stellamahoo

I-129f June 2017 filers (merged)

6,570 posts in this topic

If K1 is taking longer now does that not mean the CR-1 is going to take even longer than 12 months? I know a couple in a ldr forum who are on month 14 waiting for CR-1 and its just Australia to US. 

K1                                                                                                       AOS

20 March 2017: We got engaged!!                                             13 June 2018 - Sent AOS/EAD/AP

06 June 2017 - Sent I-129F                                                         15 June 2018 - USCIS signature received.

12 June 2017 - Case was received.                                           20 June 2018 - NOA1 for AOS/EAD/AP

14 June 2017 - NOA1                                                                   22 June 2018 - Cash checked

14 December 2017- NOA2                                                          23 June 2018 - Hardcopy i797 for AOS/EAD/AP

26 January 2018 - NVC Scan Date                                            17 July 2018 - Biometrics appt

29 January 2018 - NVC Number                                                24 July 2018 - Case ready to be scheduled for interview

07 February 2018  -Medical                                                        27 Sept 2018 - Call to request EAD expedite based on pending job offer/financial hardship

20 February 2018 -Interview: APPROVED!                               6 Oct 2018 - Letter in mail stating "Your case is currently under review"

21 February 2018- Visa Issued                                                  16 Nov 2018 - EAD Approved                                                                             

23 February 2018-Visa in hand                                                  24 Nov 2018 - EAD/AP received in mail

20 March 2018 -POE: Los Angeles                                            26 Nov 2018 - SSN mail received 

20 May 2018-Marriage                                                                06 Nov 2018 - Interview Scheduled

16 March 2019 - Interview 

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 10/11/2017 at 2:24 PM, MarksMate said:

Well, on the bright side, 2 days till Hola and Amigo day! 

An exciting event! Especially when we see who is first to knock them out of the Number 1 position, followed by scrolling off the list completely 😁

Filed: Country:
Timeline
10 hours ago, John & Rose said:

We estimate 60 to 75 days from NOA2 to VOH.  I think a little longer.  If the interview is around 50 to 60 days and another 10 for VOH, it adds up quickly.  I have seen interviews 45 days from NOA2 but that seems rare.

In my conservative estimation right now, mid November NOA2 means mid January interview.  From there you are pushing another 10 days to VOH and finally travel.  So late January early February POE.

The problem is that the estimates have pushed back far enough that I actually anticipate my June 6 NOA1 to be a December  NOA2.  I am at mid November now but it has dropped steadily and quickly (5 days in the last 4 days).  I anticipate a December NOA2 with February Interview and March VOH.  The wait looks even longer for July and more recent filers...

Eu estou ligeiramente distorcido devido ao estresse mental desta espera e meus números são conservadores, mas honestamente não espero que o meu NOA 6 de junho seja muito mais rápido que um NOA2 de dezembro. Adicione férias e desacelerações típicas e acredito que o POE em março ou abril é uma possibilidade séria. Então, 10 a 11 meses para nós e mais para os arquivadores de julho e novos é viável.  

CR1 é de 12 meses com o cartão verde e a capacidade de trabalhar imediatamente. O CR1 também tem um custo menor. Isso faz com que a opção CR1 se pareça boa para as pessoas que arquivam agora. 

I strongly  disagree, do not make sense! 

10 hours ago, John & Rose said:

We estimate 60 to 75 days from NOA2 to VOH.  I think a little longer.  If the interview is around 50 to 60 days and another 10 for VOH, it adds up quickly.  I have seen interviews 45 days from NOA2 but that seems rare.

In my conservative estimation right now, mid November NOA2 means mid January interview.  From there you are pushing another 10 days to VOH and finally travel.  So late January early February POE.

The problem is that the estimates have pushed back far enough that I actually anticipate my June 6 NOA1 to be a December  NOA2.  I am at mid November now but it has dropped steadily and quickly (5 days in the last 4 days).  I anticipate a December NOA2 with February Interview and March VOH.  The wait looks even longer for July and more recent filers...

Eu estou ligeiramente distorcido devido ao estresse mental desta espera e meus números são conservadores, mas honestamente não espero que o meu NOA 6 de junho seja muito mais rápido que um NOA2 de dezembro. Adicione férias e desacelerações típicas e acredito que o POE em março ou abril é uma possibilidade séria. Então, 10 a 11 meses para nós e mais para os arquivadores de julho e novos é viável.  

CR1 é de 12 meses com o cartão verde e a capacidade de trabalhar imediatamente. O CR1 também tem um custo menor. Isso faz com que a opção CR1 se pareça boa para as pessoas que arquivam agora. 

5 hours ago, amorrealbrazilusa said:

I will contact the congressman when my case have 150 days

I wish you luck. All I did was state the facts. I hope it is quicker but considering the February and March filers still waiting and the very few May filers with NOA2s, I will stick with my estimates while hoping things get better. 

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

22 minutes ago, Emeryx said:

I lurk everyday on here but i'd just like to say all you guys are so awesome and very very helpful!! the information you all provide to others and to the lurkers (like myself) here is just so great and even though our NOA2 dates are getting pushed back you all still bring positive vibes to myself and no doubt to everyone else!

So thank you to all of you! you and your information is always appreciated :)

It can be a challenging wait but it is what it is.  The important thing is that there is love waiting for us at the end of this journey.

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

7 hours ago, amorrealbrazilusa said:

I will contact the congressman when my case have 150 days

I am wondering.  How do you see the timeline working out?  I accept that you strongly disagree and you dont think my timeline makes sense.  I would love to hear your opinion.  I am always willing to learn.

IMG_5168.jpeg

16 hours ago, MarksMate said:

If K1 is taking longer now does that not mean the CR-1 is going to take even longer than 12 months? I know a couple in a ldr forum who are on month 14 waiting for CR-1 and its just Australia to US. 

If you look at the trends, the CR1s are actually trending quicker depending on office.  Looks like NOA1 to NOA2 is 176 days for CR1 and trending quicker.  Right now NOA1 to NOA2 for K1 is 154 days and trending longer.

Edited by John & Rose

IMG_5168.jpeg

I just saw a post in the Philippines forum that the US Embassy has 8 Holidays through the end of the year.  Interviews may be tough to get.  The Embassy staff there has 26 Holidays a year!!!!

I'll stick with my timeline estimates for now.  I really hope someone proves me wrong!

Edited by John & Rose

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Netherlands
Timeline
39 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

I just saw a post in the Philippines forum that the US Embassy has 8 Holidays through the end of the year.  Interviews may be tough to get.  The Embassy staff there has 26 Holidays a year!!!!

I'll stick with my timeline estimates for now.  I really hope someone proves me wrong!

:( I hope the same, cause I have the same gut feeling that it'll only slow down more and more with the holidays approaching. That even on normal working days, there will be less people in the office because of taking leave for the holidays or whatever.

I'm praying every day for another crunch of numbers..... Good morning to another USCIS working day today!

K1                                                                                            AoS                                                                                                                                 N-400

I-129F Received: 05-June-2017                                        AoS, EAD & AP Filed: 15-June-2018                                                                         N-400 Filed: 29-Sept-2020

NOA2: 09-January-2018                                                      NOA1 on all three: 27-June-2018                                                                             NOA1: 28-Sept-2020

NVC Received/Case #: 24-January-2018                         Biometrics: 20-July-2018                                                                                           Interview Date: 16-Feb-2021

Consulate Received: 02-February-2018                           Case Ready For Interview: 24-July-2018                                                                 Oath Ceremony: 18-Feb-2021

Interview: 13-March-2018                                                   EAD & AP Approvals: 18-October-2018                                                                   Expedited under section 319(b) - overseas military orders

VOH: 17-March-2018                                                           Interview Scheduled: 8-April-2019 / Rescheduled on 17-April-2019                  Biometrics re-used from AOS application. Skipped ROC

POE (LAX): 11-April-2018                                                    Interview Date: 28-April-2019 - APPROVED!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
8 hours ago, amorrealbrazilusa said:

What does not make sense? USCIS says its processing time is 5-6 months, so they consider anything less than that "normal". Yes it has been 2-3 months for years, but they say 5-6 so they can take that long.

NVC claims 30-45 days for processing. Again, it usually does not take that long, but that is their "target"

The USCIS page now claims processing as of March 1--that is 226 days ago! they are not shy about claiming long timelines (yes, we are running 160 days or so now, but my point is, long processing times are not something they are hiding!).

So I don't get what you are disagreeing with and what does not make sense. Processing times have been getting longer every week for over 2 months. There is no evidence to suggest that will change soon.

3 minutes ago, DandY said:

What does not make sense? USCIS says its processing time is 5-6 months, so they consider anything less than that "normal". Yes it has been 2-3 months for years, but they say 5-6 so they can take that long.

NVC claims 30-45 days for processing. Again, it usually does not take that long, but that is their "target"

The USCIS page now claims processing as of March 1--that is 226 days ago! they are not shy about claiming long timelines (yes, we are running 160 days or so now, but my point is, long processing times are not something they are hiding!).

So I don't get what you are disagreeing with and what does not make sense. Processing times have been getting longer every week for over 2 months. There is no evidence to suggest that will change soon.

I strongly agree.  That does make sense!!! LOL

IMG_5168.jpeg

Will that many holidays only affect the phillipines applications? Everything in New Zealand shuts down for 2 weeks at xmas and new year so that might slow us down here too.

K1                                                                                                       AOS

20 March 2017: We got engaged!!                                             13 June 2018 - Sent AOS/EAD/AP

06 June 2017 - Sent I-129F                                                         15 June 2018 - USCIS signature received.

12 June 2017 - Case was received.                                           20 June 2018 - NOA1 for AOS/EAD/AP

14 June 2017 - NOA1                                                                   22 June 2018 - Cash checked

14 December 2017- NOA2                                                          23 June 2018 - Hardcopy i797 for AOS/EAD/AP

26 January 2018 - NVC Scan Date                                            17 July 2018 - Biometrics appt

29 January 2018 - NVC Number                                                24 July 2018 - Case ready to be scheduled for interview

07 February 2018  -Medical                                                        27 Sept 2018 - Call to request EAD expedite based on pending job offer/financial hardship

20 February 2018 -Interview: APPROVED!                               6 Oct 2018 - Letter in mail stating "Your case is currently under review"

21 February 2018- Visa Issued                                                  16 Nov 2018 - EAD Approved                                                                             

23 February 2018-Visa in hand                                                  24 Nov 2018 - EAD/AP received in mail

20 March 2018 -POE: Los Angeles                                            26 Nov 2018 - SSN mail received 

20 May 2018-Marriage                                                                06 Nov 2018 - Interview Scheduled

16 March 2019 - Interview 

3 minutes ago, MarksMate said:

Will that many holidays only affect the phillipines applications? Everything in New Zealand shuts down for 2 weeks at xmas and new year so that might slow us down here too.

That is from the Manila US Embassy’s website. I assume each embassy and consulate has their own. Some of the holidays in my list were Filipino holidays. Check on the New Zealand Embassy’s site for their days off. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.