just be codependence, and like someone said the both of us are just reacting to each other.

The drama isn't what I want, at least not on a conscious level. I am still wondering why he didn't take me seriously to start with, though I was quite adamant about this the first time we talked. I realize I should not have taken that call, but I did because I remembered the times he wouldn't take my calls and I could not be like that. Maybe that's my problem!

My stomach's churning over it and I've felt sick for 3 days. I sure am doing a number on myself by not being able to just let go cleanly. I keep thinking, what if I am wrong, what if he's great and I am terrible? Yeah i guess after all this advice it can't be that easy. I need to detox. It doesn't matter who is even at fault anymore. It's clear we can't get through one conversation without fighting, anyway.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Croatia
Timeline

Are you going to cancel the petition or not?

Several people asked this question already and you didn't answer it yet. If your decision is to still go ahead with it all this talk is a moot point, really.

All of this has nothing to do with age difference (my husband is 8 years older than me) or long distance relationship (plenty of examples on VJ alone of success LDs), nor cultural differences for that matter.

You need to make a decision

Naturalized! Yeah!

.png