mcdull

Filing N400 online, anyone?

1,046 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Going through said:

Yes.

You each need a separate online account.  There is no way to link the two accounts since you are two separate applicants who may not even have the same officer processing your cases.

There is no way to modify the info on the application after it's been submitted.  The best you can do at this point is update the officer during your interview of the incorrect date.

If I open an account, does the system ask for eligibility questions before allowing to proceed. Since I am trying to log in and fill the paperwork before the 90 day period I was wondering if the system will allow me to proceed

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
4 hours ago, Immigrant321 said:

If I open an account, does the system ask for eligibility questions before allowing to proceed. Since I am trying to log in and fill the paperwork before the 90 day period I was wondering if the system will allow me to proceed

You are able to skip the eligibility questions and just go straight to the application.

Applied for Naturalization based on 5-year Residency - 96 Days To Complete Citizenship!

July 14, 2017 (Day 00) -  Submitted N400 Application, filed online

July 21, 2017 (Day 07) -  NOA Receipt received in the mail

July 22, 2017 (Day 08) - Biometrics appointment scheduled online, letter mailed out

July 25, 2017 (Day 11) - Biometrics PDF posted online

July 28, 2017 (Day 14) - Biometrics letter received in the mail, appointment for 08/08/17

Aug 08, 2017 (Day 24) - Biometrics (fingerprinting) completed

Aug 14, 2017 (Day 30) - Online EGOV status shows "Interview Scheduled, will mail appointment letter"

Aug 16, 2017 (Day 32) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Interview Scheduled, read the letter we mailed you..."

Aug 17, 2017 (Day 33) - Interview Appointment Letter PDF posted online---GOT AN INTERVIEW DATE!!!

Aug 21, 2017 (Day 37) - Interview Appointment Letter received in the mail, appointment for 09/27/17

Sep. 27, 2017 (Day 74) - Naturalization Interview--- read my experience here

Sep. 27, 2017 (Day 74) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Oath Ceremony Notice mailed"

Sep. 28, 2017 (Day 75) - Oath Ceremony Letter PDF posted online--Ceremony for 10/19/17

Oct. 02, 2017 (Day 79) -  Oath Ceremony Letter received in the mail

Oct. 19, 2017 (Day 96) -  Oath Ceremony-- read my experience here

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline
9 hours ago, Name O Boy said:

Hi, I filed online yesterday. When I downloaded the N-400 pdf version I found out that there is an incorrect year date for my school year. I am wondering if there is any way I could modify it and correct it. Thanks for reading my question, I shall be very thankful for your answers. 

The officer will go through the entire application with you at the interview, and you will be able to make amendments at that time.

F-1 Visa: Academic years 2007/2010.

K-1 Visa: I-129F sent Aug 2013; Approved Jan 2014.

Green Card: AOS sent Feb 2014; Approved Jan 2015.

Removal of Conditions: I-751 sent Nov 2016; Approved Apr 2018.

US Citizenship: Application sent Nov 2017; Fingerprints Nov 2017; Civics/English exam March 2018; Oath May 2018.

On 1/14/2018 at 6:24 PM, Jebee said:

Hi duckybb, Congratulations! I also filed N400 on Oct. 23rd 2017 and I will be having my Interview on February 14 2018 at Centennial CO. field office. I hope my interviews will goes the same as yours since I also have pending ROC application that was filed last year (11-03-2016).

This may be out of the topic, but can I ask... Can I apply for citizenship when my I 751 is still in process? Will it slow down th I-751 and N-400 processing time? Thank you. 

16 minutes ago, Ha Do said:

This may be out of the topic, but can I ask... Can I apply for citizenship when my I 751 is still in process? Will it slow down th I-751 and N-400 processing time? Thank you. 

Yes, you can. I filed mine 90 days before the 3 year anniversary of being a Permanent Residence.

Will it slow down the ROC process? - I am now sure. All I know was my ROC(i751) was being transferred to my local office as soon they found out that I applied for n400. Check my timeline for n400 below. Thanks.

10/23/2017- sent to Phoenix, AZ lockbox via USPS
10/26/2017- NOA 1 with IOExxxx receipt number
10/28/2017- Biometric scheduled (online status)
11/16/2017- Biometric done at ASC
01/10/2018- online status updated - Interview has been scheduled
02/14/2018- Interview (passed) but decision cannot be made because of pending ROC. Officer has to review it first before he will approved my n400. 
02/20/2018- online status updated- We placed you in line for youth ceremony and will send you a notice. .......
03/02/2018- Oath letter mailed

03/20/2018- Oath Ceremony

03/21/2018- Applied for Passport

5 minutes ago, Ha Do said:

Jebee,

Thank you for your quick response. So, it just took you 5 months to get your citizenship. I heard that it usually takes longer in Denver. 

You are very welcome.

That's what I've heard. There are some that are still waiting for their interview since May and June.  I think I was lucky. Lol. 

By the way, my n400 never went in line for interview. It went straight to interview scheduled.

10/23/2017- sent to Phoenix, AZ lockbox via USPS
10/26/2017- NOA 1 with IOExxxx receipt number
10/28/2017- Biometric scheduled (online status)
11/16/2017- Biometric done at ASC
01/10/2018- online status updated - Interview has been scheduled
02/14/2018- Interview (passed) but decision cannot be made because of pending ROC. Officer has to review it first before he will approved my n400. 
02/20/2018- online status updated- We placed you in line for youth ceremony and will send you a notice. .......
03/02/2018- Oath letter mailed

03/20/2018- Oath Ceremony

03/21/2018- Applied for Passport

Edited by Jebee

2 minutes ago, Ha Do said:

Jebee,

I have one more question. Did you apply N-400 online? Do you think applying online can speeed up the processing time? Thank you so much.

Hello, No I did not but my they converted it into e-file. 

my online application was submitted last week.

These are errors I found afterward:

1) For country of birth - he misread as residence and put United States instead of Japan

2)Trip to Japan in 2017 was accidentally omitted. 

3) Forgot to add zip code of my child's address

Since I applied online, I can still submit additional documents. I wrote a letter explaining where the errors are and how I amended those on new form. I  plan to attached both the letter and new form and then submit. Good ideal or no? will this help?

Hi Everyone, Can someone please help me?

I have applied for my citizenship online on March 31st and I have received the IOE number..but I haven't received the receipt number yet. They still haven't charged my card for the Citizenship fee.

Is this normal..? I'm so worried...... Also, I've noticed people talking about attaching tax returns but I wasn't asked that question. Is that okay?

I just don't understand why I'm not charged for the amount yet. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Croatia
Timeline
24 minutes ago, rkim said:

I have applied for my citizenship online on March 31st and I have received the IOE number..but I haven't received the receipt number yet. They still haven't charged my card for the Citizenship fee.

Is this normal..? I'm so worried...... Also, I've noticed people talking about attaching tax returns but I wasn't asked that question. Is that okay?

Hi,

I do not know if I can help, but my card was charged as soon as I put in the card details and clicked submit. My bank sees it as a pending transaction. 

There was no question for tax returns, I simply attached them as documentation at the end. You can still send additional documentation even after you submitted the application, but I don't know what's going on with that credit card payment.

flying.gif 2006 - met online  | 2008 - met IRL  | 2011 - engagement  | 2012 - wedding | 2013 - IR-1 | 2014 - child | 2015 - POE | 2018 - N-400  |  2019 - USC 

Check my About me for the full IR-1 or N-400 timeline.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
52 minutes ago, rkim said:

Given that you applied on a Saturday, it's possible the payment hasn't cleared through your card/bank yet and won't do so until the next business day.  Some banks had shortened hours on Saturday due to the Easter holiday and would have been closed on the Sunday.  Depending on the bank you use may take another day before the transaction posts to your account---don't worry too much.  If you have an IOE number it means your application was submitted correctly.

Tax returns are required if filing under the 3-year rule----if you filed under the 5-year rule you wouldn't have been prompted to upload them.

Applied for Naturalization based on 5-year Residency - 96 Days To Complete Citizenship!

July 14, 2017 (Day 00) -  Submitted N400 Application, filed online

July 21, 2017 (Day 07) -  NOA Receipt received in the mail

July 22, 2017 (Day 08) - Biometrics appointment scheduled online, letter mailed out

July 25, 2017 (Day 11) - Biometrics PDF posted online

July 28, 2017 (Day 14) - Biometrics letter received in the mail, appointment for 08/08/17

Aug 08, 2017 (Day 24) - Biometrics (fingerprinting) completed

Aug 14, 2017 (Day 30) - Online EGOV status shows "Interview Scheduled, will mail appointment letter"

Aug 16, 2017 (Day 32) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Interview Scheduled, read the letter we mailed you..."

Aug 17, 2017 (Day 33) - Interview Appointment Letter PDF posted online---GOT AN INTERVIEW DATE!!!

Aug 21, 2017 (Day 37) - Interview Appointment Letter received in the mail, appointment for 09/27/17

Sep. 27, 2017 (Day 74) - Naturalization Interview--- read my experience here

Sep. 27, 2017 (Day 74) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Oath Ceremony Notice mailed"

Sep. 28, 2017 (Day 75) - Oath Ceremony Letter PDF posted online--Ceremony for 10/19/17

Oct. 02, 2017 (Day 79) -  Oath Ceremony Letter received in the mail

Oct. 19, 2017 (Day 96) -  Oath Ceremony-- read my experience here

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.