stellamahoo

I-129f June 2017 filers (merged)

6,570 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

They received my petition June 28, what is that looking like for processing times to receive the NOA2? Does the country of the beneficiary matter in this process. My fiance is from Brazil

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
4 minutes ago, angelinemarie said:

They received my petition June 28, what is that looking like for processing times to receive the NOA2? Does the country of the beneficiary matter in this process. My fiance is from Brazil

Your timeline says your NOA1 is July 6. I think the VJ estimate in your timeline is likely to be close for you. I think it may still be optimistic for early June filers (though we will see how many they get through this week) and maybe just a tad pessimistic for you. But I think yours will be close. Just my opinion. YMMV.

Timeline
10 minutes ago, angelinemarie said:

One other note about your timeline--I'm pretty sure you are not at the Texas Service Center (you mailed to the Texas Lock box, that is not the service center). Look at your NOA1, you should be at California. If you update your data, it helps everyone.

Timeline
3 hours ago, Lilly2302 said:

people we are on may 4 already!!! :jest:

:jest::D and at least were 10 approved yesterday - decent chunk :wub:

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Deusebom said:

:jest::D and at least were 10 approved yesterday - decent chunk :wub:

Yes. Let's hope this is a good sign. 

Past analysis has shown that people who fill out VJ timelines represent approximately 8% of the overall K1 submissions. I see 11 NOA2 here for 9/25, that means in total they did about 138 K1s yesterday. For those keeping score, that translates to 5 people processing K1s all day. That is a good sign as we have never seen more than 6 FTE worth of K1 work in one day. Let us hope they keep it up and it was not a blip.

On ‎25‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 11:40 PM, Britanee7 said:

Anyone applied for a visa and then tried to get an esta?

Are you meaning the k1visa?

I went to USA on esta last month. We applied in June, so 2 months after applying.

The customs guy asked who I was visiting, told him my fiancé and he asked if I planned to get married in the USA on this trip. I said no we were in the process of doing the k1 visa. He said okay good, just make sure you do it the legal way and let me through. This was at San Fran, nice guy.

You're all good to get an esta and travel with it during the k1visa wait.

K1                                                                                                       AOS

20 March 2017: We got engaged!!                                             13 June 2018 - Sent AOS/EAD/AP

06 June 2017 - Sent I-129F                                                         15 June 2018 - USCIS signature received.

12 June 2017 - Case was received.                                           20 June 2018 - NOA1 for AOS/EAD/AP

14 June 2017 - NOA1                                                                   22 June 2018 - Cash checked

14 December 2017- NOA2                                                          23 June 2018 - Hardcopy i797 for AOS/EAD/AP

26 January 2018 - NVC Scan Date                                            17 July 2018 - Biometrics appt

29 January 2018 - NVC Number                                                24 July 2018 - Case ready to be scheduled for interview

07 February 2018  -Medical                                                        27 Sept 2018 - Call to request EAD expedite based on pending job offer/financial hardship

20 February 2018 -Interview: APPROVED!                               6 Oct 2018 - Letter in mail stating "Your case is currently under review"

21 February 2018- Visa Issued                                                  16 Nov 2018 - EAD Approved                                                                             

23 February 2018-Visa in hand                                                  24 Nov 2018 - EAD/AP received in mail

20 March 2018 -POE: Los Angeles                                            26 Nov 2018 - SSN mail received 

20 May 2018-Marriage                                                                06 Nov 2018 - Interview Scheduled

16 March 2019 - Interview 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

Hello VJ family.. I have a few questions ,im hoping someone can help me...as im waiting on my noa2 im trying to get info ready for i134...

1. I read on fb that its a good idea to bring tax transcripts ,i had irs fax me the last 10 years(just in case lol) i used my daughter as well as my 2 younger brothers the last 3 years (yes I was taking care of them) however i am no longer taking care of them,only my daughter.I heard that they will count the income for my household based on my dependants from my tax info. Is that true? How cn i prove that i only have 2 people i take care of,myself amd my daughter?.

2. Is it a good idea for my fiance to bring western union receipts(him being the reciever) to the inteview? Some people say its a goos thing some people say its a bad thing

3.What should i pay close attention to that is very important when filling out that form? Is it good to have life insurance? Does that help in any way?

I'm praying for us all 

2 hours ago, Kween said:

Hello VJ family.. I have a few questions ,im hoping someone can help me...as im waiting on my noa2 im trying to get info ready for i134...

1. I read on fb that its a good idea to bring tax transcripts ,i had irs fax me the last 10 years(just in case lol) i used my daughter as well as my 2 younger brothers the last 3 years (yes I was taking care of them) however i am no longer taking care of them,only my daughter.I heard that they will count the income for my household based on my dependants from my tax info. Is that true? How cn i prove that i only have 2 people i take care of,myself amd my daughter?.

2. Is it a good idea for my fiance to bring western union receipts(him being the reciever) to the inteview? Some people say its a goos thing some people say its a bad thing

3.What should i pay close attention to that is very important when filling out that form? Is it good to have life insurance? Does that help in any way?

Don’t overthink it. Just give them what they ask for. The threshold is around $20,000. Do you make that?  That is what they want to see. Giving them so much information may raise red flags. Just relax and submit exactly what they require. 

Western Union receipts can be a negative. If the CO has a belief it isn’t a real relationship, showing how much you paid may solidify his opinion. I’ve seen that happen more often then not. Western Union does not prove a real relationship, it proves you sent money. 

Edited by John & Rose

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Timeline
16 hours ago, DandY said:

Yes. Let's hope this is a good sign. 

Past analysis has shown that people who fill out VJ timelines represent approximately 8% of the overall K1 submissions. I see 11 NOA2 here for 9/25, that means in total they did about 138 K1s yesterday. For those keeping score, that translates to 5 people processing K1s all day. That is a good sign as we have never seen more than 6 FTE worth of K1 work in one day. Let us hope they keep it up and it was not a blip.

this is one of you more optimistic responses to K1 processing  :D:D:D   could be a blip considering yesterday shows a WHOPPIN 3 approved... 

how did you calculate 5 people processing K1s?  im interested. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
33 minutes ago, Deusebom said:

this is one of you more optimistic responses to K1 processing  :D:D:D   could be a blip considering yesterday shows a WHOPPIN 3 approved... 

@Deusebom thanks for the figures!!

helps keep things in perspective for those of us who are numbers people:)

Timeline
2 hours ago, AZSunshine78 said:

@Deusebom thanks for the figures!!

helps keep things in perspective for those of us who are numbers people:)

@DandY has more info than I do!  but thanks :-) ... im just persistently following as many details as I can.  we are all in this together!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
1 minute ago, Deusebom said:

@DandY has more info than I do!  but thanks :-) ... im just persistently following as many details as I can.  we are all in this together!

I just realized I @ you for his post, lol!!! Either way, YES! This is one amazing family to travel through this journey with🙏

Timeline
5 hours ago, Deusebom said:

Yes, I don't have much optimism and I still think my likely date as a June 5 NOA1 is Nov 3-6, but we will see. As a side note on the whopping 3, they don't historically work them flat. There are always a couple days higher than the others so that is to be expected. If we have one other good day this week, then they are "on track".

As for how I got the 5 people (or to be accurate 5 FTE (full time equivalent) people). Here are my assumptions:

1) VJ timeline represents 8% of total K1 filers (a number I have seen validated with data before)

2) It takes 15 minutes to adjudicate a K1 application (number obtained from description of process from a former adjudicator)

3) A full day is 7 hours of productivity (it is likely closer to 6.5, but lets be optimistic).

So, my math:

11 VJ NOA2 / 8% = 137.5 total K1s (round to 138).

.25 hours to adjudicate X 138 = 34.5 hours to process those

34.5 / 7 productive hours = 4.93 FTE (round to 5).

Edited by DandY

Timeline
5 hours ago, Deusebom said:

And to return to my pessimistic self, for those excited they are processing May, the 2 non-RFEed apps NOA2ed yesterday were NOA1 dates of 5/2 and 4/20. So many April still to be adjudicated. :(

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.