stellamahoo

I-129f June 2017 filers (merged)

6,570 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, useful89 said:

What does November 8th have to do with it?

The change in administrations where immigration plays a larger role.

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline
2 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

The change in administrations where immigration plays a larger role.

I mean, I don't want to get into a political debate on here, but wasn't there a super long wait like 4 years ago or something? That was during a different administration. I don't know but it seems like blaming it on a president is a bit absurd.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
17 minutes ago, useful89 said:

I mean, I don't want to get into a political debate on here, but wasn't there a super long wait like 4 years ago or something? That was during a different administration. I don't know but it seems like blaming it on a president is a bit absurd.

Yes, the wait that was so long 4 years ago because of DACA. So, you are correct, long waits for K1 back then were also caused back then by the then current administration. My point is, it is predictable (or should be) based upon political rhetoric and priorities.

Timeline
6 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

No.  This is approaching the historically longest process right now.  The current administration did the reprioritizing in May that put all of the foreign workers visas ahead of any family visas.  That slowed us from around 3 months to around the 6 months we have now.  It isn't about a political debate and no one was "blaming" President Trump.  His administration prioritized work over family visas.  Right or wrong, it is what it is.  There is no blame.  Just reality.  We knew it was coming.  Family based visas were put on the back burner.  

There is no blame and I don't think the original post was talking about blame.  It is simply just reality.  We do not do political discussions here but we are open and honest.  Our situation is our situation and it doesn't matter if we like the present administration or not.  We all knew that immigration was a big part of the current administration's agenda, right or wrong.  We also knew that immigration would bar slowed down under the current administration.  Right or wrong doesn't really matter as those decisions are made way above our pay grade.

Yours is the first post I've seen in the K-1 forums that I even considered political.  We have enough stress just waiting on our visas that we dont need additional political rhetoric added.

It is no surprise that immigration has slowed down but we are all dumb enough to have fallen in love with a partner from another country.  We have no choice but to grin and bear it and wait.  We are at 8 to 10 months for the entire process and a year isn't out of the question.  At some point the CR visas will be quicker and cheaper.  That is not political, it is just where we all are right now.

You consider mine political, despite saying I don't want a political discussion, but not the person who first referenced a change of administration? Interesting.

5 minutes ago, DandY said:

Yes, the wait that was so long 4 years ago because of DACA. So, you are correct, long waits for K1 back then were also caused back then by the then current administration. My point is, it is predictable (or should be) based upon political rhetoric and priorities.

Yeah, that's what I thought. Not sure why the other poster thought he needed to lecture me. Anyway, back to visa discussion I hope

Just now, useful89 said:

You consider mine political, despite saying I don't want a political discussion, but not the person who first referenced a change of administration? Interesting.

The change in administration is just a fact.  I didn't feel "blame" from that post.  You mentioned blame.  I felt the original post was just stating a fact that we should have expected a change in immigration times.  Again, WAY above our pay grade. 

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Timeline
1 minute ago, John & Rose said:

The change in administration is just a fact.  I didn't feel "blame" from that post.  You mentioned blame.  I felt the original post was just stating a fact that we should have expected a change in immigration times.  Again, WAY above our pay grade. 

Fair enough.

Anyway, we are allies in the k1 trench warfare so I don't want a political discussion, and I know you don't either lol.

Just now, useful89 said:

Fair enough.

Anyway, we are allies in the k1 trench warfare so I don't want a political discussion, and I know you don't either lol.

Amen, my friend.  We are all in this together!!!  

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Myanmar
Timeline
4 hours ago, Chicagoseal said:

I want all you May and June filers to get approved ASAP, so that I, a July filer, can get a visa for my fiancée ASAP!!

Call USCIS... heheheh

K1 FIANCE VISA
Met Thru Christian Dating Site - January 29, 2017
Engagement Ceremony - April 12, 2017
Packet sent - May 30, 2017
NOA 1 - June 2, 2017 (Hard Copy - June 6, 2017)
NOA 2 - November 29, 2017

NVC - January 12, 2018 (received); January 19, 2018 (in transit); January 23, 2018 (ready)

MEDICAL - February 9, 2018 (conducted exam); February 12, 2018 (approved)

INTERVIEW - February 26, 2018 (approved)

VISA ON HAND - March 7, 2018

CFO - March 22, 2018

POE -  April 17, 2018

SSN - April 27, 2018

WEDDING - May 28, 2018

ADJUSTMENT STATUS

Packet sent - June 24, 2018

NOA1 - July 2, 2018

Biometric - July 26, 2018

EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION

NOA1 - July 2, 2018

Approved - October 12, 2018

TRAVEL DOCUMENT

NOA1 - July 2, 2018

STATE ID - July 11, 2018

DRIVERS LICENSE - December 28, 2018

Timeline

Guys, chill and relax! 😉

K1 FIANCE VISA

NVC - January 12, 2018 (received); January 19, 2018 (in transit); January 23, 2018 (ready)

CFO - March 22, 2018

POE -  April 17, 2018

SSN - April 27, 2018

WEDDING - May 28, 2018

ADJUSTMENT STATUS

NOA1 - July 2, 2018

EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION

NOA1 - July 2, 2018

TRAVEL DOCUMENT

NOA1 - July 2, 2018

STATE ID - July 11, 2018

Timeline
16 hours ago, Salty2305 said:

Sounds like he has a lot more patience than the rest of us then :) 

No pressure at all, it's just good to encourage everyone where we can so that we can all help future applicants. My fiancé hates social media so I get it completely that not everyone likes to share everything. 

Yup, he has the patience while I started to lose hope.. hehehe

Thank you for the encouragement. My fiance now allowed me to update my VJ timeline. I can check our case status in behalf of him. 😉 At least my paranoia will be lessen now.. hahaha

K1 FIANCE VISA

CFO - March 22, 2018

POE -  April 17, 2018

SSN - April 27, 2018

WEDDING - May 28, 2018

ADJUSTMENT STATUS

NOA1 - July 2, 2018

EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION

NOA1 - July 2, 2018

TRAVEL DOCUMENT

NOA1 - July 2, 2018

STATE ID - July 11, 2018

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline
16 hours ago, Allthephils said:

I started the process when I did because my family found out my brother was deploying to the Middle East. My hope was to have everything squared away as soon as possible. My fiance and I were going to wait until we were officially engaged to start the process. If we would have done that, we wouldn't have filed until the end of August. I am so happy we submitted when we did. We are going to wait on my brother to return from his deployment (3 month deployment) to get married. However, I am graduating with my masters degree in December and realllyyyyyyyyy wanted my fiance here for that. I HIGHLY doubt he will be here before then or even before Christmas. It's pretty disappointing to know that the process has slowed down so much in the last 5 months. 

Okay, I'm done ranting... 

We made that very mistake, unfortunately. :( He technically proposed to me August 2016, but I wanted to wait until it was official (he wanted to talk to my dad first, we're very traditional, and notify our families), which didn't happen until his next visit, which ended in April. We'd also been under the impression that he could not be over here in the states at all during the process, and also didn't realize how long it would take for them to even glance at the petition at all, so we waited until after he went back to Sweden in April to start. And of course, April was when they last changed the entire form, and because we were afraid of messing up, we had to start all over again and didn't get it mailed until beginning of June. We now are kicking ourselves tremendously that we hadn't gone ahead and sent everything off in the beginning, which would have been probably by the end of last year. We'd be much further along now if we had. :( 

But of course, we could go over every move and detail and agonize over what we could've done differently. I'm really grateful that we still got started when we did, because it seems like the trend is continuing, meaning people who filed each month after us may have a longer wait than we do currently. There's always a bright side. :P But it's still frustrating. We've never been together during the holidays and really wanted to be this year. My sister's also having a baby in December, and we at one time thought he'd be back in time for the baby to be born, and be a part of that. I feel like no matter what the time frame, there will always be life events or plans that we'll be missing and wishing he was here for. I don't think any of us will actually be satisfied until it's over!

Håll ut, y'all.

K1 Process                                                                                AOS Process

July 2015 - met online thanks to Zak Bagans                                                            May 25, 2018 - South Carolina marriage license issued

June 2016 - first in-person meeting                                                                             May 26, 2018 - legally married

August 2016 - stateside visit                                                                                        June 7, 2018 - applied for Social Security Number [manual verification required]

February-April 2017 - stateside visit                                                                           June 18, 2018 - SSN/card received in the mail

April 4, 2017 - got engaged                                                                                          June 30, 2018 - submitted I-485 (AOS)/I-765 (EAD)/I-131 (AP) together

June 5, 2017 - submitted I129F                                                                                   July 9, 2018 - AOS/EAD/AP electronic NOA1 received

June 12, 2017 - received NOA1                                                                                   July 13, 2018 - AOS/EAD/AP hard copy NOA1 received (dated July 6, 2018)

December 1, 2017 - received NOA2                                                                            July 25, 2018 - Biometrics appointment (Charlotte, NC)

January 17, 2018 - NVC received case                                                                      August 1, 2018 - case status updated to "Ready to be Scheduled for Interview"

January 18, 2018 - received NVC case number by phone                                      August 11, 2018 - case status updated to "I-485 Interview Scheduled"

January 24, 2018 - packet received via email                                                           August 16, 2018 - AOS Interview Scheduled letter received

February 15, 2018 - medical appointment                                                                 August 28, 2018 - visited civil surgeon (Winston-Salem, NC) to complete I-693

February-March 2018 - trip to Gothenburg                                                                                                [beneficiary had to get one remaining vaccination stateside]

February 22, 2018 - interview at the US Embassy in Stockholm                            September 18, 2018 - I-485/AOS Interview in Greer, SC

[passed, pending receipt of medical papers]                           September 18, 2018 - case status updated to "Card Has Been Issued/Mailed"

February 27, 2018 - medical papers received by Embassy                                     September 25, 2018 - Green Card received in the mail

March 5, 2018 - visa received in the mail with passport                                          October 6, 2018 - traditional wedding with family & friends

May 16, 2018 - POE in Charlotte, NC

Up next.... Removal of Conditions!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline
13 hours ago, DandY said:

I still find sites with great K1 information that were put up in 2014 and 2015 that say things like "You'll have your NOA2 in 60-75 days, here is what comes next..." It is hard not to be frustrated. Frankly, the writing was on the wall on November 8th, 2016. Guess none of us really thought it through and relied on historical data--at least that is true for me.

I can say the same for us, also. I hate to admit my own naivety, but that's definitely the case here. We just were not well versed on this topic or process beforehand, which only adds to my frustration. I feel like I should have done more research and been more prepared. But when it's something brand new that you've never done before, and don't really know anyone that you can talk to (I didn't even discover this site until we were a few months in), it's hard to know HOW to prepare yourself. It's a learn as you go sort of thing. I wouldn't mind if it was a learn as you go, while going QUICKLY, sort of thing. :)

Håll ut, y'all.

K1 Process                                                                                AOS Process

July 2015 - met online thanks to Zak Bagans                                                            May 25, 2018 - South Carolina marriage license issued

June 2016 - first in-person meeting                                                                             May 26, 2018 - legally married

August 2016 - stateside visit                                                                                        June 7, 2018 - applied for Social Security Number [manual verification required]

February-April 2017 - stateside visit                                                                           June 18, 2018 - SSN/card received in the mail

April 4, 2017 - got engaged                                                                                          June 30, 2018 - submitted I-485 (AOS)/I-765 (EAD)/I-131 (AP) together

June 5, 2017 - submitted I129F                                                                                   July 9, 2018 - AOS/EAD/AP electronic NOA1 received

June 12, 2017 - received NOA1                                                                                   July 13, 2018 - AOS/EAD/AP hard copy NOA1 received (dated July 6, 2018)

December 1, 2017 - received NOA2                                                                            July 25, 2018 - Biometrics appointment (Charlotte, NC)

January 17, 2018 - NVC received case                                                                      August 1, 2018 - case status updated to "Ready to be Scheduled for Interview"

January 18, 2018 - received NVC case number by phone                                      August 11, 2018 - case status updated to "I-485 Interview Scheduled"

January 24, 2018 - packet received via email                                                           August 16, 2018 - AOS Interview Scheduled letter received

February 15, 2018 - medical appointment                                                                 August 28, 2018 - visited civil surgeon (Winston-Salem, NC) to complete I-693

February-March 2018 - trip to Gothenburg                                                                                                [beneficiary had to get one remaining vaccination stateside]

February 22, 2018 - interview at the US Embassy in Stockholm                            September 18, 2018 - I-485/AOS Interview in Greer, SC

[passed, pending receipt of medical papers]                           September 18, 2018 - case status updated to "Card Has Been Issued/Mailed"

February 27, 2018 - medical papers received by Embassy                                     September 25, 2018 - Green Card received in the mail

March 5, 2018 - visa received in the mail with passport                                          October 6, 2018 - traditional wedding with family & friends

May 16, 2018 - POE in Charlotte, NC

Up next.... Removal of Conditions!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
15 hours ago, useful89 said:

but not the person who first referenced a change of administration? Interesting.

If you are inquiring as to my intent, I was not attempting to start a political discussion. John's analysis is correct. The intent of my comment was to point out our lack of thoughtfulness. We were all surprised by the long immigration waits this year. My point was that we should not have been. We should have been prepared. As John said, whether right or wrong, immigration played into the victorious party's platform and very heavily into their candidate's messaging. Therefore, it should have been a no-brainer that immigration would be impacted, but we didn't "think it through". When timelines got really long, we were all like "what is going on?". 

So, to re-iterate, there was substantial data available for us to expect an impact of some kind (most likely resulting in longer timelines)--but we did not. We were surprised by what I would argue was the inevitable, so bad on us for unrealistic expectations. As is often said, elections have consequences--some good, some bad, and some good and bad for specific groups of people. But they always have consequences. We should have been able to predict this consequence. 

That was my point.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.