stellamahoo

I-129f June 2017 filers (merged)

6,570 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Kween said:

Omg..and what is the D160 about?

Time to start doing your homework!  It will make everything much easier later.  Look at all the requirements that need to be done prior to the interview.  Having the interview scheduled a month or two in advance will give you time to get everything else together.  DS-160, medical, police clearances, etc...

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

4 minutes ago, MM&CS said:

I've heard a lot of people say the Philippines embassy is super busy, a few of the nurses I work with came through that embassy :( The last person I saw review in New Zealand lucked out at 26 days, and I'm fingers crossed that stays true whenever we finally all get our NOA2s, but if I held my breath on any part of this process moving quick I would have passed out and busted my head a long time ago XD

Yes, the Philippines is full of old balding American men with beautiful, young Asian women!  It is funny going anywhere in the Philippines because us old bald and VERY light skinned guys with beautiful tanned Asian women are everywhere!!!

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
9 minutes ago, Kween said:

Omg..and what is the D160 about?

If you are board you can start the DS-160 now but be sure to log in at least once every 30 days or it will no longer be accessible. 

https://ceac.state.gov/ceac/

The foreigner has to do this but the American Citizen can help.

Timeline
3 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

Yes, the Philippines is full of old balding American men with beautiful, young Asian women!  It is funny going anywhere in the Philippines because us old bald and VERY light skinned guys with beautiful tanned Asian women are everywhere!!!

:jest:

You are not that old and I am not that bald. :D

Just now, LabOz said:

LOL!!!!  I love this place...and my beautiful, tanned Asian future asawa!  She does make me feel younger...but the bald was her idea!

IMG_5168.jpeg

4 minutes ago, LabOz said:

Your estimate is just a week away!!!  It must be like a kid waiting for Christmas!

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, John & Rose said:

Hahaha! This is so true. I feel like my case is the exception here. I haven't seen many cases where the petitioner is a female American and the beneficiary is a Filipino male. ;)

Also, @John & Roseour timelines are exactly the same! Praying things speed up soon!! 

05.31.17--Mailed I-129 F

06.06.17--NOA

09.22.17--CFO Seminar
12.23.17--NOA 2

01.24.18--NVC Received/Case Number Assigned

01.29.18-01.30.18--Medical--PASSED!

01.30.18--NVC "in transit"

01.31.18--Cased received by USEM

02.05.18--Interview--PASSED!

02.09.18--VOH

02.27.18--POE

03.07.18--SSN 

04.14.18--Wedding day ❤️

05.09.18--Mailed AoS Packet 

05.14.18--AoS Packet Received 

06.07.18--Biometrics

10.04.18--EAD/AP Received

12.21.18--AoS Interview (APPROVED)

12.31.18--Green Card in Hand ❤️ 

"Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change." James 1:17 ESV

2 minutes ago, Allthephils said:

Hahaha! This is so true. I feel like my case is the exception here. I haven't seen many cases where the petitioner is a female American and the beneficiary is a Filipino male. ;)

Also, @John & Roseour timelines are exactly the same! Praying things speed up soon!! 

Yes, you are a rare couple.  I did notice a few but my future asawa and I could not stop laughing about all the old bald guys.  Love is love and frankly, I see a lot of old bald guys with great taste in women!!!!

OK, the race is on!  I will follow your timeline, too.  The loser has to eat filipino spaghetti!!!

IMG_5168.jpeg

Timeline
2 hours ago, John & Rose said:

I have heard of people getting the interview 45 days after NOA2 but those are exceptions. 

I agree. But even in a 60 day timeline you don't need interview that fast. In the timeline I was talking, you need to do everything you can to get the fastest which includes things like pro-actively scheduling interview, CFO before interview, pick up visa at MOA instead of wait for delivery, etc. For my 70 day "reasonable" timeline you need interview about 63 or 64 days after NOA2 and maybe even 65 (MOA pickup takes out a few days of receiving visa).

31 minutes ago, DandY said:

I agree. But even in a 60 day timeline you don't need interview that fast. In the timeline I was talking, you need to do everything you can to get the fastest which includes things like pro-actively scheduling interview, CFO before interview, pick up visa at MOA instead of wait for delivery, etc. For my 70 day "reasonable" timeline you need interview about 63 or 64 days after NOA2 and maybe even 65 (MOA pickup takes out a few days of receiving visa).

I assume at that point I will be a little more relaxed.  I will focus on having everything in place so that once they get approved we can start looking at flights and scheduling the peer counseling.  I think I am more intense right now because I have no control at all.  If I had a hand in steering this boat now I probably wouldn't be as nervous.

I am lucky because they do live close to MOA, SLEC and the Embassy.  We have already scheduled Rose's GCP seminar for early October.  We have the Korean and Irish police clearances.  Rose and AJ will schedule their NBI visit next week.  All that will be left will be medical and the kid's peer counseling.  I dropped off copies of all the paperwork during my last visit so I will just have a few loose ends to deal with like pay stubs.  She has my last three tax returns.

I feel like I am in good shape but I would still like a little control!!!!

Edited by John & Rose

IMG_5168.jpeg

Timeline
3 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

I feel like I am in good shape but I would still like a little control!!!!

You don't say! (As if you cannot tell from all my planning and calculations that I am a control freak!)

1 minute ago, DandY said:

You don't say! (As if you cannot tell from all my planning and calculations that I am a control freak!)

We are certainly similar!!!  Now I look at Igor's list a few times a day and do some of my own calculations...you know, wind speed, direction, ambient temperature of a fully laden African Swallow...

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
41 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

Yes, you are a rare couple.  I did notice a few but my future asawa and I could not stop laughing about all the old bald guys.  Love is love and frankly, I see a lot of old bald guys with great taste in women!!!!

OK, the race is on!  I will follow your timeline, too.  The loser has to eat filipino spaghetti!!!

You're on!!!! :P

05.31.17--Mailed I-129 F

06.06.17--NOA

09.22.17--CFO Seminar
12.23.17--NOA 2

01.24.18--NVC Received/Case Number Assigned

01.29.18-01.30.18--Medical--PASSED!

01.30.18--NVC "in transit"

01.31.18--Cased received by USEM

02.05.18--Interview--PASSED!

02.09.18--VOH

02.27.18--POE

03.07.18--SSN 

04.14.18--Wedding day ❤️

05.09.18--Mailed AoS Packet 

05.14.18--AoS Packet Received 

06.07.18--Biometrics

10.04.18--EAD/AP Received

12.21.18--AoS Interview (APPROVED)

12.31.18--Green Card in Hand ❤️ 

"Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change." James 1:17 ESV

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.