stellamahoo

I-129f June 2017 filers (merged)

6,570 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
On 9/20/2017 at 2:45 PM, KateWB said:

Looks like I will need to do that. As there is no way to access the mail at my old address and Royal Mail will not redirect packages like that! Roll on receiving the NOA2 for me to be able to contact them to change my address!!

Hi Kate - I'll have to change my fiance's address in the UK as well. As the petitioner, I couldn't find anywhere to do it on the website, so I plan to call as soon as I have an NOA2. Keep me updated with how things go for you! I'm about a month behind you in the process. :) 

Timeline
1 hour ago, yakyakscully said:

Hi Kate - I'll have to change my fiance's address in the UK as well. As the petitioner, I couldn't find anywhere to do it on the website, so I plan to call as soon as I have an NOA2. Keep me updated with how things go for you! I'm about a month behind you in the process. :) 

Thank you for your reply! Yes I shall :) 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline

Hi all! June 23rd filer here. I've been silently stalking this page, but now I actually have a question. :P

I'm living in New Zealand with my fiance until he gets his visa. You guys were mentioning already getting things together for when the NOA2 comes. Does anybody know exactly what our beneficiaries will need to send in and/or take to the interview? And what can we do now? Is it too soon to get police records and bank statements because they might be "outdated" by the time November (or whenever) roles around? Thanks!

6 hours ago, sammylee116 said:

Hi all! June 23rd filer here. I've been silently stalking this page, but now I actually have a question. :P

I'm living in New Zealand with my fiance until he gets his visa. You guys were mentioning already getting things together for when the NOA2 comes. Does anybody know exactly what our beneficiaries will need to send in and/or take to the interview? And what can we do now? Is it too soon to get police records and bank statements because they might be "outdated" by the time November (or whenever) roles around? Thanks!

Kia ora fellow Kiwi lover! 😋 I'm so jealous you get to stay over there till he gets approved! I went to visit for a month in March and I miss it so much! Do you mind me asking whereabouts you are? XD

Important: Police certificates expire after one year, unless the certificate was issued from your country of previous residence and you have not returned there since the police certificate was issued. If at the time of your interview the following three items are all true, you must bring a new police certificate to your visa interview:

• You are more than 16 years old;
  • The police certificate submitted to NVC was obtained more than one year ago; and
  • You still live in the country that issued the certificate.

We applied for her certificates just this month, because she needed one from Japan from a foreign exchange trip and that one is supposed to take 2-3 months.

https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/family/fiance-k-1.html#6  that's a list of the documents needed for the visa. Make sure you figure out where the approved doctor is that can do his medical, I know on the South island the only one located in Christchurch... Better than Auckland when fiancee is in Dunedin but still XD

Met Online : 1/16/15

Met In Person : 10/15/16

Flew to NZ and Proposed : 3/6/17

I-129F Submitted : 6/22/17

NOA1 : 6/26/17

Visit to US : 8/28/17

NOA2 : 1/24/18

NVC Received Case : 2/5/18

Forwarded to Auckland : 2/6/18

Packet 3 Received : 2/6/18

Packet 3 Completed : 3/1/18

Packet 4 Received : 3/9/18

Interview : 5/8/18 - APPROVED? Not officially, but yes, per CO...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
19 hours ago, Allthephils said:

You’re right! My fiancé and I have been working on all the requirements needed for the interview. I’m pretty sure we have everything together. He’s getting ready for his CFO seminar as I’m typing this. 💪🏼👌🏼

Please let us know how did his CFO Seminar went :) and what did he bring with him. 

Thanks! 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
50 minutes ago, Elaine282017 said:

Please let us know how did his CFO Seminar went :) and what did he bring with him. 

Thanks! 

It went really well! He took everything that he is listed on the website to bring. 

• Birth certificate (original and copies)
  • NBI clearance (original and copies)
  • CENOMAR(original and copies)
  • Parental advice to wed (he's only 24 and this is a requirement if you are younger than 25)
  • Passport biographic page
  • Passport 
  • My birth certificate 
  • My 1040 A from my 2016 IRS tax return to prove I am single
  • My passport biographic page 
  • All the evidence that I included in our petition and pictures from my most recent visit in July 

I feel like he was more than prepared. He lives in Batangas City, so he left around 4:30 am to get to Manila on time. He finally got to the CFO place around 7:45 

Filling out the registration forms took him about 20 minutes. Once the forms were filled out, he was directed to the room where others bound for the US were gathered. The seminar lasted about 2.5 hours and then he got a break. After the break, he met with the counselor one on one. He said the counselor asked him how we met, if we had visited each other within the past two years, and if either of us had ever been married. He said the interview lasted only about 2 minutes. They did not ask to see any of the documents that we prepared. The counselor cleared him and sent him to pick up the certificate stating he finished the seminar. It was quick and easy. 

05.31.17--Mailed I-129 F

06.06.17--NOA

09.22.17--CFO Seminar
12.23.17--NOA 2

01.24.18--NVC Received/Case Number Assigned

01.29.18-01.30.18--Medical--PASSED!

01.30.18--NVC "in transit"

01.31.18--Cased received by USEM

02.05.18--Interview--PASSED!

02.09.18--VOH

02.27.18--POE

03.07.18--SSN 

04.14.18--Wedding day ❤️

05.09.18--Mailed AoS Packet 

05.14.18--AoS Packet Received 

06.07.18--Biometrics

10.04.18--EAD/AP Received

12.21.18--AoS Interview (APPROVED)

12.31.18--Green Card in Hand ❤️ 

"Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change." James 1:17 ESV

Timeline
On 9/21/2017 at 4:35 PM, John & Rose said:

953 to 941 on Igor's list overnight!!!  Date slipped from Oct 31 to November 2.  If we hit November 6 it will be a full 2 month slip from the original estimate.  Well, it always looked like it was a 5 month wait.  I just hope it doesn't slip too many more months.  Rose's son turns 18 in July and we have to be married and file for the change in status before that or he has to leave the states and wait for Rose's green card before we can apply to get him back!!!

Where are you getting the numbers from for 953 to 941 on Igor's list?

I'm only aware of the dates at the end of the page on our timelines but I would love to know where I'm at in line if you could tell me please where to find that information? 🙏🙂

8 minutes ago, AZSunshine78 said:

I'm only aware of the dates at the end of the page on our timelines but I would love to know where I'm at in line if you could tell me please where to find that information? 🙏🙂

It's right here...

http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/monthly_filers.php?form=1&visa=1&scenter=1&option=2&sortby=2

Welcome to even more numbers to crunch!!!!

Edited by John & Rose

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Timeline
15 minutes ago, AZSunshine78 said:

Thank you!!!!

Timeline
1 hour ago, Allthephils said:

The counselor cleared him and sent him to pick up the certificate stating he finished the seminar. It was quick and easy. 

I am wondering if he brought any additional requirements that is not on the list that he found helpful. I watched a video that says they asked her for her fiancées siblings names and birthday, good thing she had it writen on a piece of paper! Things like that worries me! 

Also did they already gave him the real certificate? Based on the video I was talking too earlier said that if you went to CFO without your visa you still need to go back and show them the vise then they will give you the cert. That they stick in the passport. I did internships in US, this will be my fourth CFO, but I always go with visa on hand, but right now, I just want to do as much as I can and save time later. 

I always to go Batangas, I live in Cavite, pretty close! They are famous for Balisong and coffee. Me and my fiancé drove all the way there once to hike Taal and buy him balisong. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
26 minutes ago, Elaine282017 said:

I am wondering if he brought any additional requirements that is not on the list that he found helpful. I watched a video that says they asked her for her fiancées siblings names and birthday, good thing she had it writen on a piece of paper! Things like that worries me! 

Also did they already gave him the real certificate? Based on the video I was talking too earlier said that if you went to CFO without your visa you still need to go back and show them the vise then they will give you the cert. That they stick in the passport. I did internships in US, this will be my fourth CFO, but I always go with visa on hand, but right now, I just want to do as much as I can and save time later. 

I always to go Batangas, I live in Cavite, pretty close! They are famous for Balisong and coffee. Me and my fiancé drove all the way there once to hike Taal and buy him balisong. 

I gave him a print out of the documents and personal info (about me) that he would need. If you want, I can send you what I sent him : ). I'm not sure exactly what document they gave him, but it is to prove that he has completed the seminar. He will need the certificate to get the sticker for his passport and visa...when we eventually get to that step. 

I love Taal! The summer I was there as a missionary, my team and I road horses into the mouth of the volcano and swam in the lake there. It was so fun! This past trip, my fiance' and I went to Tagaytay and to Skyranch. 

05.31.17--Mailed I-129 F

06.06.17--NOA

09.22.17--CFO Seminar
12.23.17--NOA 2

01.24.18--NVC Received/Case Number Assigned

01.29.18-01.30.18--Medical--PASSED!

01.30.18--NVC "in transit"

01.31.18--Cased received by USEM

02.05.18--Interview--PASSED!

02.09.18--VOH

02.27.18--POE

03.07.18--SSN 

04.14.18--Wedding day ❤️

05.09.18--Mailed AoS Packet 

05.14.18--AoS Packet Received 

06.07.18--Biometrics

10.04.18--EAD/AP Received

12.21.18--AoS Interview (APPROVED)

12.31.18--Green Card in Hand ❤️ 

"Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change." James 1:17 ESV

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline
17 hours ago, MM&CS said:

Kia ora fellow Kiwi lover! 😋 I'm so jealous you get to stay over there till he gets approved! I went to visit for a month in March and I miss it so much! Do you mind me asking whereabouts you are? XD

Important: Police certificates expire after one year, unless the certificate was issued from your country of previous residence and you have not returned there since the police certificate was issued. If at the time of your interview the following three items are all true, you must bring a new police certificate to your visa interview:

• You are more than 16 years old;
  • The police certificate submitted to NVC was obtained more than one year ago; and
  • You still live in the country that issued the certificate.

We applied for her certificates just this month, because she needed one from Japan from a foreign exchange trip and that one is supposed to take 2-3 months.

https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/family/fiance-k-1.html#6  that's a list of the documents needed for the visa. Make sure you figure out where the approved doctor is that can do his medical, I know on the South island the only one located in Christchurch... Better than Auckland when fiancee is in Dunedin but still XD

Thank you! We're living in Auckland. It's FINALLY starting to get warm, but still lots of rainy days. We can't wait to get back to California!

Timeline
18 hours ago, Elaine282017 said:

I live in Cavite

And in the category of "small world" :), my fiancee lives in Cavite. Two June filers from Cavite. 

19 hours ago, Allthephils said:

I gave him a print out of the documents and personal info (about me) that he would need. If you want, I can send you what I sent him : ). I'm not sure exactly what document they gave him, but it is to prove that he has completed the seminar. He will need the certificate to get the sticker for his passport and visa...when we eventually get to that step. 

I love Taal! The summer I was there as a missionary, my team and I road horses into the mouth of the volcano and swam in the lake there. It was so fun! This past trip, my fiance' and I went to Tagaytay and to Skyranch. 

I just wanted to add clarification to your informative post. If he/she completed CFO without their passport then CFO will give them a certificate to carry to any CFO office, including NAIA and yes you can get your sticker at NAIA, after they complete their interview and they get their passport. Take the passport and certificate to any CFO office and have the sticker affixed. Instructions to get your sticker at NAIA can be found in the link below.

What anyone will need to complete CFO and other important information to assure success can be found here: http://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/cfo-orientation-seminar.html

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.