stellamahoo

I-129f June 2017 filers (merged)

6,570 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, KBA said:

My timeline has been heading backwards for the past week or so...maybe I’ll just stop looking at it 🙈 Yes the CR1 might be the better option now since the processing times are starting to be about the same! 

Actually, the CR 1 is much quicker and cheaper considering you have the green card is 12 to 14 months.  With the K-1 12 months is just the interview or possibly POE.  Then you have AOD/EAD and green card...

If I wasn't this far along I would just go to the Philippines and get married.

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

10 minutes ago, Swissmiss82 said:

is the CR1 the same as K3? what is the difference?

CR1 is a spousal visa that is permanent and ends with a green card.  K-3 is a temporary non-immigrant visa that expires in 30 days (I believe).  The K-3 would have to apply for AOS/EAD and green card.  The CR1 can work right away.  The K3 would have to wait for work authorization.

Edited by John & Rose

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Netherlands
Timeline
9 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

Actually, the CR 1 is much quicker and cheaper considering you have the green card is 12 to 14 months.  With the K-1 12 months is just the interview or possibly POE.  Then you have AOD/EAD and green card...

Same. If we'd known about this beforehand, or weren't as far like you said - we'd just get married asap.

*Sigh.....

K1                                                                                            AoS                                                                                                                                 N-400

I-129F Received: 05-June-2017                                        AoS, EAD & AP Filed: 15-June-2018                                                                         N-400 Filed: 29-Sept-2020

NOA2: 09-January-2018                                                      NOA1 on all three: 27-June-2018                                                                             NOA1: 28-Sept-2020

NVC Received/Case #: 24-January-2018                         Biometrics: 20-July-2018                                                                                           Interview Date: 16-Feb-2021

Consulate Received: 02-February-2018                           Case Ready For Interview: 24-July-2018                                                                 Oath Ceremony: 18-Feb-2021

Interview: 13-March-2018                                                   EAD & AP Approvals: 18-October-2018                                                                   Expedited under section 319(b) - overseas military orders

VOH: 17-March-2018                                                           Interview Scheduled: 8-April-2019 / Rescheduled on 17-April-2019                  Biometrics re-used from AOS application. Skipped ROC

POE (LAX): 11-April-2018                                                    Interview Date: 28-April-2019 - APPROVED!

1 minute ago, Hadassah123 said:

Same. If we'd known about this beforehand, or weren't as far like you said - we'd just get married asap.

*Sigh.....

We need to help the October filers and at least let them know about that option.  

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Netherlands
Timeline
1 minute ago, John & Rose said:

We need to help the October filers and at least let them know about that option.  

Yes!

K1                                                                                            AoS                                                                                                                                 N-400

I-129F Received: 05-June-2017                                        AoS, EAD & AP Filed: 15-June-2018                                                                         N-400 Filed: 29-Sept-2020

NOA2: 09-January-2018                                                      NOA1 on all three: 27-June-2018                                                                             NOA1: 28-Sept-2020

NVC Received/Case #: 24-January-2018                         Biometrics: 20-July-2018                                                                                           Interview Date: 16-Feb-2021

Consulate Received: 02-February-2018                           Case Ready For Interview: 24-July-2018                                                                 Oath Ceremony: 18-Feb-2021

Interview: 13-March-2018                                                   EAD & AP Approvals: 18-October-2018                                                                   Expedited under section 319(b) - overseas military orders

VOH: 17-March-2018                                                           Interview Scheduled: 8-April-2019 / Rescheduled on 17-April-2019                  Biometrics re-used from AOS application. Skipped ROC

POE (LAX): 11-April-2018                                                    Interview Date: 28-April-2019 - APPROVED!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, John & Rose said:

Unfortunately, I think most people come here after they have filed. I did.

2 minutes ago, DandY said:

Unfortunately, I think most people come here after they have filed. I did.

True. Me too. Hopefully we can at least get the info to a few just starting the journey. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline
3 hours ago, John & Rose said:

This makes me feel incredibly hopeless. I know that's a tad dramatic, but....it does. Because like you said - at this point, this far along, this invested in the process...it wouldn't help to give up and try another way. This is the most frustrating thing I've ever experienced in my life.

Håll ut, y'all.

K1 Process                                                                                AOS Process

July 2015 - met online thanks to Zak Bagans                                                            May 25, 2018 - South Carolina marriage license issued

June 2016 - first in-person meeting                                                                             May 26, 2018 - legally married

August 2016 - stateside visit                                                                                        June 7, 2018 - applied for Social Security Number [manual verification required]

February-April 2017 - stateside visit                                                                           June 18, 2018 - SSN/card received in the mail

April 4, 2017 - got engaged                                                                                          June 30, 2018 - submitted I-485 (AOS)/I-765 (EAD)/I-131 (AP) together

June 5, 2017 - submitted I129F                                                                                   July 9, 2018 - AOS/EAD/AP electronic NOA1 received

June 12, 2017 - received NOA1                                                                                   July 13, 2018 - AOS/EAD/AP hard copy NOA1 received (dated July 6, 2018)

December 1, 2017 - received NOA2                                                                            July 25, 2018 - Biometrics appointment (Charlotte, NC)

January 17, 2018 - NVC received case                                                                      August 1, 2018 - case status updated to "Ready to be Scheduled for Interview"

January 18, 2018 - received NVC case number by phone                                      August 11, 2018 - case status updated to "I-485 Interview Scheduled"

January 24, 2018 - packet received via email                                                           August 16, 2018 - AOS Interview Scheduled letter received

February 15, 2018 - medical appointment                                                                 August 28, 2018 - visited civil surgeon (Winston-Salem, NC) to complete I-693

February-March 2018 - trip to Gothenburg                                                                                                [beneficiary had to get one remaining vaccination stateside]

February 22, 2018 - interview at the US Embassy in Stockholm                            September 18, 2018 - I-485/AOS Interview in Greer, SC

[passed, pending receipt of medical papers]                           September 18, 2018 - case status updated to "Card Has Been Issued/Mailed"

February 27, 2018 - medical papers received by Embassy                                     September 25, 2018 - Green Card received in the mail

March 5, 2018 - visa received in the mail with passport                                          October 6, 2018 - traditional wedding with family & friends

May 16, 2018 - POE in Charlotte, NC

Up next.... Removal of Conditions!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Cambodia
Timeline

Spousal visa- longer to get in USA, faster to get citizenship 

Fiance visa- faster to get in country, longer to get citizenship 

Personall I'm happy to get my fiancé here faster and worry about the rest after she is here. 

AjIr9Cp.jpgVBcIOnI.giftCxpVPB.gif19B8PJM.gifWJvjtpL.gifv0iSLWp.gif

2079070924_Webp.net-resizeimage(3).png.40aa360e06b2e929a52d4af17362bc4a.png

jDSUBz2.gif

40 minutes ago, George & Roth said:

Spousal visa- longer to get in USA, faster to get citizenship 

Fiance visa- faster to get in country, longer to get citizenship 

Personall I'm happy to get my fiancé here faster and worry about the rest after she is here. 

But now that the K-1 visa process is close to 10 months (without AOS...) and the CR-1 is at 12, the cost difference and the ability to have the green card and work immediately upon arrival makes for a great argument. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Timeline
1 hour ago, John & Rose said:

But now that the K-1 visa process is close to 10 months (without AOS...) and the CR-1 is at 12, the cost difference and the ability to have the green card and work immediately upon arrival makes for a great argument. 

Hmm, maybe I missed something. I have NOA 2 target date mid-November so I was hoping she can come in January. That is 7 months. 

Has something changed which results in it being longer? 

I have been quite busy, hope I did not miss something. 

jDSUBz2.gif

15 minutes ago, George & Roth said:

Hmm, maybe I missed something. I have NOA 2 target date mid-November so I was hoping she can come in January. That is 7 months. 

Has something changed which results in it being longer? 

I have been quite busy, hope I did not miss something. 

We estimate 60 to 75 days from NOA2 to VOH.  I think a little longer.  If the interview is around 50 to 60 days and another 10 for VOH, it adds up quickly.  I have seen interviews 45 days from NOA2 but that seems rare.

In my conservative estimation right now, mid November NOA2 means mid January interview.  From there you are pushing another 10 days to VOH and finally travel.  So late January early February POE.

The problem is that the estimates have pushed back far enough that I actually anticipate my June 6 NOA1 to be a December  NOA2.  I am at mid November now but it has dropped steadily and quickly (5 days in the last 4 days).  I anticipate a December NOA2 with February Interview and March VOH.  The wait looks even longer for July and more recent filers...

I am slightly skewed due to the mental stress of this wait and my numbers are conservative but I honestly don't expect my June 6 NOA1 to be much quicker than a December NOA2.  Add holidays and typical slowdowns and I believe POE in March or April  is a serious possibility.  So 10 to 11 months for us and longer for the July and newer filers is feasible.  

CR1 is 12 months with the green card and the ability to work immediately.  The CR1 also has a lower cost.  That makes the CR1 option look good for people filing now. 

Edited by John & Rose

IMG_5168.jpeg

Timeline
37 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

We estimate 60 to 75 days from NOA2 to VOH.  I think a little longer.  If the interview is around 50 to 60 days and another 10 for VOH, it adds up quickly.  I have seen interviews 45 days from NOA2 but that seems rare.

In my conservative estimation right now, mid November NOA2 means mid January interview.  From there you are pushing another 10 days to VOH and finally travel.  So late January early February POE.

The problem is that the estimates have pushed back far enough that I actually anticipate my June 6 NOA1 to be a December  NOA2.  I am at mid November now but it has dropped steadily and quickly (5 days in the last 4 days).  I anticipate a December NOA2 with February Interview and March VOH.  The wait looks even longer for July and more recent filers...

I am slightly skewed due to the mental stress of this wait and my numbers are conservative but I honestly don't expect my June 6 NOA1 to be much quicker than a December NOA2.  Add holidays and typical slowdowns and I believe POE in March or April  is a serious possibility.  So 10 to 11 months for us and longer for the July and newer filers is feasible.  

CR1 is 12 months with the green card and the ability to work immediately.  The CR1 also has a lower cost.  That makes the CR1 option look good for people filing now. 

Thanks, mate. I understand why you are being conservative however my expectations are a bit tighter compared to yours. 

My biggest concern is the NOA2 date moving further out as has been the trend and as you pointed out. 

One thing I would have explored in more detail is how I could have begun the process overseas, or if I could have. I lived in Cambodia 5 years and mistakenly believed I could come to the USA and have her with me in 2-3 months. I miss her and our son so much, I still am prepared to sacrifice the extra pains even if the result is only 2 months benefit. I will be going for the interview and to spend some time there so that will help!

jDSUBz2.gif

1 minute ago, George & Roth said:

Thanks, mate. I understand why you are being conservative however my expectations are a bit tighter compared to yours. 

My biggest concern is the NOA2 date moving further out as has been the trend and as you pointed out. 

One thing I would have explored in more detail is how I could have begun the process overseas, or if I could have. I lived in Cambodia 5 years and mistakenly believed I could come to the USA and have her with me in 2-3 months. I miss her and our son so much, I still am prepared to sacrifice the extra pains even if the result is only 2 months benefit. I will be going for the interview and to spend some time there so that will help!

I hear you!!!!  I am hoping that it goes quicker but reality doesn't seem to want to agree...  Imagine, it wasn't very long ago when the whole process only took a few months.  We still look at timelines where the NOA was around 30 days from NOA1.  I believe I even saw an entire process that only took 67 days!!!  The times they are a changin'

IMG_5168.jpeg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.