raeeeee

AOS from B2 with a Military Spouse. Proof of Bona Fide Marriage?

3 posts in this topic

Hi, I'm new here and I'm hoping to get some help for a few things about my current situation. Not sure if I should post this here so I apologize if I got it wrong.

My husband is enlisted into the US Air Force. I came here on a B2 visa and long story short, we ended up getting married and we're now planning to file for Adjustment of Status.

I know we need proof that our relationship and marriage is real and it very much is. So far we have photos from vacations spent together, call logs from a lengthy long distance relationship (I don't know what I should do about this though since they're logs of daily Facetime calls..print it somehow?), a joint bank account, an apartment lease with both our names as well as various bills (cellphone, etc) and memberships (gym, etc) with both our names. I don't know what else we can give besides that. But what I'm mostly curious about is what documents we can get and use as proof on the military side of things? We haven't been married for long yet so he's still going to go about things on base to list me as his dependent and whatever else that entails. He said I'll be getting an ID and he'll get me on DEERS and(/or?) TRICARE. I don't know much about the military so I don't really know what that means except that TRICARE is a kind of medical insurance. I'm assuming we can use both the ID and the medical insurance as proof? Other than that, what else can he get done through the military that we can use? Can we also get a Power of Attorney through the military or is that something we should do elsewhere?

If anyone can advise us on what we can do and how we can go about doing it, we will be very grateful as it can really speed things up for us. Big thanks to anyone who can help. :D

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.