stellamahoo

I-129f June 2017 filers (merged)

6,570 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, KateWB said:

Well being a federal republic and being part of Europe I thought that would make you part of the EU! I apologise for that 

We are a bit of a special case, no worries. ;) At least you didn't confuse it with Sweden like lots of people in the US do, that's always funny. 

6 minutes ago, KateWB said:

That would be amazing. Did you see my previous question? 

regarding me the beneficiary changing address since NOA1 has been received. I'm concerned what with the NOA2 date coming up hopefully soon and a package I'm meant to receive. My fiancé the petitioner is currently serving on deployment overseas so he has limited access to do anything about this. Is there anything I can do? 

Address changes are pretty straight forward with USCIS.  I believe there is a link directly for that.  I know I saw that somewhere.  This has come up before and I lurk all the time!!!  I will find out which forum I was in.

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Just now, Catseal said:

We are a bit of a special case, no worries. ;) At least you didn't confuse it with Sweden like lots of people in the US do, that's always funny. 

I love your meatballs!!!!  LOL  Sorry, I couldn't resist.  

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
15 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

Tracker here shows your anticipated dates at between Oct 22 and 26.  I think that somewhere between 140 and 150 days is a very good estimate.

John, you woke up with a streak of optimism!

3 minutes ago, DandY said:

John, you woke up with a streak of optimism!

I have to take advantage of those few moments of optimism that I can muster!!!  Deep down I'm worried about getting through this and married before AJ's 18th birthday in July!!!  That would really suck and change the entire K-2 process for us...

Thanks!!!!  I'm back to my old pessimistic self now....  LOL

Edited by John & Rose

IMG_5168.jpeg

20 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

Address changes are pretty straight forward with USCIS.  I believe there is a link directly for that.  I know I saw that somewhere.  This has come up before and I lurk all the time!!!  I will find out which forum I was in.

I know there's a way to change the address of the petitioner, but most everything/everyone I've seen talk about changing the address of the beneficiary waits till they receive the NOA2, then contacts the NVC to change it over the phone or by email, while it's still in transit

Met Online : 1/16/15

Met In Person : 10/15/16

Flew to NZ and Proposed : 3/6/17

I-129F Submitted : 6/22/17

NOA1 : 6/26/17

Visit to US : 8/28/17

NOA2 : 1/24/18

NVC Received Case : 2/5/18

Forwarded to Auckland : 2/6/18

Packet 3 Received : 2/6/18

Packet 3 Completed : 3/1/18

Packet 4 Received : 3/9/18

Interview : 5/8/18 - APPROVED? Not officially, but yes, per CO...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
52 minutes ago, KateWB said:

I'm from the United Kingdom! Nice to meet someone in the EU too! I've not worked out the tracker but the estimated time for receiving the NOA2 was October 3rd-13th

I'm from uk too! I filed June 30th 

its so frustrating 

Timeline
1 minute ago, Britanee7 said:

its so frustrating 

Yes, we all fell in love and filed on the wrong timeline. We should have all been smart enough to do it a year ago. :P

Timeline
1 minute ago, DandY said:

Yes, we all fell in love and filed on the wrong timeline. We should have all been smart enough to do it a year ago. :P

Agreed! We fell in love January and we where going to file in April however we had the wrong forms. So it was delayed. 

If we had of filed then we would have the NOA2 by now :(.

where in the uk? How you meet your partner? 

I miss mine so much!!

IMG_4259.PNG

Timeline
1 hour ago, Catseal said:

I'm English. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, MM&CS said:

I know there's a way to change the address of the petitioner, but most everything/everyone I've seen talk about changing the address of the beneficiary waits till they receive the NOA2, then contacts the NVC to change it over the phone or by email, while it's still in transit

Looks like I will need to do that. As there is no way to access the mail at my old address and Royal Mail will not redirect packages like that! Roll on receiving the NOA2 for me to be able to contact them to change my address!!

953 to 941 on Igor's list overnight!!!  Date slipped from Oct 31 to November 2.  If we hit November 6 it will be a full 2 month slip from the original estimate.  Well, it always looked like it was a 5 month wait.  I just hope it doesn't slip too many more months.  Rose's son turns 18 in July and we have to be married and file for the change in status before that or he has to leave the states and wait for Rose's green card before we can apply to get him back!!!

IMG_5168.jpeg

Timeline
4 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

953 to 941 on Igor's list overnight!!!  Date slipped from Oct 31 to November 2.  If we hit November 6 it will be a full 2 month slip from the original estimate.  Well, it always looked like it was a 5 month wait.  I just hope it doesn't slip too many more months.  Rose's son turns 18 in July and we have to be married and file for the change in status before that or he has to leave the states and wait for Rose's green card before we can apply to get him back!!!

I'm June 5, and I think 3 or so weeks ago my calculations put me at a likely target of November 4 (which is Saturday so roll to Nov. 6) +/- a few days. I'm still think I'm going to be close to accurate. One thing I figured out pretty quickly (and have been saying) is that the algorithm used here (VJ) is VERY unsophisticated and cannot adjust very quickly to unusual events like these. I have been warning not to put faith in the VJ date as you will just be frustrated and disappointed (Yes, I know you know this John, just talking to all the thread readers). 

Just my opinion here, I think 152 to 154 days is a reasonable target for early June filers and late June filers *might* be an average of 146 days. I would say that if anyone is still holding out hope for Christmas, for your sanity and anger management, abandon it now. The ONLY possible way for that to happen is USCIS make family Visas VERY important, which they are not going to do.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.