stellamahoo

I-129f June 2017 filers (merged)

6,570 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, DandY said:

I'm June 5, and I think 3 or so weeks ago my calculations put me at a likely target of November 4 (which is Saturday so roll to Nov. 6) +/- a few days. I'm still think I'm going to be close to accurate. One thing I figured out pretty quickly (and have been saying) is that the algorithm used here (VJ) is VERY unsophisticated and cannot adjust very quickly to unusual events like these. I have been warning not to put faith in the VJ date as you will just be frustrated and disappointed (Yes, I know you know this John, just talking to all the thread readers). 

Just my opinion here, I think 152 to 154 days is a reasonable target for early June filers and late June filers *might* be an average of 146 days. I would say that if anyone is still holding out hope for Christmas, for your sanity and anger management, abandon it now. The ONLY possible way for that to happen is USCIS make family Visas VERY important, which they are not going to do.

At this point I really don’t pay much attention to those details. This really has a mind of its own. Christmas was gone a month ago!!!  If you back out all the time we need for NVC and interviews you need to be thinking about 2+ months AFTER NOA2. It can be quicker but we need to be realists.

Now I am just hoping for marriage and filing AOS by AJ’s birthday in July. That is still doable at this point. If we miss that it really lengthens the journey for me. 

I will continue to be cautiously optimistic but this isn’t a quick and easy journey. I’m the end, we will be together and then the new stresses take over. No matter how down I sound, the end is worth it. I will put up with a lot if it means my family will be together when the journey ends. 

Beer is on me!!!

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
37 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

Christmas was gone a month ago!!!

Not sure what you mean by this (maybe the VJ dates from a month ago?). I know your situation has other factors, but if the only factor is Fiance(e), it can be reasonably fast after NOA2. For Philippines, it seems 70 days to Visa in hand is quite possible and 55-60 is *maybe possible*. So, if someone willing to leave within a couple days of visa in hand, then the date you need NOA2 by (at least for Philippines averages) for any chance at Christmas is October 24. For a possible chance at Christmas: October 11. 

And we all thought when we filed "My fiance(e) will definitely be here by Christmas--no problem! I wonder if they will make it for Thanksgiving?...If they did that would be great." HA!

12 minutes ago, DandY said:

Not sure what you mean by this (maybe the VJ dates from a month ago?). I know your situation has other factors, but if the only factor is Fiance(e), it can be reasonably fast after NOA2. For Philippines, it seems 70 days to Visa in hand is quite possible and 55-60 is *maybe possible*. So, if someone willing to leave within a couple days of visa in hand, then the date you need NOA2 by (at least for Philippines averages) for any chance at Christmas is October 24. For a possible chance at Christmas: October 11. 

And we all thought when we filed "My fiance(e) will definitely be here by Christmas--no problem! I wonder if they will make it for Thanksgiving?...If they did that would be great." HA!

I kind of misspoke.  What I meant to say is that Christmas was pretty much gone when my timeline hit October.  It is now in November so I meant to say that Christmas wasn't going to be possible once the estimated NOA2 made it to mid-October.

I have heard of people getting the interview 45 days after NOA2 but those are exceptions.  Since I am bringing kids over, they will need to schedule their CFO Peer Counseling AFTER they receive their visas.  That can add a month or so to my journey since we would need to find an available date and time for the session that can't even be scheduled prior to visa in hand.  That is why I am simply aiming for July since that is a serious deadline that can really impact the time required to all be together as a family.

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
22 minutes ago, DandY said:

small trend recently with Brazilian visas in hand 55-60 days after NOA2 date.. this is promising for me!!! :-) 

Just now, Deusebom said:

small trend recently with Brazilian visas in hand 55-60 days after NOA2 date.. this is promising for me!!! :-) 

I hope you can do it in 50!!!  

IMG_5168.jpeg

6 minutes ago, Kween said:

Dyou have to make an appt? My fiance is ib Haiti can he do a walk in for the interview ?

Are you talking about the visa interview after you get your NOA2 and go through all the NVC stuff? Because if so, then yes, very much definitely yes he'll need to make an appointment and when NVC receives your case and you can start the DS160 and all that, that's when you'll be able to make the appointment. :) It would be utter chaos at the embassies otherwise, I'd imagine, if visas were all just walk in appointments :P

Met Online : 1/16/15

Met In Person : 10/15/16

Flew to NZ and Proposed : 3/6/17

I-129F Submitted : 6/22/17

NOA1 : 6/26/17

Visit to US : 8/28/17

NOA2 : 1/24/18

NVC Received Case : 2/5/18

Forwarded to Auckland : 2/6/18

Packet 3 Received : 2/6/18

Packet 3 Completed : 3/1/18

Packet 4 Received : 3/9/18

Interview : 5/8/18 - APPROVED? Not officially, but yes, per CO...

4 minutes ago, Kween said:

Yes after noa2...i heard that the embassy gives you a date that is months away

In my case (Philippines), it can be a couple months after NOA2 before the interview.  The quickest I've heard so far is 37 days.

IMG_5168.jpeg

1 minute ago, Kween said:

Yes after noa2...i heard that the embassy gives you a date that is months away

I think a lot of it is dependent on the specific embassy, and also, on how prepared you are when it comes time for the NVC stuff after you get the NOA2. If everything's prepped as much as possible in advance, you can snag the earliest interview slot made available to you, and not have to wait longer for one. You can check the reviews for your embassy, and it'll lead you to the timelines of people who've recently interviewed there. From there, you can get an idea of how long from NOA2 to interview they were. 

http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=256938

It looks like that person went through the process from the embassy receiving their case to interview in about 5 weeks ish

http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/index.php?cnty=Haiti&cty=&dfilter=5

there's the main review site for the Haiti Embassy :)

19 hours ago, KateWB said:

Looks like I will need to do that. As there is no way to access the mail at my old address and Royal Mail will not redirect packages like that! Roll on receiving the NOA2 for me to be able to contact them to change my address!!

Royal Mail redirects anything if you've set it up. I just moved to the other side of the UK and any letters or parcels are redirected to your new address. I think I did 12 months for £60. So you should easily be able to get your mail from your old address. 

1 minute ago, John & Rose said:

In my case (Philippines), it can be a couple months after NOA2 before the interview.  The quickest I've heard so far is 37 days.

I've heard a lot of people say the Philippines embassy is super busy, a few of the nurses I work with came through that embassy :( The last person I saw review in New Zealand lucked out at 26 days, and I'm fingers crossed that stays true whenever we finally all get our NOA2s, but if I held my breath on any part of this process moving quick I would have passed out and busted my head a long time ago XD

1 minute ago, Kween said:

Omg..and what is the D160 about?

That's the next step in the process. All the 129f is, is your petition as the US citizen to start the process for a visa. Once the NOA2 is received, the case goes to the National Visa Center (NVC) to be forwarded to the local embassy in Haiti. As soon as you get your NVC case number you can start processing the DS160, which is the application for the Visa.

https://ceac.state.gov/GenNIV/Default.aspx

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.