stellamahoo

I-129f June 2017 filers (merged)

6,570 posts in this topic

33 minutes ago, Hoosier81 said:

From what I've read on here seems Manila is more of a pain with paperwork. Thankfully every review of Jakarta shows a 10 min interview and no police paperwork required. 

Now I'm hoping the flight costs to Chicago will still be cheap Flew to Jakarta from O'hare thru Turkey for 400 in May now I'm hoping her ticket will be under 1000 lol. 

Manila is 5 min if everything is in order. Watch the Police Certificate requirement. That's a DOS requirement and not a Embassy requirement U.S. nor Jakarta can change that requirement. I'm just saying.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

1 minute ago, Hoosier81 said:

Oh yes I forgot about the food I do miss the deep dish pizza and Ditka's. Yes the tower will always be Sears! I even thought about taking Rakhel to medieval times something silly and fun. I don't my bride would be able to sit through a Bulls game Indonesians aren't into Basketball much. One of the fun things will be teaching her how to drive not sure how it is in the Philippines but in Indonesia most woman don't drive cars motor bikes yes  but usually its a male family member driving the family cars around. 

Medieval Times would be great. Also the Renaissance Faire in Bristol, WI is a great experience. The only issue is that they don’t correlate medieval England and the US like we do!!!  Honky Tonk BBQ, Gino’s East, Greektown, Chinatown, heck, even Portillo’s!!!  I am so looking forward to showing them around. 

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline
9 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

Manila is 5 min if everything is in order. Watch the Police Certificate requirement. That's a DOS requirement and not a Embassy requirement U.S. nor Jakarta can change that requirement. I'm just saying.

Yes thanks for the heads up it is strange I emailed the consulate and they said not required for Indonesia any other country she has lived in yes it will be required. They said it will state Indonesian police cert will not required in Packet 3 when she gets it. Probably due to the corruption there they know you can buy a clean cert. lol 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline
9 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

Medieval Times would be great. Also the Renaissance Faire in Bristol, WI is a great experience. The only issue is that they don’t correlate medieval England and the US like we do!!!  Honky Tonk BBQ, Gino’s East, Greektown, Chinatown, heck, even Portillo’s!!!  I am so looking forward to showing them around. 

That's true I didnt think about that! I will have to do some explaining lol. I forgot about Chinatown! or heck even Navy pier!. 

1 hour ago, Hoosier81 said:

Yes I know what you mean! I emailed the embassy and for what ever reason they do not require it but they do want a professional translator to do the translation of the birth certificate along a certificate from them. I'm just hoping none of us have to wait to long for NOA2 as it is we all will be pushing the holiday season with interviews. 

Your information is correct.

DOS states for PC from Indonesia:

Unavailable for applicants inside and outside Indonesia. Indonesian police certificates require initial processing at a local or village level, which is nonstandard in nature, can be subject to capricious decisions by officials and may require nonofficial payments to proceed further."

So you don't need the PC for the interview. I will advise that you should print a screen shot of that non-requirement and have with you for the interview. I have witness CO's that didn't know this from other countries. If this is the case for you you'll be able to present proof.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
23 hours ago, DandY said:

And in the category of "small world" :), my fiancee lives in Cavite. Two June filers from Cavite. 

Three! Mine's in Cavite too ;) We should have them hook up for stuff like the medical exam and whatever!

6 hours ago, Bobby&Jeaneth said:

Hi everyone,

we file our visa last week of May 2017 and we recieved the reciept notice last june 6 2017.untill we still dont have update.. we hope it wont take that long..

good luck to everyone!!

It will take between 5 and 6 months for your next notification (NOA2). Try to get everything else in order that you can. Once it clears NVC the schedule is on your hands. 

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello fellow June filers...we're almost there but no quite yet 😩 Let's hope they get through May in a timely manner! Hoping to get married in February if all goes smoothly 😊

Just now, Britanee7 said:

Please can someone tell me what I can do between noa1 and noa2. To prepare for next stage? 

Sit and wait paitently keep yourself busy not worrying about it until are with in 30 or so of the 150 day mark

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
23 minutes ago, Britanee7 said:

Please can someone tell me what I can do between noa1 and noa2. To prepare for next stage? 

The only thing would be to take a look at what will be required for the interview...might help eliminate any surprises when you get to that point 😊

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 22 September 2017 at 2:46 PM, Allthephils said:

I gave him a print out of the documents and personal info (about me) that he would need. If you want, I can send you what I sent him : ). I'm not sure exactly what document they gave him, but it is to prove that he has completed the seminar. He will need the certificate to get the sticker for his passport and visa...when we eventually get to that step. 

I love Taal! The summer I was there as a missionary, my team and I road horses into the mouth of the volcano and swam in the lake there. It was so fun! This past trip, my fiance' and I went to Tagaytay and to Skyranch. 

You are so nice and sweet! It would be nice to have a guideline, but you dont need to put your infos in there, it's private. :)  I will techie duke an appointment tomorrow. Even the thought of that is such a relief!

Sounds like you had a great time here! I am glad. I was at Tagaytay lastnight, just trying to relax while trying to get my caffeinefix. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.