stellamahoo

I-129f June 2017 filers (merged)

6,570 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Myanmar
Timeline
10 minutes ago, DandY said:

Yes, and crazy that flight prices vary so wildly. John and I are in the same time zone and both live by airports that are considered hubs, yet his flights to Manila cost HALF of what mine do--go figure!

Yup, I figured that one. :( When my fiance asked me where would he visit me, Myanmar or Philippines? All I could say "let's be practical and save money for my arrival". I really miss him a lot...

K1 FIANCE VISA
Met Thru Christian Dating Site - January 29, 2017
Engagement Ceremony - April 12, 2017
Packet sent - May 30, 2017
NOA 1 - June 2, 2017 (Hard Copy - June 6, 2017)
NOA 2 - November 29, 2017

NVC - January 12, 2018 (received); January 19, 2018 (in transit); January 23, 2018 (ready)

MEDICAL - February 9, 2018 (conducted exam); February 12, 2018 (approved)

INTERVIEW - February 26, 2018 (approved)

VISA ON HAND - March 7, 2018

CFO - March 22, 2018

POE -  April 17, 2018

SSN - April 27, 2018

WEDDING - May 28, 2018

ADJUSTMENT STATUS

Packet sent - June 24, 2018

NOA1 - July 2, 2018

Biometric - July 26, 2018

EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION

NOA1 - July 2, 2018

Approved - October 12, 2018

TRAVEL DOCUMENT

NOA1 - July 2, 2018

STATE ID - July 11, 2018

DRIVERS LICENSE - December 28, 2018

Just now, Adamma Jerome said:

June 12th here 108 days! hoping for a xmas gift of approval lol

I wish you the very best. I’m June 6 and I am hoping for a February VOH!!!  Things are very slow right now. Most here believe Christmas is out of the question if the NOA2 goes past October 6. 

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: Other Country: Switzerland
Timeline
3 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

I wish you the very best. I’m June 6 and I am hoping for a February VOH!!!  Things are very slow right now. Most here believe Christmas is out of the question if the NOA2 goes past October 6. 

WOW! really? This makes me sad, to think that , I hope it picks up for us! because my wedding is going to be pushed back , its dec 16 :(

19 minutes ago, Adamma Jerome said:

WOW! really? This makes me sad, to think that , I hope it picks up for us! because my wedding is going to be pushed back , its dec 16 :(

Don’t give up but you also have to be realistic. Right now your anticipated NOA2 dat is Nov 12. Add 3 to 4 weeks for NVC and that puts you at Dec 12. Then scheduling medical and interview can be another month out. 

These are obviously very conservative numbers but by how much?  A few weeks?  It has been said that is it possible to get an interview scheduled as quick as 45 days after NOA2. If your NOA2 happens on Nov 12, 45 days later will be the week of January 1. 

If if you use the 45 days, which is very aggressive, you would need to receive your NOA2 by Oct 30 to have the interview on Dec 16. So to give yourself the 10 days to get the visa after the interview and a week to travel the NOA2 would need to be approved by Oct 6 in order to make it by Dec 16. 

I dont want to be the bearer of bad news but these are how the raw numbers work for all of us right now. 

My anticipated NOA2 date is now Nov 4. When I originally joined it was September 6. It is between 5 and 6 months for NOA2. 

Please dont buy tickets or plan a wedding before you have visa on hand. There are too many variables including AP that can eat another month or two!!!  Ask those February and March filers who are still waiting!

I hope all goes well for you but do this with open eyes. This is very slow right now. 

Edited by John & Rose

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, John & Rose said:

Yes, I have decided not to make any specific plans with how slow things are going but thinking February is pretty realistic. Good luck everyone! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

We're getting anxious and excited for our NOA2!!!

I'm the beneficiary.just excited for the next step after we get the approval for out petition.:rolleyes::whistle:

Long time lurker/June 28th NOA1 here, trying very hard to be patient and keep organised so that when the NOA2 Finally gets here, I can just get to be excited and joyful!

I've done a timeline, and it keeps seeming to drift further and further away but I figure it may be around the end of November if the 5 month estimate is correct anyway.

I was thinking of trying to get the police certificates sorted before the NOA2 so that's all ready in the pack for the interview etc. Does anyone know how long it'd last for?

Type A personality is actually pretty happy with getting everything organised, I'm currently doing the timeline of our 5 year relationship with corresponding pictures/tickets etc.

Anyone have any other tips to get ready for the interview process?

8 minutes ago, krispywest said:

Long time lurker/June 28th NOA1 here, trying very hard to be patient and keep organised so that when the NOA2 Finally gets here, I can just get to be excited and joyful!

I've done a timeline, and it keeps seeming to drift further and further away but I figure it may be around the end of November if the 5 month estimate is correct anyway.

I was thinking of trying to get the police certificates sorted before the NOA2 so that's all ready in the pack for the interview etc. Does anyone know how long it'd last for?

Type A personality is actually pretty happy with getting everything organised, I'm currently doing the timeline of our 5 year relationship with corresponding pictures/tickets etc.

Anyone have any other tips to get ready for the interview process?

My fiancee went ahead and got her police certificates from Korea and Ireland and her NBI clearance from the Philippines.  Her 17 year old son is scheduled for his NBI clearance tomorrow and my fiancee is doing her required seminar on Tuesday.  It is a Philippines only requirement.

Yes, we are doing everything possible to get things done as quickly as possible.  Once the petition clears NVC, we have a lot of control on how things move.  At least more control than we have while waiting for USCIS!!!

Just look at everything you will need and get as much done as possible.

Good luck.  I hope the timelines move quicker than we anticipate them moving.

IMG_5168.jpeg

4 hours ago, John & Rose said:

My fiancee went ahead and got her police certificates from Korea and Ireland and her NBI clearance from the Philippines.  Her 17 year old son is scheduled for his NBI clearance tomorrow and my fiancee is doing her required seminar on Tuesday.  It is a Philippines only requirement.

Yes, we are doing everything possible to get things done as quickly as possible.  Once the petition clears NVC, we have a lot of control on how things move.  At least more control than we have while waiting for USCIS!!!

Just look at everything you will need and get as much done as possible.

Good luck.  I hope the timelines move quicker than we anticipate them moving.

Hey u might to check the nbi ones atleast i think it those they only have 6 month expiry. I messed up and got all as soon as i filed for her now she has to get them again

35 minutes ago, Murph4865 said:

Hey u might to check the nbi ones atleast i think it those they only have 6 month expiry. I messed up and got all as soon as i filed for her now she has to get them again

We did wait slightly for the NBI.  She gets it in October and we have an anticipated early November approval.  The 6 months will be April so I hope that USCIS and NVC get to us by then!!!!

Thank you for pointing that out though.  It is sad that we have to consider the expiration of these reports and certificates at all.  

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Myanmar
Timeline
5 hours ago, John & Rose said:

We did wait slightly for the NBI.  She gets it in October and we have an anticipated early November approval.  The 6 months will be April so I hope that USCIS and NVC get to us by then!!!!

Thank you for pointing that out though.  It is sad that we have to consider the expiration of these reports and certificates at all.  

NBI has 1 year validity.

K1 FIANCE VISA
Met Thru Christian Dating Site - January 29, 2017
Engagement Ceremony - April 12, 2017
Packet sent - May 30, 2017
NOA 1 - June 2, 2017 (Hard Copy - June 6, 2017)
NOA 2 - November 29, 2017

NVC - January 12, 2018 (received); January 19, 2018 (in transit); January 23, 2018 (ready)

MEDICAL - February 9, 2018 (conducted exam); February 12, 2018 (approved)

INTERVIEW - February 26, 2018 (approved)

VISA ON HAND - March 7, 2018

CFO - March 22, 2018

POE -  April 17, 2018

SSN - April 27, 2018

WEDDING - May 28, 2018

ADJUSTMENT STATUS

NOA1 - July 2, 2018

Biometric - July 26, 2018

EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION

NOA1 - July 2, 2018

TRAVEL DOCUMENT

NOA1 - July 2, 2018

STATE ID - July 11, 2018

DRIVERS LICENSE - December 28, 2018

9 hours ago, John & Rose said:

is this NBI thing only for the Philippines or is it also for United Arab Emirates?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.