stellamahoo

I-129f June 2017 filers (merged)

6,570 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline
1 hour ago, toothpicks said:

For those who requested an expedite, may I ask how you did it?

I called USCIS today, looking to get answers or anything really, as to what may occur under the travel ban. I was told she couldn't escalate my call to Tier 2 due to the high level of demand, but took my info down and told me expect a response from them in three days. Then, we discussed an expedite and she asked me if I thought my case fit into any of the criteria. I was a bit overwhelmed and just answered with emergency situation, because the new travel ban would be indefinite and I would not know when I would ever be able to be with my fiancé. I broke down a bit... and then next thing I know she told me that she sent it in? She said I would hear a response in approximately ten days. 

Is that all it takes to submit an expedite request? I assumed you'd have to submit evidence, but the Tier 1 officer just told me that she had already submitted a request and I'd hear back soon. It all happened pretty quickly and I'm not entirely sure what exactly I did.

I hope it goes well..keep ud updated

I'm praying for us all 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

That is the first step. To request to expedite. Anyone can request an expedite. It is up to the officer who reviews it to decide if they want further information or if they want to approve it. You will hear in about 10 days.

good luck!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
5 hours ago, Allthephils said:

I have all of that together (aside from the NOA 2 and NVC, of course) and shared with my other half via Google Drive. The pay stubs and employment letter are included in the I-134 packet I sent to Mark (my fiance).  

Hi,

How is google drive better than regular e-mail.

Is it basically just something for the cloud?

What are the advantages of it for this process.

Thanks

Timeline
6 hours ago, Allthephils said:

Is there anything else my fiance and I can do while we are waiting on NOA2? 

I believe we have all the forms/docs needed: 

• NBI Clearance
  • CENOMAR  (for both of us..my 1040A from tax return)
  • Birth certificates
  • Passports
  • CFO Seminar completed (Philippines specific)
  • I've sent him the I-134 Affidavit of Support with all supporting docs..literally every document possible. 
    • ****IF YOU SEND ANYTHING TO THE PHILS VIA UPS, BE READY TO PAY AN ARM AND A LEG!!!!!!!!! I paid $112 to send 2 lbs worth of paperwork. 
  • Updated evidence ongoing relationship (update chats, video calls, ticket stubs, passport stamps, and pics from most recent trip)

I need something to do while anxiously waiting for the NOA2!! Type A personality :unsure:.

DS-160 done?

Timeline
2 hours ago, RjBazan said:

Hello I’m new here.. Got the notice that the Uscis recieved my case on June 22... Still waiting... Like many of y’all the enxiety is real lol... I want to plan the wedding already and book the tickets... But can’t... By the looks of it we will have to wait till December... We’re on October and they are still working on March applicants... 

That is true the are still working on March however they are already approving April and May cases and even some June/July for expedite.

Steven

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Myanmar
Timeline
10 minutes ago, LabOz said:

DS-160 done?

Requirements for Interview:

1. DS-160

2. Passport (and photocopy)

3. 2" x 2" Photographs with white background

4. Birth Certificates (and photocopy)

5. CENOMAR (and photocopy)

7. Police Clearances and NBI (and photocopies)

8. Divorce decree (if applicable)

9. CFO

10. Evidence of Support - I-134, W2 and 1040, bank balance, current employement letter (and photocopies)

11. Chat logs and pictures / scrapbook, tickets and etc.

12. Medical (soon after receiving MNL Case Number)

13 Payment (or receipt)

14. In my case, the Embassy Rangoon (at Myanmar) requires us to bring some:

a. school records. So it is better to include TOR.

b. fill up so called Supplemental Immigrant Visa Application Form

Requirements for Medical :

1. Passport (and photocopies)

2. Appointment letter confirmation from US Embassy (interview schedule) (and photocopies)

3. Appointment letter confirmation from St. Luke (and photocopies)

4. 2" x 2" Photographs

5. Payment

6. Form DS-135 (for immunization)

K1 FIANCE VISA
Met Thru Christian Dating Site - January 29, 2017
Engagement Ceremony - April 12, 2017
Packet sent - May 30, 2017
NOA 1 - June 2, 2017 (Hard Copy - June 6, 2017)
NOA 2 - November 29, 2017

NVC - January 12, 2018 (received); January 19, 2018 (in transit); January 23, 2018 (ready)

MEDICAL - February 9, 2018 (conducted exam); February 12, 2018 (approved)

INTERVIEW - February 26, 2018 (approved)

VISA ON HAND - March 7, 2018

CFO - March 22, 2018

POE -  April 17, 2018

SSN - April 27, 2018

WEDDING - May 28, 2018

ADJUSTMENT STATUS

Packet sent - June 24, 2018

NOA1 - July 2, 2018

Biometric - July 26, 2018

EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION

NOA1 - July 2, 2018

Approved - October 12, 2018

TRAVEL DOCUMENT

NOA1 - July 2, 2018

Approved - October 12, 2018

STATE ID - July 11, 2018

DRIVERS LICENSE - December 28, 2018

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
3 hours ago, LabOz said:

DS-160 done?

I didn’t think that could be completed until you get the MNL number from NVC??? 

05.31.17--Mailed I-129 F

06.06.17--NOA

09.22.17--CFO Seminar
12.23.17--NOA 2

01.24.18--NVC Received/Case Number Assigned

01.29.18-01.30.18--Medical--PASSED!

01.30.18--NVC "in transit"

01.31.18--Cased received by USEM

02.05.18--Interview--PASSED!

02.09.18--VOH

02.27.18--POE

03.07.18--SSN 

04.14.18--Wedding day ❤️

05.09.18--Mailed AoS Packet 

05.14.18--AoS Packet Received 

06.07.18--Biometrics

10.04.18--EAD/AP Received

12.21.18--AoS Interview (APPROVED)

12.31.18--Green Card in Hand ❤️ 

"Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change." James 1:17 ESV

Timeline
3 hours ago, LabOz said:

Hi,

How is google drive better than regular e-mail.

Is it basically just something for the cloud?

What are the advantages of it for this process.

Thanks

I used Google Drive since we both have gmail accounts. We have a shared folder with all the documents we have put together so far. Email works great, too, but I like the idea of having all the documents in the same space instead of searching through my emails. 

05.31.17--Mailed I-129 F

06.06.17--NOA

09.22.17--CFO Seminar
12.23.17--NOA 2

02.09.18--VOH

02.27.18--POE

03.07.18--SSN 

04.14.18--Wedding day ❤️

06.07.18--Biometrics

"Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change." James 1:17 ESV

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
15 hours ago, GarryAndMarie said:

Counting down to NOA2... ALSO counting down to what my fiancee and I call "Hola and Amigo Day" -- October 14, when Hola and Amigo are no longer the Number 1 entry at the top of Igor's List :D

you are doing this too!!!!!!!!!!! BAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Timeline

☹️ The stress of this process has gotten the best of me today while browsing through April/May forums.

my fiancé is out of the military and has been housed with them since he joined at 16.

he is estranged  from his family and doesn't have anywhere to live and I certainly can't afford two households.

I put in for an expedite request last month but it was denied.

Only 3 1/2 months left, and with the holidays coming up, I'm having doubts that our visa will be approved before he is discharged. 

Thanks for listening❤️

Edited by AZSunshine78
Spelling

Timeline
6 hours ago, Allthephils said:

I didn’t think that could be completed until you get the MNL number from NVC??? 

As long as you have your WAC# you can do it. 

He will need a copy of the confirmation page with bar code and photo to take to interview.

42 minutes ago, AZSunshine78 said:

☹️ The stress of this process has gotten the best of me today while browsing through April/May forums.

my fiancé is out of the military and has been housed with them since he joined at 16.

he is estranged  from his family and doesn't have anywhere to live and I certainly can't afford two households.

I put in for an expedite request last month but it was denied.

Only 3 1/2 months left, and with the holidays coming up, I'm having doubts that our visa will be approved before he is discharged. 

Thanks for listening❤️

My prayers are with you. If it means delaying my NOA2 for a while, I would gladly allow you to the head of the line. 

Please try try again with his Congressman.  To me that is an ideal reason to expedite. 

Is there a UK equivalent that can try to get the USCIS to respond?  We are still friends with the UK!!!

Edited by John & Rose

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Timeline
9 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

My prayers are with you. If it means delaying my NOA2 for a while, I would gladly allow you to the head of the line. 

Please try try again with his Congressman.  To me that is an ideal reason to expedite. 

I sincerely appreciate the sentiment and the prayers so much.

We all deserve to get through. Our time will come. I wish you guys the very best to get through this as well!

Day 126 and stressed out! :mellow:

5/27/2017: I-129F sent to USCIS

5/30/2017: Received by USCIS

6/8/2017: Received our NOA1 hard copy via mail; NOA1 Hard Copy Receipt Date: 5/30/2017

11/29/2017: NOA2 Notification via USCS App 
12/04/2017: NOA2 Hard Copy Received 
01/11/2018: NVC Received I-129F 
01/12/2018: Case Number Received

01/19/2018: NVC Left
01/19/2018: Embassy Received. 
01/22/2018: Received NVC letter hard copy from NVC
02/05/2018: Medical
02/21/2018: Interview and approved!

03/06/2018: Visa in Hand
xx/xx/2018: POE at Fort Lauderdale Airport

xx/xx/2018: Married to my Love!          

NOA2 to NVC time tracker - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1k57PdywNRpUqytomJxMzz6_7DsMqpi52DgnaYt9FyC8/edit?usp=sharing

Timeline
43 minutes ago, LabOz said:

As long as you have your WAC# you can do it. 

He will need a copy of the confirmation page with bar code and photo to take to interview.

That will give us something to work on in the meantime!! Thanks!! 

05.31.17--Mailed I-129 F

06.06.17--NOA

09.22.17--CFO Seminar
12.23.17--NOA 2

02.09.18--VOH

02.27.18--POE

03.07.18--SSN 

04.14.18--Wedding day ❤️

06.07.18--Biometrics

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.