stellamahoo

I-129f June 2017 filers (merged)

6,570 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, MM&CS said:

So, in an attempt to distract myself from the fact that they're still not looking at June applications (XD) I've been focusing on other things, like getting house repairs done despite the heat and taking my doggos to my sister's daily to try and get them used to her cat (I have two english mastiffs that've never seen a cat in their lives, and my fiancee will be bringing her cat with her when she comes, and I'm pretty sure it's not an auspicious start to a happily ever after if my dogs accidentally squished her cat in an "OMG SMOL TINY THING WE MUST SNIFF AND PLAY WITH" excitement...)

So here's my question to you guys cause I just thought of this today

When they arrive at your local airport, whether you're with them, or waiting to pick them up, do you have something planned for their 'first' thing in the states after all this waiting and stress? The first time I ever saw my fiancee in person, I had picked up Ferrentino's deep dish pizza on my way to pick her up from the airport, and she comments so often on how she misses proper deep dish pizza, so before we make that 4 hour drive from O'Hare, I'm going to surprise her with her favorite pizza cause I'm an absolute goof XD Anybody else have anything silly/funny like that? :)

I love the deep dish pizza idea!!!  I am planning on being with them but I have a friend with a van that will pick us up.  My future step daughter loves food more than any other human I have ever met.  I love the idea of having that deep dish pizza waiting for us when we arrive!  I am trying to come up with ways to make this transition as easy for them as possible.  

I've said it before, the fact that they are all willing to leave their comfort zone, family and friends to come to a strange country 9000 miles away with nothing that they can't fit into a couple 50 pound suitcases is very humbling to me.  Yes, they will have better opportunities here but they are leaving the life that they have had since birth just to be with me.  They are starting a new life half way around the globe from there they come from.  I want to make this as happy and as comfortable as possible for them.  I know my future wife will be fine but she has two teenagers that are joining her who have never even been on a plane before.  I can't imagine what they are and will be thinking as we get closer.  Deep dish pizza will go a very long way to making us all comfortable!!!

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
23 minutes ago, MM&CS said:

You look so happy together! :D I was reading in the May forum that April is a big month for applications, so theoretically, maybe things will start to go a little more efficiently now that they're nearing the end of April/beginning of May. I noticed a lot more approvals per day the last few days, it seems, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed for all of us! I know what you mean about the 12 hour flights too, my fiancee is in New Zealand and that is the longest 20+ hours of travel I've ever experienced, but it was all so worth it and went so quickly knowing she was at the other end. We're hoping the next flight one of us takes, we'll both be together for, and I'm hoping the same thing for you! :D

thanks !  I love this photo. (but I am biased I guess lol) I had an amazing time  but it was way too short. by the time i got adjusted i had to leave and i honestly feel like it was a dream and i was never even there.  i never had time to settle in my surroundings..... BUT i look forward to exploring more of Rio and other places in Brazil's with Jorge.  I am remaining optimistic as well about May's applications.  new Zealand is so far!!!!!!!  yes I cant wait to travel back to Rio with Jorge AND my son , God willing many times since we have an incredible family there.  thanks for your support !  :-)

Just now, John & Rose said:

I love the deep dish pizza idea!!!  I am planning on being with them but I have a friend with a van that will pick us up.  My future step daughter loves food more than any other human I have ever met.  I love the idea of having that deep dish pizza waiting for us when we arrive!  I am trying to come up with ways to make this transition as easy for them as possible.  

I've said it before, the fact that they are all willing to leave their comfort zone, family and friends to come to a strange country 9000 miles away with nothing that they can't fit into a couple 50 pound suitcases is very humbling to me.  Yes, they will have better opportunities here but they are leaving the life that they have had since birth just to be with me.  They are starting a new life half way around the globe from there they come from.  I want to make this as happy and as comfortable as possible for them.  I know my future wife will be fine but she has two teenagers that are joining her who have never even been on a plane before.  I can't imagine what they are and will be thinking as we get closer.  Deep dish pizza will go a very long way to making us all comfortable!!!

If nothing else, deep dish pizza will also go a long way after all that travel to making the drive home a sleepy one :P

I was planning on being with her for the interview in Auckland, but I'm going to ask her if she'd prefer I come for a week before she moves, and then fly in with her instead. Either way we'll be loading two suitcases down for me to bring back with me with some of her stuff XD

It absolutely blows my mind daily that she's willing to move to the other side of the world to be with me. She says she'll be fine because she was a foreign exchange student in japan in highschool, so at least she doesn't have to learn a new language here (yes, yes you will, babe...we live in the middle of the country in a northern state that truly believes that part of it is very very deep south. It is an entirely different language sometimes XD ) but that doesn't mean I won't be stocking up on marmite and tomato sauce and bribing our mutual friend to ship things over from time to time for a taste of home for her. And we're planning on that friend and her husband coming for her birthday next year as a surprise, fingers crossed that all works out!

I'm sure as long as the teens don't have a fear of flight, the excitement will probably carry them through the flight and keep them wide awake, and then full of good pizza they'll probably sleep for days XD I just kinda lurk on here and obsessively stalk Igor's list for the most part, but I'm totally confident in saying that you're gonna make their transition a lot easier, and help them through the homesickness that'll kick in :)

Met Online : 1/16/15

Met In Person : 10/15/16

Flew to NZ and Proposed : 3/6/17

I-129F Submitted : 6/22/17

NOA1 : 6/26/17

Visit to US : 8/28/17

NOA2 : 1/24/18

NVC Received Case : 2/5/18

Forwarded to Auckland : 2/6/18

Packet 3 Received : 2/6/18

Packet 3 Completed : 3/1/18

Packet 4 Received : 3/9/18

Interview : 5/8/18 - APPROVED? Not officially, but yes, per CO...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
30 minutes ago, MM&CS said:

So, in an attempt to distract myself from the fact that they're still not looking at June applications (XD) I've been focusing on other things, like getting house repairs done despite the heat and taking my doggos to my sister's daily to try and get them used to her cat (I have two english mastiffs that've never seen a cat in their lives, and my fiancee will be bringing her cat with her when she comes, and I'm pretty sure it's not an auspicious start to a happily ever after if my dogs accidentally squished her cat in an "OMG SMOL TINY THING WE MUST SNIFF AND PLAY WITH" excitement...)

So here's my question to you guys cause I just thought of this today

When they arrive at your local airport, whether you're with them, or waiting to pick them up, do you have something planned for their 'first' thing in the states after all this waiting and stress? The first time I ever saw my fiancee in person, I had picked up Ferrentino's deep dish pizza on my way to pick her up from the airport, and she comments so often on how she misses proper deep dish pizza, so before we make that 4 hour drive from O'Hare, I'm going to surprise her with her favorite pizza cause I'm an absolute goof XD Anybody else have anything silly/funny like that? :)

its so funny you asked this because I literally thought about this last night!!!! depending on the situation with my 2 year old, and the airport Jorge will be arriving in and more importantly, the time, I was thinking about doing the Baltimore Aquarium with him before driving back to Harrisburg, PA ( its a about 1.5 hours - not bad at all, and MUCH cheaper to fly into BWI than to my local Harrisburg airport...) I was thinking wow this would be great to do with Jorge when he first gets here and my 2 year old!   so we will see....... :-)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
33 minutes ago, MM&CS said:

do you have something planned for their 'first' thing in the states after all this waiting and stress? 

Yes.

But I can say no more or my fiancee will read it here. :P

2 minutes ago, MM&CS said:

If nothing else, deep dish pizza will also go a long way after all that travel to making the drive home a sleepy one :P

I was planning on being with her for the interview in Auckland, but I'm going to ask her if she'd prefer I come for a week before she moves, and then fly in with her instead. Either way we'll be loading two suitcases down for me to bring back with me with some of her stuff XD

It absolutely blows my mind daily that she's willing to move to the other side of the world to be with me. She says she'll be fine because she was a foreign exchange student in japan in highschool, so at least she doesn't have to learn a new language here (yes, yes you will, babe...we live in the middle of the country in a northern state that truly believes that part of it is very very deep south. It is an entirely different language sometimes XD ) but that doesn't mean I won't be stocking up on marmite and tomato sauce and bribing our mutual friend to ship things over from time to time for a taste of home for her. And we're planning on that friend and her husband coming for her birthday next year as a surprise, fingers crossed that all works out!

I'm sure as long as the teens don't have a fear of flight, the excitement will probably carry them through the flight and keep them wide awake, and then full of good pizza they'll probably sleep for days XD I just kinda lurk on here and obsessively stalk Igor's list for the most part, but I'm totally confident in saying that you're gonna make their transition a lot easier, and help them through the homesickness that'll kick in :)

My drive from O'Hare is only 15 minutes!!!!  I went to school at WIU so I know what you mean about mid and souther Illinois!  It can certainly feel like different states at different times.  I hate the politics here but I love the state and Chicago!  

We do have a Jolibee's here (a staple in the Philippines) so I can get them a taste of home via familiar fast food when I see they need that.  I hope they don't miss their version of spaghetti.  It is dessert sweet with what they call Filipino hot dogs in it!!!  They are soft and nasty.  I can't wait to see what they think of the Chicago dog with all 11 toppings!

Anyway you look at it, life is amazing.  We all found love from as far as half way around the world and with all of our cultural differences, we are still all the same.

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Catseal said:

Switzerland! Not sure if the USCIS App / tracker is including the start day in this count though.

I'm from the United Kingdom! Nice to meet someone in the EU too! I've not worked out the tracker but the estimated time for receiving the NOA2 was October 3rd-13th

2 minutes ago, KateWB said:

I'm from the United Kingdom! Nice to meet someone in the EU too! I've not worked out the tracker but the estimated time for receiving the NOA2 was October 3rd-13th

Tracker here shows your anticipated dates at between Oct 22 and 26.  I think that somewhere between 140 and 150 days is a very good estimate.

IMG_5168.jpeg

Switzerland is not in the EU haha, but I guess that doesn't matter much for the UK either much longer :whistle:;) nice to meet you too!

The tracker App doesn't give an estimated time for NOA2, but the forum puts our estimated receipt time at 22-26 of October, and given that the timeline moves every day one day, that seems optimistic even...

May I ask where are you getting your estimate from?

Timeline

That would be amazing. Did you see my previous question? 

regarding me the beneficiary changing address since NOA1 has been received. I'm concerned what with the NOA2 date coming up hopefully soon and a package I'm meant to receive. My fiancé the petitioner is currently serving on deployment overseas so he has limited access to do anything about this. Is there anything I can do? 

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Catseal said:

Switzerland is not in the EU haha, but I guess that doesn't matter much for the UK either much longer :whistle:;) nice to meet you too!

The tracker App doesn't give an estimated time for NOA2, but the forum puts our estimated receipt time at 22-26 of October, and given that the timeline moves every day one day, that seems optimistic even...

May I ask where are you getting your estimate from?

Well being a federal republic and being part of Europe I thought that would make you part of the EU! I apologise for that 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.