stellamahoo

I-129f June 2017 filers (merged)

6,570 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, Hadassah123 said:

I know the feeling! I returned last week from a 3 week visit to the US and I miss him more than ever too. Seeing my future house (the one I'll move in to where he's already living) was great. I didn't mind the California weather either. The Dutch weather hasn't been very welcoming in the last week.

Hoping to see some approvals today for March/April and the start of May!

Yes. It was bitter sweet. I lived with my future family and really became one of them. There are a lot of sisters, nieces, nephews in the area and we were all together. It was amazing. Now I am back home alone and missing them all so badly. I dream of the day that I bring them all home. 

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

The estimated approval date for the second step (NOA2) keeps changing and as usual, it's making me anxious. Lol. I was really hopinh we'd be together by December. That would be the best gift I'll get for Christmas. ❤️

Anyone here who has an idea why it's taking them so long? 😭 Is there a way to expedite this?

Edited by SM2017

Filed/Sent  i-129F: 06.26.17

NOA1: 06.30.17

RFE Received: 01.16.18

RFE Sent: 01.23.18

RFE Response Received: 01.24.18

NOA2: 01.31.18

NVC File Received: 02.08.18

NVC Case Number Assigned: 02.09.18

NVC Status "at NVC": 02.09.18

NVC Status "in Transit": 02.15.18

NVC Status "Ready": 02.16.18

Medical: 02.20.18 - Got the packet! :)

NBI Clearance: 02.27.18

CFO: 02.26.18

Interview: 03.12.18 --- Passed!

VOH: 03.16.18

POE: 04.02.18

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 minutes ago, SM2017 said:

The estimated approval date for the second step (NOA2) keeps changing and as usual, it's making me anxious. Lol. I was really hopinh we'd be together by December. That would be the best gift I'll get for Christmas. ❤️

Anyone here who has an idea why it's taking them so long? 😭 Is there a way to expedite this?

Most June filers have pretty much given up on Christmas.

There are many comments in this thread and other threads (like the March 2017 I-129F) about why the delay for us.

Most do not qualify for expedite as usually it has to be humanitarian reason or disaster.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
On ‎9‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 10:59 PM, toothpicks said:

Does anyone have plans to visit their SO in the meanwhile? We were hoping he'd be here by December, but after seeing all the delays and knowing it takes about two months from NOA2 to interview date at the Ankara embassy (plus the fear of Administrative Processing...), I booked a flight to see my fiancé in December! Right after my finals. This has become our new countdown, and makes every day that goes by a bit more exciting. I haven't seen him since January.

I wish I could.. I have a 2 year old.( I cannot take him with me because of the approval of and the paperwork involved with my son's father since we share custody)  this is frustrating on many levels but my son is so young so I wouldn't take him anyway...

I visited my SO for the first time the end of May this year.. I was only there for 4 days (rio de janeiro) because I of being away from my ( at that time 18 month old) . it was very difficult to leave him but it had to be done.  with the regulations in Brazil, it was impossible for my fiancé to obtain a visitors visa to America.

I quickly filed less than a week after my return to PA, and recvd NOA1 June 6th...  

Because I cannot leave my son again, I will not be able to visit my fiancé before receiving NOA2 or before an interview... this is very very difficult for me.  I wish there was a way that I could. even for one day. I wouldn't even care. the flight is 12 hours but I would do it in a heartbeat.

this group has really given me a lot of support just reading through threads . feeling so close since we are all in similar situations.   I am praying the Lord doesn't make us wait to terribly long, I trust His plan for my family.

God bless you all.

Edited by Deusebom

4 minutes ago, Deusebom said:

I wish I could.. I have a 2 year old.( I cannot take him with me because of the approval of and the paperwork involved with my son's father since we share custody)  this is frustrating on many levels but my son is so young so I wouldn't take him anyway...

I visited my SO for the first time the end of May this year.. I was only there for 4 days (rio de janeiro) because I have of being away from my ( at that time 18 month old) . it was very difficult to leave him but it had to be done.  with the regulations in Brazil, it was impossible for my fiancé to obtain a visitors visa to America.

I quickly filed less than a week after my return to PA, and recvd NOA1 June 6th...  

Because I cannot leave my son again, I will not be able to visit my fiancé before receiving NOA2 or before an interview... this is very very difficult for me.  I wish there was a way that I could. even for one day. I wouldn't even care. the flights is 12 hours but I would do it in a heartbeat.

this group has really given me a lot of support just reading through threads . feeling so close since we are all in similar situations.   I am praying the Lord doesn't make us wait to terrible long, I trust His plan for my family.

God bless you all.

You are certainly not alone here.  We are all one big family all hoping that we all get through this journey relatively unscathed.  We have the same NOA1 date.  I hope we both hear something soon.

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Timeline
1 minute ago, John & Rose said:

You are certainly not alone here.  We are all one big family all hoping that we all get through this journey relatively unscathed.  We have the same NOA1 date.  I hope we both hear something soon.

John & Rose, one thing I found reassuring is that according to the most recent approved NOA2s in Brazil (not sure which consulates)  the interviews have been scheduled only 40 days after NOA2 date... 

4 minutes ago, Deusebom said:

John & Rose, one thing I found reassuring is that according to the most recent approved NOA2s in Brazil (not sure which consulates)  the interviews have been scheduled only 40 days after NOA2 date... 

That is a very good thing!  Once everything clears the NVC, we have a lot of control how fast things move.  I am hoping for the same from the Philippines but we will simply get the first available slot and be happy we have made it to that point!

IMG_5168.jpeg

Timeline
31 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

That is a very good thing!  Once everything clears the NVC, we have a lot of control how fast things move.  I am hoping for the same from the Philippines but we will simply get the first available slot and be happy we have made it to that point!

agreed!   thank you for being so active in this group. its fun to follow your story and learn from you !

3 minutes ago, Deusebom said:

agreed!   thank you for being so active in this group. its fun to follow your story and learn from you !

I am only passing on what I have learned from others.  I came here without a clue what to do or what was going on.  I thank you for the compliment but it goes out to all of the people here who went before us.  Without their information I would be lost.

IMG_5168.jpeg

Timeline
Just now, John & Rose said:

I am only passing on what I have learned from others.  I came here without a clue what to do or what was going on.  I thank you for the compliment but it goes out to all of the people here who went before us.  Without their information I would be lost.

understood completely - and likewise- im learning a lot from reading other forums (even a long explanation from a former employee with USCIS application processing years ago, who explained ALOT) 

my love.jpg

1 minute ago, Deusebom said:

understood completely - and likewise- im learning a lot from reading other forums (even a long explanation from a former employee with USCIS application processing years ago, who explained ALOT) 

my love.jpg

That is a beautiful picture!!!  Soon we will all be with our loved ones!

IMG_5168.jpeg

2 hours ago, Deusebom said:

my love.jpg

You look so happy together! :D I was reading in the May forum that April is a big month for applications, so theoretically, maybe things will start to go a little more efficiently now that they're nearing the end of April/beginning of May. I noticed a lot more approvals per day the last few days, it seems, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed for all of us! I know what you mean about the 12 hour flights too, my fiancee is in New Zealand and that is the longest 20+ hours of travel I've ever experienced, but it was all so worth it and went so quickly knowing she was at the other end. We're hoping the next flight one of us takes, we'll both be together for, and I'm hoping the same thing for you! :D

Met Online : 1/16/15

Met In Person : 10/15/16

Flew to NZ and Proposed : 3/6/17

I-129F Submitted : 6/22/17

NOA1 : 6/26/17

Visit to US : 8/28/17

NOA2 : 1/24/18

NVC Received Case : 2/5/18

Forwarded to Auckland : 2/6/18

Packet 3 Received : 2/6/18

Packet 3 Completed : 3/1/18

Packet 4 Received : 3/9/18

Interview : 5/8/18 - APPROVED? Not officially, but yes, per CO...

So, in an attempt to distract myself from the fact that they're still not looking at June applications (XD) I've been focusing on other things, like getting house repairs done despite the heat and taking my doggos to my sister's daily to try and get them used to her cat (I have two english mastiffs that've never seen a cat in their lives, and my fiancee will be bringing her cat with her when she comes, and I'm pretty sure it's not an auspicious start to a happily ever after if my dogs accidentally squished her cat in an "OMG SMOL TINY THING WE MUST SNIFF AND PLAY WITH" excitement...)

So here's my question to you guys cause I just thought of this today

When they arrive at your local airport, whether you're with them, or waiting to pick them up, do you have something planned for their 'first' thing in the states after all this waiting and stress? The first time I ever saw my fiancee in person, I had picked up Ferrentino's deep dish pizza on my way to pick her up from the airport, and she comments so often on how she misses proper deep dish pizza, so before we make that 4 hour drive from O'Hare, I'm going to surprise her with her favorite pizza cause I'm an absolute goof XD Anybody else have anything silly/funny like that? :)

Met Online : 1/16/15

Met In Person : 10/15/16

Flew to NZ and Proposed : 3/6/17

I-129F Submitted : 6/22/17

NOA1 : 6/26/17

Visit to US : 8/28/17

NOA2 : 1/24/18

NVC Received Case : 2/5/18

Forwarded to Auckland : 2/6/18

Packet 3 Received : 2/6/18

Packet 3 Completed : 3/1/18

Packet 4 Received : 3/9/18

Interview : 5/8/18 - APPROVED? Not officially, but yes, per CO...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.