stellamahoo

I-129f June 2017 filers (merged)

6,570 posts in this topic

Just now, Paul & Mallory said:

Don't feel bad - I had initially looked for that option myself before I learned about the Ignore option (I'm doubly stupid then because I hadn't found either one :P ). Good to know now!

We may be stupid but we can still learn new things!

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

44 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

We may be stupid but we can still learn new things!

I am a old dog of 51 but cant still be taught things. Society says you can not teach a old dog new tricks and i beg to differ with that.

3 minutes ago, Murph4865 said:

I am a old dog of 51 but cant still be taught things. Society says you can not teach a old dog new tricks and i beg to differ with that.

I'm 56 so you still have a few more years to learn stuff.

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Just now, John & Rose said:

I'm 56 so you still have a few more years to learn stuff.

Not much...lol

2 hours ago, DandY said:

That will take a minor miracle. They would have to dedicate at least 8 FTE to processing K1 every day without fail. That level of commitment to processing K1s is unprecedented in any processing numbers I can find.

I based the calculations on yesterday's workload they handled. I do understand that may have been a above average day for them, but I hope (an pray) it will be a new norm. @John & Rose did you see the post I wrote? I see you again went with 180, i sincerely hope you are wrong.

Btw, my old man had a saying "there is an a@@hole born every day", so I have to say that our friend Karl filled his spot majestically. :lol::lol::lol:

4 minutes ago, The Squirrel said:

I based the calculations on yesterday's workload they handled. I do understand that may have been a above average day for them, but I hope (an pray) it will be a new norm. @John & Rose did you see the post I wrote? I see you again went with 180, i sincerely hope you are wrong.

Btw, my old man had a saying "there is an a@@hole born every day", so I have to say that our friend Karl filled his spot majestically. :lol::lol::lol:

Indeed. I think Karl was good enough to cover a few days. I feel bad for blocking him. I know I missed some great shared knowledge of the Filipino culture. 

Im hoping for 160 but right now it just doesn’t feel like it. If you read the papers, Homeland is taking steps to slow things down and bypassing Congress. I have no idea what it all means but my gut says it means things will slow down even more. I have accepted the fact that is is going to be next year and we just have to grin and bear it. I still beat myself up for not filing in April!!!

Edited by John & Rose

IMG_5168.jpeg

I'll be home for Christmas...if only in my dreams! 

Well, on the bright side, 2 days till Hola and Amigo day! 

K1                                                                                                       AOS

20 March 2017: We got engaged!!                                             13 June 2018 - Sent AOS/EAD/AP

06 June 2017 - Sent I-129F                                                         15 June 2018 - USCIS signature received.

12 June 2017 - Case was received.                                           20 June 2018 - NOA1 for AOS/EAD/AP

14 June 2017 - NOA1                                                                   22 June 2018 - Cash checked

14 December 2017- NOA2                                                          23 June 2018 - Hardcopy i797 for AOS/EAD/AP

26 January 2018 - NVC Scan Date                                            17 July 2018 - Biometrics appt

29 January 2018 - NVC Number                                                24 July 2018 - Case ready to be scheduled for interview

07 February 2018  -Medical                                                        27 Sept 2018 - Call to request EAD expedite based on pending job offer/financial hardship

20 February 2018 -Interview: APPROVED!                               6 Oct 2018 - Letter in mail stating "Your case is currently under review"

21 February 2018- Visa Issued                                                  16 Nov 2018 - EAD Approved                                                                             

23 February 2018-Visa in hand                                                  24 Nov 2018 - EAD/AP received in mail

20 March 2018 -POE: Los Angeles                                            26 Nov 2018 - SSN mail received 

20 May 2018-Marriage                                                                06 Nov 2018 - Interview Scheduled

16 March 2019 - Interview 

53 minutes ago, MarksMate said:

I'll be home for Christmas...if only in my dreams! 

Well, on the bright side, 2 days till Hola and Amigo day! 

Look again!!!  Hola and amigo were stolen from us by another couple with the wrong date!!!

IMG_5168.jpeg

17 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

Look again!!!  Hola and amigo were stolen from us by another couple with the wrong date!!!

Am I reading it wrong? Which couple?

K1                                                                                                       AOS

20 March 2017: We got engaged!!                                             13 June 2018 - Sent AOS/EAD/AP

06 June 2017 - Sent I-129F                                                         15 June 2018 - USCIS signature received.

12 June 2017 - Case was received.                                           20 June 2018 - NOA1 for AOS/EAD/AP

14 June 2017 - NOA1                                                                   22 June 2018 - Cash checked

14 December 2017- NOA2                                                          23 June 2018 - Hardcopy i797 for AOS/EAD/AP

26 January 2018 - NVC Scan Date                                            17 July 2018 - Biometrics appt

29 January 2018 - NVC Number                                                24 July 2018 - Case ready to be scheduled for interview

07 February 2018  -Medical                                                        27 Sept 2018 - Call to request EAD expedite based on pending job offer/financial hardship

20 February 2018 -Interview: APPROVED!                               6 Oct 2018 - Letter in mail stating "Your case is currently under review"

21 February 2018- Visa Issued                                                  16 Nov 2018 - EAD Approved                                                                             

23 February 2018-Visa in hand                                                  24 Nov 2018 - EAD/AP received in mail

20 March 2018 -POE: Los Angeles                                            26 Nov 2018 - SSN mail received 

20 May 2018-Marriage                                                                06 Nov 2018 - Interview Scheduled

16 March 2019 - Interview 

14 minutes ago, MarksMate said:

Am I reading it wrong? Which couple?

They fixed it. Earlier another couple that got theirs today inadvertently put in 10/17/17!!!  We are back on for hola and amigo!!!!

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
16 hours ago, John & Rose said:

Indeed. I think Karl was good enough to cover a few days. I feel bad for blocking him. I know I missed some great shared knowledge of the Filipino culture. 

Im hoping for 160 but right now it just doesn’t feel like it. If you read the papers, Homeland is taking steps to slow things down and bypassing Congress. I have no idea what it all means but my gut says it means things will slow down even more. I have accepted the fact that is is going to be next year and we just have to grin and bear it. I still beat myself up for not filing in April!!!

Yes it is looking that way...hoping for NOA2 in December as my timeline keeps “slip sliding away”...at least there is a light at the end of this tunnel (I hope!!) 😊

Wow.  I assume we all dropped 5 days in the last 3 days.  I dont know what is going on but it certainly isn't processing visa applications!!!!  Our timeline dropped from early September to mid November since June.  On the bright side, I won't have to buy a lot of winter clothes for people who have never experienced winter!!!  Now looking at March or April...

CR1 is quicker and cheaper!  We need to let all the newbies know about that option.

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
12 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

Wow.  I assume we all dropped 5 days in the last 3 days.  I dont know what is going on but it certainly isn't processing visa applications!!!!  Our timeline dropped from early September to mid November since June.  On the bright side, I won't have to buy a lot of winter clothes for people who have never experienced winter!!!  Now looking at March or April...

CR1 is quicker and cheaper!  We need to let all the newbies know about that option.

My timeline has been heading backwards for the past week or so...maybe I’ll just stop looking at it 🙈 Yes the CR1 might be the better option now since the processing times are starting to be about the same! 

is the CR1 the same as K3? what is the difference?

N-400: 12/05/2023 (confirmed fingerprints are re-used)

Interview scheduled for: 05/09/2024

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.