M and Y

Guangzhou Consulate K-1

2 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Hi VJ,

This is my first post so sorry if this may be a repeat of another thread. My Fiancee and I are still waiting for the Guangzhou consulate to mail us the package 3. The NVC sent everything to the consulate on May 12th but we have not heard anything from them. We have tried calling and emailing many times but they just come back with the same answer....It is in process and we have to wait for them to contact us. It seems like thy are just giving us a generic answer to get us off the phone. Well it has been almost 4 weeks since they received it and the case status has been "Ready" since May 16th. The last update was May 31st. We are worried there is something wrong. Maybe they tried to contact us but couldn't reach us for some reason? When I called I double checked the contact info and it is right. We are just worried something is wrong as it seems to be taking much longer than the usual timeline of others on here. Does anyone have any further suggestions or experienced the same thing? We have been calling the US Travel Docs number on their website. Also to note, I have gotten my local governors office involved (They have been a big help along the way I highly recommend everyone do this, its like free advice. They do this stuff all the time) and they have gotten the same answer. Appreciate any insight anyone has.

Filed: P-2 Visa Country: Costa Rica
Timeline

Hello M and Y, 

Guangzhou received our NVC paperwork on April 3rd and we got our Packet 3 six weeks later. 

There is nothing you can do to speed this up. You have to wait for Packet 3 and at least get ready to send it back as soon as it arrives. You will need your DS-160 page, photocopy of your passport, passport pictures and the original letter that is sent with Packet 3. 

After you send, you will received an Email (we got our Email 3 days after we physically sent the Packet 3). (they call this Packet 4). After Email you can pay the fee at Citic bank, then you can schedule an interview.  

Once you have the interview date, only then can you setup an appointment for medical exam. You need to email the medical signup form to them and its asks for interview date. After you are registered for medical, you can walk in any time. It takes 3 days to get the results. There is one more complication. They take urine samples and they dont want women to come to interview while on their period. Just one more thing to consider. My finance had to come to Guanzhou again to pick up the medical results. 

On the usdocs/cn site there in an inquiry form. I was also curious why it takes so long and I sent a inquary/email.  Next day the status changed and next day my fiance got a phone call from Consulate confirming her mailing address. 

This is the sequence and there is nothing you can do but wait.  This whole process is beyond frustrating. 

Wish you the best of Luck........

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.