IAMX

Austria Bans Islamic Dresses for Women, Mandates 12-Month Integration Course

19 posts in this topic

12 hours ago, iwannaplay54 said:

It is not so much about learning english as it is about freely integrating people into mainstream society and culture, thus opening up opportunity to them.  Are you commenting against that?  Does segregation, self-imposed or otherwise, work out so well in the US?

There is no such thing as "Islamic dress".  Niqabs (face covers) are banned in Mecca itself.  They are not religious they are cultural.  

Burkas are worn in only a handful of countries and are not "Islamic" either.  They are cultural as well and every single one (100%) of the very few countries that require them have dismal records in the areas of human and women's rights.  

So they represent nothing more than an additional burden of religious authority on the women who live there.  

People can be integrated into mainstream society without integrating the nutjob and subjective extra-cultural views and laws that created the societies they run like hell from.

the op concerns a 12 month course that teaches german and 'how to' integrate and it's only required if you want welfare. i had the op in mind when i asked how forcing immigrant welfare recipients to attend a class would thwart terrorism (if we were to apply this standard in the US) -this is a question not a comment against opportunity. and there's a huge HUGE difference between the segregation that did not work out in the us and self imposed segregation of people with the same cultural and geographic background. in my mind these two examples of segregation aren't worth comparing.

you can't tell me that niqabs and burkas aren't worn for religious reasons so i'm not going to argue that nonsense..instead i'll just mention that many US states already have laws concerning wearing masks in public. i do not see the need to single out a particular 'culture' or 'religion' and institute a fine for wearing their preferred 'dress' because more often than not there's already a law for that. i'm not the right person to discuss women's rights and any mainstream religion..imo they all have abysmal human rights records and quite frankly thrive off of the oppression of women. a woman doesn't have to wear a veil to be oppressed by religious patriarchy - which is rampant in all of the big three religions.

there's a dude around here likes to dress up as the joker in full face paint and he was arrested and charged with public disturbance or something similar for simply walking around looking like the joker. the cops said his face paint was a mask and in virginia - you're not allowed to wear masks in public. a bunch of folks who spoke out in his defense thought it was hypocritical that women are allowed to wear makeup in public - essentially hiding their true face and.."what's the difference?" so there's that.

my whole point, which i feel like you're missing, is that immigrants are not a threat simply by immigrating. forcing english classes on immigrants in the us is not going to thwart terrorism. especially not the type of terrorism that we have here - which is primarily homegrown and not even recognized as terrorism most of the time (because terror is only terror if someone shouts allah).

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I guess that is one country off the list for the snowflakes who can not cope with Trump.

The few that have not already left.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Timeline
On ‎6‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 10:48 AM, ccneat said:
To the left, to the left
To the left, to the left
To the left, to the left
Everything you own in the box to the left
In the closet that's my stuff, yes
If I bought it please don't touch

This reminds me of the Tootsee Roll lyrics.

"..To the left, to the left, to the right, to the right
To the front, to the front, to the back, to the back
Now dip, baby, dip, come on dip, baby, dip
Dip, baby, dip, just dip, baby dip..."

10 hours ago, smilesammich said:

you can't tell me that niqabs and burkas aren't worn for religious reasons so i'm not going to argue that nonsense..

I gave you factual information and there is a difference between cultural and religious dress. 

Applying your same logic to the rules in Mecca then you can also conclude that the niqab is banned because they are also "targeting" those who want to wear them because of their religion.