stellamahoo

I-129f June 2017 filers (merged)

6,570 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Just now, Kween said:

What does it mean when you move up in igors list,we went from 1136 to 1111

Igor's list is just a listing of everyone who has filled out a timeline and not yet had NOA2 (assuming that is the view you are looking at). The are simply ordered by date and it in NO WAY reflects the order USCIS will work them. Your position is quasi-meaningless.

Let's say I am June 5th filer and I'm 900 on Igor's list. Then someone with June 4 NOA1 adds a timeline--I become 901 because someone just added with an earlier date than mine. Let's say I'm 900 and two May filers get approved and update their timeline for NOA2--they fall off the list and I'm now 898.

You will never get to the top of the list because a large portion of people never update their NOA2. It appears that at least 15% and maybe as high as 30% do not update their NOA2 date when they get their NOA2.

This is also just a listing of VJ members with timelines--it is not USCIS data. For K1 filers, we VJ timeline users represent about 8% of the total K1 workload. So, if you want to do some fun swag math, here goes: about the first 450 in the list probably have not updated their NOA2 even though they had it (that takes us to mid April--most before that have been adjudicated). So, you are probably about 660 in the VJ list, give or take. Since we represent 8% of all K1 filers, you can assume that there are about 8000 (660 / 8%) K1 petitions in line in front of you. Depressed yet?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline
1 hour ago, John & Rose said:

...and the timeline drops back 2 more days!!!!  At least we are moving up on Igor's List!

Drops back as in moved forward or backward on the calendar? lol Mine moved forward two days :(

But, I noticed it narrowed... it was saying between November 5 and November 13... then it changed to between November 8 and November 13... and today it says between November 10 and November 13. I'm going to go ahead and claim it that this is a positive thing. :) 

Håll ut, y'all.

K1 Process                                                                                AOS Process

July 2015 - met online thanks to Zak Bagans                                                            May 25, 2018 - South Carolina marriage license issued

June 2016 - first in-person meeting                                                                             May 26, 2018 - legally married

August 2016 - stateside visit                                                                                        June 7, 2018 - applied for Social Security Number [manual verification required]

February-April 2017 - stateside visit                                                                           June 18, 2018 - SSN/card received in the mail

April 4, 2017 - got engaged                                                                                          June 30, 2018 - submitted I-485 (AOS)/I-765 (EAD)/I-131 (AP) together

June 5, 2017 - submitted I129F                                                                                   July 9, 2018 - AOS/EAD/AP electronic NOA1 received

June 12, 2017 - received NOA1                                                                                   July 13, 2018 - AOS/EAD/AP hard copy NOA1 received (dated July 6, 2018)

December 1, 2017 - received NOA2                                                                            July 25, 2018 - Biometrics appointment (Charlotte, NC)

January 17, 2018 - NVC received case                                                                      August 1, 2018 - case status updated to "Ready to be Scheduled for Interview"

January 18, 2018 - received NVC case number by phone                                      August 11, 2018 - case status updated to "I-485 Interview Scheduled"

January 24, 2018 - packet received via email                                                           August 16, 2018 - AOS Interview Scheduled letter received

February 15, 2018 - medical appointment                                                                 August 28, 2018 - visited civil surgeon (Winston-Salem, NC) to complete I-693

February-March 2018 - trip to Gothenburg                                                                                                [beneficiary had to get one remaining vaccination stateside]

February 22, 2018 - interview at the US Embassy in Stockholm                            September 18, 2018 - I-485/AOS Interview in Greer, SC

[passed, pending receipt of medical papers]                           September 18, 2018 - case status updated to "Card Has Been Issued/Mailed"

February 27, 2018 - medical papers received by Embassy                                     September 25, 2018 - Green Card received in the mail

March 5, 2018 - visa received in the mail with passport                                          October 6, 2018 - traditional wedding with family & friends

May 16, 2018 - POE in Charlotte, NC

Up next.... Removal of Conditions!

4 minutes ago, Paul & Mallory said:

Drops back as in moved forward or backward on the calendar? lol Mine moved forward two days :(

But, I noticed it narrowed... it was saying between November 5 and November 13... then it changed to between November 8 and November 13... and today it says between November 10 and November 13. I'm going to go ahead and claim it that this is a positive thing. :) 

Go for it. Mine went from between November 1 and 5 and now it is between November 3 and 7. You win!

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Whooo, lots of May movement today! A US/NL couple with received date May 2nd just got their approval. I'm cheering! :jest:

K1                                                                                            AoS                                                                                                                                 N-400

I-129F Received: 05-June-2017                                        AoS, EAD & AP Filed: 15-June-2018                                                                         N-400 Filed: 29-Sept-2020

NOA2: 09-January-2018                                                      NOA1 on all three: 27-June-2018                                                                             NOA1: 28-Sept-2020

NVC Received/Case #: 24-January-2018                         Biometrics: 20-July-2018                                                                                           Interview Date: 16-Feb-2021

Consulate Received: 02-February-2018                           Case Ready For Interview: 24-July-2018                                                                 Oath Ceremony: 18-Feb-2021

Interview: 13-March-2018                                                   EAD & AP Approvals: 18-October-2018                                                                   Expedited under section 319(b) - overseas military orders

VOH: 17-March-2018                                                           Interview Scheduled: 8-April-2019 / Rescheduled on 17-April-2019                  Biometrics re-used from AOS application. Skipped ROC

POE (LAX): 11-April-2018                                                    Interview Date: 28-April-2019 - APPROVED!

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Hadassah123 said:

Whooo, lots of May movement today! A US/NL couple with received date May 2nd just got their approval. I'm cheering! :jest:

I'm not cheering, it is actually depressing me. They have been working primarily May 1st and 2nd for over 2 weeks. That means our timelines will  easily topping 160 days. For us to be on a 150 day timeline, they need to be processing a mess of May 11 right now, but they are not even close. Still many April's staggering in over 160 days. Our chances at 150 days are a bust now. The next target is to hope we don't get bumped to over 165 days. But at the rate they are going, it could easily get over 170 days before they get to early June.

OK, I'll go try to rid myself of the feelings of hopelessness in the face of reality.

Edited by DandY

Timeline
3 minutes ago, DandY said:

I'm not cheering, it is actually depressing me. They have been working primarily May 1st and 2nd for over 2 weeks. That means our timelines will  easily topping 160 days. For us to be on a 150 day timeline, they need to be processing a mess of May 11 right now, but they are not even close. Still many April's staggering in over 160 days. Our chances at 150 days are a bust now. The next target is to hope we don't get bumped to over 165 days. But at the rate they are going, it could easily get over 170 days before they get to early June.

OK, I'll go try to rid myself of the feelings of hopelessness in the face of reality.

I know, I know. But the amount of approvals today make up for their non-working day yesterday in my opinion. I'm already anticipating at least 160 days. It is what it is. Felt like they were slowing down for so long. Hope to see they keep this up at least. I had been feeling it in the past week with seeing so little movement. Today is a good day, so I'll cheer for whatever there is :)

*Hugs (L)

K1                                                                                            AoS                                                                                                                                 N-400

I-129F Received: 05-June-2017                                        AoS, EAD & AP Filed: 15-June-2018                                                                         N-400 Filed: 29-Sept-2020

NOA2: 09-January-2018                                                      NOA1 on all three: 27-June-2018                                                                             NOA1: 28-Sept-2020

NVC Received/Case #: 24-January-2018                         Biometrics: 20-July-2018                                                                                           Interview Date: 16-Feb-2021

Consulate Received: 02-February-2018                           Case Ready For Interview: 24-July-2018                                                                 Oath Ceremony: 18-Feb-2021

Interview: 13-March-2018                                                   EAD & AP Approvals: 18-October-2018                                                                   Expedited under section 319(b) - overseas military orders

VOH: 17-March-2018                                                           Interview Scheduled: 8-April-2019 / Rescheduled on 17-April-2019                  Biometrics re-used from AOS application. Skipped ROC

POE (LAX): 11-April-2018                                                    Interview Date: 28-April-2019 - APPROVED!

Wow! Our timeline moved from estimated November 19th to 22nd to between November 10th to 13th! That's a huge jump!??! Scared to get excited though. It would take us up to 151 days! 

K1                                                                                                       AOS

20 March 2017: We got engaged!!                                             13 June 2018 - Sent AOS/EAD/AP

06 June 2017 - Sent I-129F                                                         15 June 2018 - USCIS signature received.

12 June 2017 - Case was received.                                           20 June 2018 - NOA1 for AOS/EAD/AP

14 June 2017 - NOA1                                                                   22 June 2018 - Cash checked

14 December 2017- NOA2                                                          23 June 2018 - Hardcopy i797 for AOS/EAD/AP

26 January 2018 - NVC Scan Date                                            17 July 2018 - Biometrics appt

29 January 2018 - NVC Number                                                24 July 2018 - Case ready to be scheduled for interview

07 February 2018  -Medical                                                        27 Sept 2018 - Call to request EAD expedite based on pending job offer/financial hardship

20 February 2018 -Interview: APPROVED!                               6 Oct 2018 - Letter in mail stating "Your case is currently under review"

21 February 2018- Visa Issued                                                  16 Nov 2018 - EAD Approved                                                                             

23 February 2018-Visa in hand                                                  24 Nov 2018 - EAD/AP received in mail

20 March 2018 -POE: Los Angeles                                            26 Nov 2018 - SSN mail received 

20 May 2018-Marriage                                                                06 Nov 2018 - Interview Scheduled

16 March 2019 - Interview 

Timeline
4 minutes ago, MarksMate said:

Wow! Our timeline moved from estimated November 19th to 22nd to between November 10th to 13th! That's a huge jump!??! Scared to get excited though. It would take us up to 151 days! 

I don't see how 151 days is possible. To be at 151 days they need to be working them at a rate much higher than they are. 

Timeline
9 minutes ago, MarksMate said:

Oh! Mine moved forward one day since the weekend, not back. 

There are already at least 135 approvals for today (see May thread), so I'm hoping to see more today and from here on! 

Timeline
41 minutes ago, Hadassah123 said:

Oh! Mine moved forward one day since the weekend, not back. 

There are already at least 135 approvals for today (see May thread), so I'm hoping to see more today and from here on! 

I'm not trying to be debbie downer here, just a realist.

For reference, USCIS receives approximately 185 I-129Fs PER DAY. So to maintain a steady backlog, they need to work them at the rate of approximately 925 per week. If they work at 925 per week, the backlog and processing time is constant (now at about 151 days average). 

Another perspective, there are approximately 4500 May filers. Of that, 260 are processed. 260. That is about 6% of May filers. The math does not work for our VJ projections to be correct--they are way too optimistic. 

In the last two weeks, they have adjudicated less than 700 K1s (IIRC) which is considerably shy of the 1800 we need them to have approved for us to have a 152 day average wait. 

OK, after running the numbers, at this point, I can't see how we are not going to average 165-170 and it could get worse.

Edited by DandY

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, DandY said:

I'm not trying to be debbie downer here, just a realist.

For reference, USCIS receives approximately 185 I-129Fs PER DAY. So to maintain a steady backlog, they need to work them at the rate of approximately 925 per week. If they work at 925 per week, the backlog and processing time is constant (now at about 151 days average). 

Another perspective, there are approximately 4500 May filers. Of that, 260 are processed. 260. That is about 6% of May filers. The math does not work for our VJ projections to be correct--they are way too optimistic. 

In the last two weeks, they have adjudicated less than 700 K1s (IIRC) which is considerably shy of the 1800 we need them to have approved for us to have a 152 day average wait. 

OK, after running the numbers, at this point, I can't see how we are not going to average 165-170 and it could get worse.

Agreed...not looking good for us June filers...start preparing the wait 180 days? 😩

4 minutes ago, KBA said:

Agreed...not looking good for us June filers...start preparing the wait 180 days? 😩

Indeed. I have been expecting 180+ but hoping for 150. I honestly believe it will be right in between those two numbers. 

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
6 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

Indeed. I have been expecting 180+ but hoping for 150. I honestly believe it will be right in between those two numbers. 

This breaks my heart 😭. Trying to stay as positive as possible at this point. 

05.31.17--Mailed I-129 F

06.06.17--NOA

09.22.17--CFO Seminar
12.23.17--NOA 2

01.24.18--NVC Received/Case Number Assigned

01.29.18-01.30.18--Medical--PASSED!

01.30.18--NVC "in transit"

01.31.18--Cased received by USEM

02.05.18--Interview--PASSED!

02.09.18--VOH

02.27.18--POE

03.07.18--SSN 

04.14.18--Wedding day ❤️

05.09.18--Mailed AoS Packet 

05.14.18--AoS Packet Received 

06.07.18--Biometrics

10.04.18--EAD/AP Received

12.21.18--AoS Interview (APPROVED)

12.31.18--Green Card in Hand ❤️ 

"Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change." James 1:17 ESV

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.