stellamahoo

I-129f June 2017 filers (merged)

6,570 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

If he/she completed CFO without their passport then CFO will give them a certificate to carry to any CFO office, including NAIA and yes you can get your sticker at NAIA, after they complete their interview and they get their passport.

I think he has his passport because he has not done interview. So I think you meant visa.

On 9/21/2017 at 6:10 PM, yakyakscully said:

Hi Kate - I'll have to change my fiance's address in the UK as well. As the petitioner, I couldn't find anywhere to do it on the website, so I plan to call as soon as I have an NOA2. Keep me updated with how things go for you! I'm about a month behind you in the process. :) 

How do I update my mailing address or phone number?

To update the mailing address or phone number of anyone associated with a case, please contact NVC using one of the methods listed online. Remember that whenever you contact NVC please provide your case number, the name of the petitioner, and the name and date of birth of the principal visa applicant.

If you need to change after your NOA2 use this link: https://egov.uscis.gov/coa/displayCOAForm.do

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

3 minutes ago, DandY said:

I think he has his passport because he has not done interview. So I think you meant visa.

:thumbs: Correct. Once you have the passport WITH the visa attached then return to CFO to get the sticker applied IF you completed the CFO interview prior to receiving your visa.

Thanks for the correction.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
10 hours ago, Greenbaum said:

I just wanted to add clarification to your informative post. If he/she completed CFO without their passport then CFO will give them a certificate to carry to any CFO office, including NAIA and yes you can get your sticker at NAIA, after they complete their interview and they get their passport. Take the passport and certificate to any CFO office and have the sticker affixed. Instructions to get your sticker at NAIA can be found in the link below.

What anyone will need to complete CFO and other important information to assure success can be found here: http://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/cfo-orientation-seminar.html

He has his passport but the visa is not in hand. We just wanted to go ahead and knock out the seminar. He’ll go back to the CFO place after he gets the visa :)  

05.31.17--Mailed I-129 F

06.06.17--NOA

09.22.17--CFO Seminar
12.23.17--NOA 2

01.24.18--NVC Received/Case Number Assigned

01.29.18-01.30.18--Medical--PASSED!

01.30.18--NVC "in transit"

01.31.18--Cased received by USEM

02.05.18--Interview--PASSED!

02.09.18--VOH

02.27.18--POE

03.07.18--SSN 

04.14.18--Wedding day ❤️

05.09.18--Mailed AoS Packet 

05.14.18--AoS Packet Received 

06.07.18--Biometrics

10.04.18--EAD/AP Received

12.21.18--AoS Interview (APPROVED)

12.31.18--Green Card in Hand ❤️ 

"Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change." James 1:17 ESV

1 minute ago, Allthephils said:

He has his passport but the visa is not in hand. We just wanted to go ahead and knock out the seminar. He’ll go back to the CFO place after he gets the visa :)  

That is what Rose is going to do. She is doing the CFO on October 3. We don’t expect NOA2 until November. 

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

1 minute ago, Allthephils said:

👍 That's a good plan. CFO can sometimes not be available for appointments for weeks.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

6 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

That is what Rose is going to do. She is doing the CFO on October 3. We don’t expect NOA2 until November. 

You will have needed to schedule your Interview and prove that you are registered with USEM before you can attend CFO. If you don't she will be turned away until such time that you can present your interview confirmation.  That cannot be accomplished until you have your MNL# which isn't available until your NOA2 is issued. So I recommend that you cancel your 10/3 CFO appointment till such time that you book your interview.  Once you book your interview screen print the confirmation page and print off a couple of copies. One is needed for CFO.

Following this helpful guide for other requirements at CFO.

http://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/cfo-orientation-seminar.html

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

8 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

👍 That's a good plan. CFO can sometimes not be available for appointments for weeks.

We want to get as much done as possible. Appointments are almost a month out right now. We still have two teenagers that need to do their peer counseling after they get their visas. Anything we can get done now will take pressure off later. 

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Just now, John & Rose said:

We want to get as much done as possible. Appointments are almost a month out right now. We still have two teenagers that need to do their peer counseling after they get their visas. Anything we can get done now will take pressure off later. 

:thumbs: Good plan but beware; see my earlier post.  Is either of the kids close to their 21st birthday?  That add some additional planning.  I know as I had one but was fortunate to get her in under the wire.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

1 minute ago, Greenbaum said:

You will have needed to schedule your Interview and prove that you are registered with USEM before you can attend CFO. If you don't she will be turned away until such time that you can present your interview confirmation.  That cannot be accomplished until you have your MNL# which isn't available until your NOA2 is issued. So I recommend that you cancel your 10/3 CFO appointment till such time that you book your interview.  Once you book your interview screen print the confirmation page and print off a couple of copies. One is needed for CFO.

Following this helpful guide for other requirements at CFO.

http://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/cfo-orientation-seminar.html

She went there and asked them. They said she doesn’t need the MNL# for her GCP seminar. All she needs is a passport and the NOA1 letter showing she is in process. The kids will need visas in hand. They made the appointment for her while she was there asking them about it. She was at the Manila CFO office. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Just now, John & Rose said:

She went there and asked them. They said she doesn’t need the MNL# for her GCP seminar. All she needs is a passport and the NOA1 letter showing she is in process. The kids will need visas in hand. They made the appointment for her while she was there asking them about it. She was at the Manila CFO office. 

That's new information. Please return and post her success or send me a PM. I would like to know because that is a BIG change from what has been required.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

:thumbs: Good plan but beware; see my earlier post.  Is either of the kids close to their 21st birthday?  That add some additional planning.  I know as I had one but was fortunate to get her in under the wire.

1 minute ago, John & Rose said:

Her son turns 18 in July. Her daughter is 14. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

2 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

Her son turns 18 in July. Her daughter is 14. 

Then you have no concerns. Keep on keeping on.... sounds like a sound plan thus far.

download.jpg

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

That's new information. Please return and post her success or send me a PM. I would like to know because that is a BIG change from what has been required.

Will do. That is why she went and asked. We are lucky because she lives in Metro Manila. We will see if it will end up different. She may have been talking to a guard that doesn’t have a clue. The online application doesn’t ask for the MNL#. I guess we will find out on Oct 3!!!

IMG_5168.jpeg

Then you have no concerns. Keep on keeping on.... sounds like a sound plan thus far.

download.jpg

Slight concern!!!  If we get delayed too far he will turn 18 before we get married and he will have to leave the US until Rose gets her green card and petitions for him. I do believe we will be in the states, married and settled by July but it is a concern. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.