jay 2

Marriage with b1/b2 (merged)

45 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
1 minute ago, vegasbound said:

If she entered the US with a tourist visa with the intention of getting married, then she has committed visa fraud. 

Just because she's already here does not alter that fact. 

It's not against TOS.  Nor is it considered fraud anymore as her intent was established at POE.

4 hours ago, Hopeful diva said:

No they don't. Tried to open up an account for a visitor on b2 couple of weeks ago. You have to have either a student visa or some sought of utility bill or ead in your name to qualify. 

I didn't have anything other than my passport on the VWP and they opened a joint account for me and my husband. They even used a 'temporary' SSN to open it, then we just went back in with my actual one once I received it.

AOS

09/02/2015 - Enter United States @ Raleigh Durham International Airport, NC under VWP

14/02/2015 - Fly to San Francisco, CA

09/05/2015 - I-94 Expires

22/05/2015 - Civil Surgeon Medical Examination

28/05/2015 - Received Sealed Envelope

04/07/2015 - Married in Vegas

14/08/2015 - Sent I-130, I-485, I-765 & I-131 to Chicago Lockbox

21/08/2015 - Emails/Texts of Acceptance for I-130, I-485, I-765 & I-131

24/08/2015 - I-130 & I-485 Cheques Cashed

27/08/2015 - Paper NOA1 Received

14/09/2015 - Biometrics Letter Received

23/09/2015 - Biometrics Complete

17/10/2015 - EAD/AP Card Produced

21/10/2015 - EAD/AP Card Mailed

24/10/2015 - EAD/AP Card Delivered

31/10/2015 - Received SSN

06/02/2016 - Interview Notice Delivered by Post

09/03/2016 - Interview

09/03/2016 - Approved at Interview + Card Ordered

14/03/2016 - Green Card Mailed

16/03/2016 - Green Card Received

ROC

05/02/2018 - Sent I-751 to California Service Centre

07/02/2018 - I-751 Received

09/02/2018 - Extension Letter Arrived in Post

12/05/2018 - Biometrics Reused Letter

18/08/2018 - 18 Months Extension Letter

19/04/2019 - 1-751 Approved + Card Produced

Naturalisation

09/12/2018 - Sent N-400 Application Online

14/12/2018 - Received Paper NOA1

02/01/2019 - Biometrics Scheduled

06/02/2019 - Biometrics Rescheduled

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
2 hours ago, cyberfx1024 said:

But what visa did he come in on?

He came in on a visitors visa,  his visa was already expired when I added him to the banking . 

Formally Known as Paris Heart   A long, long time ago       france paris GIF

N-400  APPLIED FOR CITIZENSHIP:    Interview will be Houston Tx office.

Mailed:  11/13/2023

Delivered to USCIS Lock Box:  11/15/2023

Credit Card payment processed:  11-16-2023

Received Receipt #   via Text:  11-17-2023

I-797C Receipt received:  11-27-2023

Biometrics  will be reused per letter: 11-27-2023

FILED  AOS FROM AN EXPIRED VISITORS VISA:

Sent: 9/12/16: I-130 + I-485 + I-765 (USPS)

Delivered: Sept. 15th 2016 to Chicago Lock Box

Interview Feb  21st, 2018 for I-485

Interview  May 13th, 2019 for I-130 Stokes interview ( 2 minutes)

NOID issued May 17th 2019

June 5th,2019   USCIS received my response on the  NOID// Addressed the NOID myself, No lawyer ever used in case.

July 1st, 2019  10 YEAR GREEN CARD APPROVED

July 5th, 2019   Approval letters for I-130 & I-485 received in the USPS  mail.

July 11th 2019   Green Card in Hand

happy tom and jerry GIF

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

You can also try BB&T bank. That's where i opened my account while being on B1/B2. they didn't even look at the visa itself, they just needed 2 proofs of a name. By that time i just had my foreign passport + bank card from the foreign bank. They were more than satisfied to open an account for me at this point. 
Also won't it make more sense to open an account for your fiancee at the same bank as you? 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
11 hours ago, vegasbound said:

So this is a pre-planned/arranged marriage with the intention of using a tourist visa to enter the country and get married then subsequently file for adjustment of status. Right?

@CookieCat Please take a look at this and see if this violates VJ's policy. Thanks.

No it was arranged after she came with many family members of her on tour and to meet relatives here in USA.

Edited by jay 2

Timeline
9 hours ago, CookieCat said:

The b1/b2 person's intent was established at the port of entry so there's no question of raising it as fraud anymore. Also nothing in the thread is violating VJ TOS yet. I appreciate your diligence @vegasbound:)

yes rite. it was arranged after couple of months of she arrived to visit her relatives with other family members.

Timeline
11 hours ago, Eternati said:

You can also try BB&T bank. That's where i opened my account while being on B1/B2. they didn't even look at the visa itself, they just needed 2 proofs of a name. By that time i just had my foreign passport + bank card from the foreign bank. They were more than satisfied to open an account for me at this point. 
Also won't it make more sense to open an account for your fiancee at the same bank as you? 

thank you

Timeline
11 hours ago, vegasbound said:

So this is a pre-planned/arranged marriage with the intention of using a tourist visa to enter the country and get married then subsequently file for adjustment of status. Right?

@CookieCat Please take a look at this and see if this violates VJ's policy. Thanks.

Thanks.

She came here to visit with other of her family members and to visit her relatives living here in USA.

On 5/19/2017 at 8:30 AM, Hopeful diva said:

No they don't. Tried to open up an account for a visitor on b2 couple of weeks ago. You have to have either a student visa or some sought of utility bill or ead in your name to qualify. 

They do. When I first arrived I opened a joint account with my husband at bank of America using just my passport.

On 5/19/2017 at 11:52 AM, jcrod9 said:

I am thinking it is probably different state regulations perhaps?

I honestly think it's due to staff not being knowledgeable. I went to Chase the other day to change my last name on my joint account to my married name as I had now obtained a state ID and at the time when I opened it, all I had was my UK passport with my maiden name on it. I was told he couldn't change my name on my account because I needed to have my GC with me. I told him he was being ridiculous as I already have an account open with them and my drivers license and my marriage license I had with me is all the proof I needed to change the name on the account but he still insisted the system wouldn't let him. I left and went to another Chase bank down the street and he did it for me with absolutely no problems. All he needed was to see my new state ID. So some staff members just don't know what they're doing.

On 5/19/2017 at 0:41 PM, vegasbound said:

If she entered the US with a tourist visa with the intention of getting married, then she has committed visa fraud. 

Just because she's already here does not alter that fact. 

That is the job of the IO to determine, not anyone on this board. Intent is established at the time of entry, if she was allowed to enter the country then she would have done so legally and intent no longer matters. Some people on these boards get so hung up on possible intent and act like the person is committing the worst possible crime on the planet. The outcome is the same, spending their lives with their spouse. K1, CR1 or AOS from a VWP, Tourist or some other visa.

Edited by BritGirl88

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
43 minutes ago, BritGirl88 said:

That is the job of the IO to determine, not anyone on this board. Intent is established at the time of entry, if she was allowed to enter the country then she would have done so legally and intent no longer matters. Some people on these boards get so hung up on possible intent and act like the person is committing the worst possible crime on the planet. The outcome is the same, spending their lives with their spouse. K1, CR1 or AOS from a VWP, Tourist or some other visa.

As an immigrant myself and one who has gone through an exhausting immigration process to be with my spouse, I am aware of the goals of many like myself here - to be with their loved ones. This is not something I needed to be told. But emotional appeal aside, there are right and legal ways to achieve that goal. It is no secret that US immigration process, especially for those seeking immigrant status, can sometimes be frustratingly lengthy and people are tempted to take the easy way out or shortcuts by maneuvering the visa system. When people take that route, then it is our responsiblity, legally and ethically, to point that out and abstain from further advising them so that we are not seen as enabling or encouraging others to commit fraud. No one on VJ is "hung up" on accusing others of anything, unlike some who prefer to jump to conclusions and make speculations about people's intention. Asking a question is just part of that responsibility.

Anyways, it looks like this issue has been cleared by a moderator so there is no need to continue on this discussion as it will only detract from the main discussion. As someone who is new to this forum, perhaps you are not aware of this. Should you wish to reply, please message me directly with your concerns.

Timeline after visa approval

Immigrant fee paid on ELIS - Jan 24th

POE - Jan 25th

Update on GC and SSN

(as of March 14th, 2014)

ELIS status - Closed (Card produced)

USCIS case check with receipt number (starts with IOE) - Card delivered in the mail

SSN - Received (Went to SSA location to apply for one)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

N-400 Naturalization Process

N-400 package mailed in - Nov 7th

Payment posted on cc account - Nov 10th

NOA (hard copy) - Nov 14th

Biometrics - Dec 7th

In Line - Dec 27th

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

***** two threads and a post posted in another member's thread merged.  Please ask questions about your own case in your own thread. *****

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Penguin_ie said:

***** two threads and a post posted in another member's thread merged.  Please ask questions about your own case in your own thread. *****

oh sorry. the website in confusing.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.