stellamahoo

I-129f June 2017 filers (merged)

6,570 posts in this topic

Guys, I don't think they're processing the applications in order. I just saw a Visa Journey member who has a June 1 NOA1 and received the NOA2 yesterday October 1.

1 hour ago, MinalN said:

is this NBI thing only for the Philippines or is it also for United Arab Emirates?

Hi, NBI is required for all Philippine beneficiaries. If the beneficiary is in the Middle East, she has to go to the Philippine Embassy to apply for NBI clearance.

I am living here in Kuwait and it took me a month to get the NBI clearance. I had to go to the Philippine Embassy, get a finger print card and a Special Power of Attorney affidavit (for a relative to receive the fingerprint card in the Philippines and apply the NBI clearance in my stead) after that I went to the Kuwait police station for my fingerprints. I mailed both my Special Power of Attorney affidavit and fingerprint card to the Philippines and had a relative send me the Green NBI clearance. 

http://www.ofwguide.com/article_item-2608/How-OFWs-can-get-NBI-clearance-abroad.html

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
3 hours ago, msscarlette said:

Capture.JPG

Could be an expedited case. We had some approved at the beginning of July I think and they were an April filer. It's usually just an anomaly, as difficult as it is, I would try not to get your hopes up that you will see any more June approvals just yet.

K1 & K2 Visa 

18th April 2017: I-129f sent

21st April 2017: NOA1 Received Date

25th April 2017: NOA1 Notice Date

26th April 2017: NOA1 text confirmation

2nd May 2017: NOA1 hardcopy

7th September 2017: NOA2 Approval date

21st September 2017: NVC Received
21st September 2017: NVC Case # Received

27th September 2017: Left NVC
27th September 2017: Case Ready

4th October 2017: Medical

12th October 2017: Interview

24th October 2017: Visas in Hand

27th October 2017: POE

16th December 2017: Wedding Day

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
12 minutes ago, Salty2305 said:

Could be an expedited case. We had some approved at the beginning of July I think and they were an April filer. It's usually just an anomaly, as difficult as it is, I would try not to get your hopes up that you will see any more June approvals just yet.

Stinks that even if it was expedited it still took 122 days! 😳

Timeline
19 minutes ago, KBA said:

Stinks that even if it was expedited it still took 122 days! 😳

That's just a wild guess! Could just be one very lucky file that made its way to the top of the pile somehow :)

K1 & K2 Visa 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Salty2305 said:

That's just a wild guess! Could just be one very lucky file that made its way to the top of the pile somehow :)

I was thinking the same way you are...that it has to be expedited! Of course April and May approvals haven’t been completely in order either! 🤷🏼‍♀️

Timeline
1 minute ago, KBA said:

I was thinking the same way you are...that it has to be expedited! Of course April and May approvals haven’t been completely in order either! 🤷🏼‍♀️

It's difficult with all of the waiting. When we started this process, we took the VJ estimate as gospel and didn't really take the 5 month thing seriously. Well 4.5 months later, were approved and I'm pretty sure it was because of a congressional inquiry.

Point is try to prepare yourself for 5 months, any sooner is going to be a lovely surprise! You also have the added bonus of the case tracker working for you guys :)

K1 & K2 Visa 

7 hours ago, MinalN said:

is this NBI thing only for the Philippines or is it also for United Arab Emirates?

That is the Philippines National Police (National Bureau of Investigation).

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
9 hours ago, msscarlette said:

Guys, I don't think they're processing the applications in order. I just saw a Visa Journey member who has a June 1 NOA1 and received the NOA2 yesterday October 1.

Yes, we know they don't work them in order. People with the same NOA1 date will get NOA2 a month apart! Like the others, it is either a fluke (file slipped into wrong box) or an expedite. There are still April cases being work, they are not even close to June yet.

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Counting down to NOA2... ALSO counting down to what my fiancee and I call "Hola and Amigo Day" -- October 14, when Hola and Amigo are no longer the Number 1 entry at the top of Igor's List :D

10 minutes ago, GarryAndMarie said:

Counting down to NOA2... ALSO counting down to what my fiancee and I call "Hola and Amigo Day" -- October 14, when Hola and Amigo are no longer the Number 1 entry at the top of Igor's List :D

LOL!!!!  I was thinking the same thing every time I looked at the list!!!

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
33 minutes ago, GarryAndMarie said:

Why has an admin not fixed that?!?!? :)

5 minutes ago, DandY said:

Why has an admin not fixed that?!?!? :)

That is what they put on their timeline. They used 2017 instead of 2016. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.