• email
    • basic chat
  2. 2. how often you contact

• once a day?
    • 2x a day?
    • 3x a day?
    • more than 3x?

42 posts in this topic

Jahan and i usually connect first thing in the morning by basic yahoo messenger. Starting the day with loads of love.Then by the end of the day he calls me at my second job. And later after i get home he calls me once more so we can say our goodnights to each other.

Click here for our complete timeline; from K1 all the way to citizenship.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

He calls me first thing at my am and we chat for few minutes. Then I sms him all the morning until we chat on yahoo for one hour. Then a few more sms messages to him before his bedtime. I then call him and we chat before he goes to bed. This is our daily routine. And evey morning when I get my email he has sent me a card plus sometimes he calls me at my goodnight time. :luv:

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline

it's a big time difference to Korea...talk on the phone when I'm getting up and he's going to bed, and when I'm going to bed and he's getting up....or sometimes when it's the middle of the night here and he's at work....we don't really time for IM because we both work so much...e-mail several times a week, that's usually to explain important stuff like immigration procedures - we use his language for that so he's sure to understand. I have learned a lot of it by necessity.

Shannon 명철

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

Weekdays it's 3 times a day.

Call in the morning (my morning). Chat at work (since gmail has this neat chat function; before that we sent emails). Then emails in our respective evenings.

AOS & EAD:

10/13/2006 - sent AOS and EAD documents

10/18/2006 - NOA1

11/02/2006 - biometrics appointment in Santa Ana

01/05/2007 - interview appointment in Santa Ana - APPROVED!!!

01/16/2007 - greencard in mail

01/22/2007 - EAD card in mail (well, thank you very much)

javatar1.jpgjavbw2.jpgjavbw4.jpgjavbw1.jpg

avbw1.jpgavbw3.jpgavbw2.jpgavbw4.jpg

Jonnie & Sandra

We almost always make time to talk every day, even if it's only for a few minutes. We usually talk on the phone or use AIM, particularly if we want to send songs or pictures to each other. I like to use AIM rather than e-mail for that, since you can talk while it's sending and then share the pictures/songs together. We also e-mail each other funny or useful links to websites, news articles, eBay items...whatever.

I could probably count the days on which we haven't talked at all on one hand. Usually we can get in 10 or 15 minutes of conversation, no matter how busy we are. :)

Abby (U.S.) and Ewen (Scotland): We laughed. We cried. Our witness didn't speak English. Happily married (finally), 27 December 2006.

Latest news: Green card received 16 April 2007. USCIS-free until 3 January 2009! Eligible to naturalize 3 April 2010.

Click on the "timeline" link at the left to view our timeline. And don't forget to update yours!

The London Interviews Thread: Wait times, interview dates, and chitchat for all visa types

The London Waivers Thread: For I-601 or I-212 applicants in London (UK, Ireland, and Scandinavia)

The London Graduates Thread: Moving stateside, AOS, and OT for London applicants and petitioners

all the mud in this town, all the dirt in this world

none of it sticks on you, you shake it off

'cause you're better than that, and you don't need it

there's nothing wrong with you

--Neil Finn

On second thought, let us not go to Camelot. 'Tis a silly place.

--Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

We usually text once a day-I call him when I can(more than I should). Lately it has been all "business", getting things in order for his interview. He had to remind me to say "hello" every once in a while, instead of just talking about the immigration #######.

Can't wait to see him in a few weeks (L)

Ni neart go cur le cheile

"Togetherness is Strength"

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

When we were apart he called me twice a day every day - in the evening when he got home from work and it was morning for me we'd talk for an hour, and then he'd get up at 5am to give me a thirty minute call at night time when I was getting ready for bed... in between times we talked on ICQ and IRC.

Karen - Melbourne, Australia/John - Florida, USA

- Proposal (20 August 2000) to marriage (19 December 2004) - 4 years, 3 months, 25 days (1,578 days)

STAGE 1 - Applying for K1 (15 September 2003) to K1 Approval (13 July 2004) - 9 months, 29 days (303 days)

STAGE 2A - Arriving in US (4 Nov 2004) to AOS Application (16 April 2005) - 5 months, 13 days (164 days)

STAGE 2B - Applying for AOS to GC Approval - 9 months, 4 days (279 days)

STAGE 3 - Lifting Conditions. Filing (19 Dec 2007) to Approval (December 11 2008)

STAGE 4 - CITIZENSHIP (filing under 5-year rule - residency start date on green card Jan 11th, 2006)

*N400 filed December 15, 2011

*Interview March 12, 2012

*Oath Ceremony March 23, 2012.

ALL DONE!!!!!!!!

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

We email a couple times a day....chat every evening...sometimes we talk on the phone. I'd rather it be face to face ;)

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

Filed: Country: India
Timeline

Wish i could click more than one option..

We start the day.. my day his evening.. first with a sms of good morning love... . Im heading online so wake up and meet me there..

we then spend about 45min to hour online.. at least I can look in his eyes.. and see how tired he is. or what he is feeling.. facial gestures tell quite abit. then I head to work.. and I call him about 930am. it is now 11pm his time.. and we talk 10-30 minutes.. .. I get to tuck him in.. .. .. my day with work.. ends.. I head home just in time to send him his wake up sms.. off to the internet cafe just before he gets to the office.. for a small 30 minute chat.. then when i am in bed cozying up to my pillow.. I give him a call to say my goodnight.. .. perfect way to end my day....

Many times we use msn for chatting and then use Yahoo for running the cam. seems the system likes to shut down if he uses the cam and chat in msn at the same time so we just run it on both. ..

Since my return home following my trip to India.. we have not done as many emails... seems just not as personal.. however.. a surprise FAX waiting for me at the office on my birthday and Valentines day was ohhh sooo specialll

Love isn't love unless it is expressed;

caring isn't caring unless the other person knows;

sharing isn't sharing unless the other person is included

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Me and Keigwyn talk every evening after i get home from work and done taking care of things...sometimes in the mornin for a sec to... :)

K-1 Visa

Met online : October 1998

Service Center : Nebraska Service Center

Consulate : London, United Kingdom

I-129F Sent : 2005-11-01

I-129F NOA1 : 2005-11-07

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 : 2005-12-02

NVC Received :

NVC Left : 2005-12-19

Consulate Received :

Packet 3 Received : 2006-01-16

Packet 3 Sent : 2006-01-28

Medical scheduled : 2006-02-20

Packet 4 Received: 2006-03-11

INTERVIEW: 2006-03-20 APPROVED!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: South Korea
Timeline
it's a big time difference to Korea...talk on the phone when I'm getting up and he's going to bed, and when I'm going to bed and he's getting up....or sometimes when it's the middle of the night here and he's at work....we don't really time for IM because we both work so much...e-mail several times a week, that's usually to explain important stuff like immigration procedures - we use his language for that so he's sure to understand. I have learned a lot of it by necessity.

Shannon, I know exactly what you mean, it is hard when your love is on the other side of the world, and when you are waking up he is going to bed and when he is going to bed you are waking up. We chat some during the day on yahoo while I am at work, but my boss doesn't seem to like that too much...lol. We get to talk on the phone on the weekends, and voice chat on the weekends more, but during the week it is very hard to communicate other than Email..but at least we have that option. What would we do without the Internet, I think we would all Die!!!!! LOL

1/12/06 Mail I-129f express mail

1/13/06 TSC rec'd

1/23/06 NOA1 from CSC

1/27/06 - Check cleared

7/10/06 - NOA2

7/14/06- rec'd @ NVC

8/14/06- NVC sent petition to Consulate

8/17/06 - Korean Consulate rec'd Petition

8/23/06 - rec'd packet 3 from Consulate

8/25/06 - sent packet 3 back to Consulate

8/27/06 - got confirmation email from Consulate, they rec'd packet three

8/27/06 - requested interview date via Consulate internet site.

9/1/06 - Checked internet site for interveiw date, it was there

9/25/06 - Interview date - APPROVED

9/28/06 - Visa in Zaeems Hand - YEAHHHHH

1/6/07 - leaving for USA

1/20/07 - Wedding Date

1/20/07 - MARRIED!!!!!

2/10/07 - rec'd certified copy of marriage license

AOS

3/13/07 - AOS package rec'd at Chicago Lockbox

3/20/07 - Rec'd Social Security Card

3/21/07 - Checks Cashed and Case Status online

3/24/07 - NOA1 Rec'd for AOS and EAD

3/27/07 - rec'd Biometrics appt letter - scheduled for 4/20/07 @ 11:00am

4/02/07 - "touched"

4/20/07 - had biometrics appt.

4/21/07 - rec'd letter stating case was transferred to CSC

5/22/07 - rec'd Case Pending at CSC email

6/25/07 - EAD card production ordered

7/7/07 - EAD "touched"

7/7/07 - AOS "touched"

8-6-07 - Rec'd EAD Card in the Mail

5-20-08 - AOS INTERVIEW - APPROVED - PASSPORT STAMPED

7-2-10 - Received 10 year green card in mail

Filed: Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

:lol: Hello all

Iam new to this but My heart is in ethoipia and i talk to her every day.

(L) her time is 8hr ahead of mine so i know the getting up and going to bed differnce.

It is hard when your heart (L) is 7000 miles away. But as we all know that all of us will have our hearts close to us soon. :dance:

we then spend about 45min to hour online.. at least I can look in his eyes.. and see how tired he is. or what he is feeling.. facial gestures tell quite abit.

I know exactly what u mean. Jahan is amazed when altho he does his best while on the cam from letting me see how tired he is from a day of work or the 5 hr difference and waiting for me to come home so we can connect again.( i can see more than he realizes. ) (L)

From what ive read of everyone on here, i dont think "basic" close relationships are as deep or as intense as VJers are. We have to strive toward the goal of bringing our spouses home. Its more thought about, so much planning and effort, the agony of depression and feelings of lonliness no matter how many calls and contacts are made. The stress of waiting day after day for each process to complete.....

Even now..Jahan is so wonderful. He knows me too well also. He will be going to go see family before coming home. Im so happy for him, yet he knows i will be so sad from less contacts than the usual. Dont know how i will make it through :blush: .

Click here for our complete timeline; from K1 all the way to citizenship.