luv2uallday

uscis filing fee hike 66%

36 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
f you think about it, you spend 700...800 dollars in a cell phone bill alone in just few months....
Maybe if you're an idiot who does nothing but chat on the phone all day. I spend $20 every three months for my cell phone, that's $80/year.

But I agree, the USCIS fees are low. I'd recommend $5000 for AOS myself.

Cheers!

AKDiver

PEOPLE: READ THE APPLICATION FORM INSTRUCTIONS!!!! They have a lot of good information in them! Most of the questions I see on VJ are clearly addressed by the form instructions. Give them a read!! If you are unable to understand the form instructions, I highly recommend hiring someone who does to help you with the process. Our process, from K-1 to Citizenship and U.S. Passport is completed. Good luck with your process.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
f you think about it, you spend 700...800 dollars in a cell phone bill alone in just few months....
Maybe if you're an idiot who does nothing but chat on the phone all day. I spend $20 every three months for my cell phone, that's $80/year.

But I agree, the USCIS fees are low. I'd recommend $5000 for AOS myself.

Cheers!

AKDiver

:lol::thumbs:

Filed AOS from F-1
Green Card approved on 01/04/07
Conditions removed 01/29/09

Citizenship Oath 08/23/12

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline
but what you are not realizing is that the new fee for AOS is inclusive of the fees for EAD and AP and their subsequent renewals if need be.

If you read the reports thoroughly on this you would realize that id costs the USCIS $828.00 to Process an AOS, therefore the value you are getting with this increase is quite substantial.

The report I read was unclear if this inclusive of Biometrics, Being that EAD does include the biometric fee and AOS does not currently, I do not know which way they will go with that.

the biometric fee is seperate and NOT inclusive of the 905 fee for aos... it will go from 70 to 80 dollars.. it is not a deal... under current fee structure you will pay a max of 600 or less for AOS and interim benifits the new fee will top that by 300 dollars i don't see a deal in that equation also,, mind u USCIS was questioned if the 905 fee will go any higher USCIS would not deny it but skate around the issue... this new fees will hurt those who are financially low income.... i wonder when it will hit the 2,000 dollar mark

You are only looking at this from your perspective. You did not read what I said and I am not going to give an economics lecture.

Bring on the $2,000.00 fee. As long as there is reform and the process becomes logical. I have no problem with that. If you can not afford to bring some one over, then don't. I am tired of paying the taxes I do and not seeing any benefits.

2005 Aug 27 Happily Married

Filed: Other Timeline
but what you are not realizing is that the new fee for AOS is inclusive of the fees for EAD and AP and their subsequent renewals if need be.

If you read the reports thoroughly on this you would realize that id costs the USCIS $828.00 to Process an AOS, therefore the value you are getting with this increase is quite substantial.

The report I read was unclear if this inclusive of Biometrics, Being that EAD does include the biometric fee and AOS does not currently, I do not know which way they will go with that.

the biometric fee is seperate and NOT inclusive of the 905 fee for aos... it will go from 70 to 80 dollars.. it is not a deal... under current fee structure you will pay a max of 600 or less for AOS and interim benifits the new fee will top that by 300 dollars i don't see a deal in that equation also,, mind u USCIS was questioned if the 905 fee will go any higher USCIS would not deny it but skate around the issue... this new fees will hurt those who are financially low income.... i wonder when it will hit the 2,000 dollar mark

Well you don't pay around $600 if you file for all the interims (AP and EAD). It's closer to $750 including biometrics. And if you have to renew one or both (EAD or AP) you are over $905 easily.

The proposed AOS 'bundle' includes AP and EAD and does not charge renewal for either of those benefits.

Edited by rebeccajo

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
ATTENTION the adjustment of status fees are supposedly going up from $325 to $905 biometric fees from 70$ to80$ at least by june mid june maybe may..... I have found this out on USCIS website buried in press releases....... i will give you the link to the uscis roundtable discussion about this...

http://www.uscis.gov/files/nativedocuments...rnd_31jan07.pdf

this link will give you the intentons of USCIS fee restructuring proposal.... here is their plan

feb 1 2007 to april 1 discussion and entry into the federal registrar.... april 1 to june 1 ironing our implimentation of new fees.. after that enforcement of new fees..... now they have given no set time to start charging these higher fees nor any rock solid facts as to which fees will be raised all i know now is what fees listed below is what they want to raise.. its getting close to the target date of june and they have yet to release any final dates or facts as to which petitoins will be effected exactly but i do beleive u should know what could be coming down the line just in case it effects you...

here are more links to the fee restructuring fee proposal

http://www.uscis.gov/files/pressrelease/QABuilding1.pdf <--- this will give you the details to what petitions and how much the increase to back what i'm saying up......... all this information is super buried in the website and you have to dig into the documents to get the facts.. took me 45 min to figure out what they don't want you to know it seems....

Form

Petition Type

Current Fee Proposed Fee

I-129 Petition for Nonimmigrant Worker

$ 190 to $ 320

I-130 Petition for Alien Relative

$ 190 to $ 355

I-485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status

$ 325 to $ 905

I-140 Immigrant Petition for Alien Worker

$ 195 to $ 475

N-400 Application for Naturalization

$ 330 $ 595

good luck to you all and i hope they don't raise the fees too soon..i'm already scrambling to get my petiton filed before its too late

Dear all friends,

Do you have any news about this increasing?? We just checked on USCIS website, and didn't see any change in fee. We will send our document soon. Please inform us if any change in fee.

Thank you and best regards,

Hien

For long run, new immigrant will pay taxes on their "new" income.

Some may not work at all, but most people will start work and pay for taxes.

So I don't think that budget coming from tax payer's pocket is waste.

Eventually most of new immigrant will work and pay for social security tax to pay for all retirees' benefit in the end. :-)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.