Lion Star

Administrative Processing-Can someone explain about reply from US Embassy Islamabad

690 posts in this topic

Hello friends,

Guys sorry in advance if my comment disappoint all of u.

I just got refused today. Cr 1 visa catagory. 

August 24, 2017 was interview date, gave 221g and kept the passport, did not require anything at all. Status updated the very next day august 25...then no update at all. Today the status updated and saying refused. 

Did not get anything from the embassy yet though ( email of refusal or passport thing)

Wish u all the best 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
1 minute ago, Haseeb said:

Hello friends,

August 24, 2017 was interview date, gave 221g and kept the passport, did not require anything at all. Status updated the very next day august 25...then no update at all. Today the status updated and saying refused. 

Did not get anything from the embassy yet though ( email of refusal or passport thing)

Wish u all the best 

why do you think you got refused ? red flags ? proof of bonafide marriage ?

did you had rukhsati?

can you share details of your case please ?

21 minutes ago, Haseeb said:

Hello friends,

Wish u all the best 

Did they ask any details from you like ds5535?

Timeline

guys just FYI there are visas being issued from Islamabad

in August 189     CR1 visas were issued and many others

https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/Statistics/Immigrant-Statistics/MonthlyIVIssuances/AUGUST 2017 - IV Issuances by FSC and Visa Class.pdf

Stay strong Inshallah all will be good

Timeline

and also non-immigrant visas

https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/Statistics/Non-Immigrant-Statistics/MonthlyNIVIssuances/AUGUST 2017 - NIV Issuances by Post and Visa Class.pdf

just make sure your Case is super strong ... lots of documentation and confidence at interview ...

good luck

i wish everyone best of luck

and please provide updates here so we can help each other out

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
8 hours ago, Lazybones18 said:

and also non-immigrant visas

https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/Statistics/Non-Immigrant-Statistics/MonthlyNIVIssuances/AUGUST 2017 - NIV Issuances by Post and Visa Class.pdf

just make sure your Case is super strong ... lots of documentation and confidence at interview ...

good luck

i wish everyone best of luck

and please provide updates here so we can help each other out

Exactly they did issued so many visas in August but September sheet is missing , like we are the chosen ones for AP , this is so fraustrating :( 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Buttar said:

Exactly they did issued so many visas in August but September sheet is missing , like we are the chosen ones for AP , this is so fraustrating :( 

mine was in july bro... how do i find that?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
3 minutes ago, rafiq akhtar said:

mine was in july bro... how do i find that?

Your interview was in July right , go to 

travel.state.gov and see the IV visa statistics by nationality. 

They issued so many visas past few months 

Timeline

i checked it says cr1 visas in pakistan were issued with 157 visas.. dont make sense tho my wifes still in AP and her 3 months in ap gonna be on the 24th of this month

40 minutes ago, rafiq akhtar said:

i checked it says cr1 visas in pakistan were issued with 157 visas.. dont make sense tho my wifes still in AP and her 3 months in ap gonna be on the 24th of this month

When did u get DS5535 form  as you said your wife had interview in july and you filled DS5535 in September? what VO said to your wife at the end of the interview ?

Timeline

interview was on july 24th... then on sep 5th we got a email for ds5535. replied to that by 6th sep... and the vo told her will call u in a month or month ina half time for ur visa and kept her passport.... on the 24th its gonna be 3 months snice her interview and nothing...

4 minutes ago, rafiq akhtar said:

interview was on july 24th... then on sep 5th we got a email for ds5535. replied to that by 6th sep... and the vo told her will call u in a month or month ina half time for ur visa and kept her passport.... on the 24th its gonna be 3 months snice her interview and nothing...

Insha Allah bro your wife will get visa soon and remember me in your prayers too it's really hard I can understand.

Timeline
21 hours ago, aadi0014 said:

How long you've been waiting in AP now and what visa officer told you at the time of interview? Did he kept your passport?

interview was August 20, 2017. Received DS5535 Via email on Sep 6. emailed them back on the 7th so it's been a 5 weeks since i've submitted the form. the CO didn't say anything he just handed my husband a white paper which said you will be going through admin process. and they kept his passport

8 minutes ago, Mia12392 said:

interview was August 20, 2017. Received DS5535 Via email on Sep 6. emailed them back on the 7th so it's been a 5 weeks since i've submitted the form. the CO didn't say anything he just handed my husband a white paper which said you will be going through admin process. and they kept his passport

oh same happened to me interview  was on 15 August 2017 they kept my passport, handed a white slip 221g stating that need some more information no documents needed  and very  same day I received a call from embassy when I came back from embassy the guy on call asked me some questions regarding my previous job as I've been in UK for 5 years and visited dubai twice  he asked me about previous travel history and said you'll get an email on same day on 15 August I received an email with DS5535 and I submit it on 16 August from that day it's been dates updated more than 8 times whenever I made  a query they said it's still in administrative process but day before yesterday I made a query and I got a reply from them yesterday which was changed from previous replies which is following.

Dear Mr./Ms. 

We understand that you would like to know the status of your U.S Visa application. 

Please be advised that if your visa application is approved, your passport and visa can be collected from the pickup location you selected when you scheduled for an interview appointment. When your passport is available at the selected location you will receive an email that your passport is “Ready for Pick Up”. 

Please be assured that once the processing is completed or if the Embassy needs further information, you will be intimated about the same. 

Alternatively, please follow the link below to check the status of your case, by selecting “Check my Visa Application Status” under “Non-Immigrant" or "Immigrant". 

https://ceac.state.gov/CEAC/ 

We hope this information is helpful to you. 

Please visit https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/gss_pakistan to share feedback on the services we provide. 

Have a pleasant day! 

Edited by aadi0014

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.