stellamahoo

I-129f June 2017 filers (merged)

6,570 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Tim & Tiff said:

Just hoping to move by end January 2018.

Do you think this is realistic?

That should be doable. Make sure everything is in place and ready for the interview. I'm not familiar with scheduling in Armenia.  If you can schedule the interview as soon as you get the tracking number from NVC you should have a good idea on when you will be able to move. 

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Day 111 here!!!

So, today I hope they are going to start with may filers....

Positive vibes yall

5/27/2017: I-129F sent to USCIS

5/30/2017: Received by USCIS

6/8/2017: Received our NOA1 hard copy via mail; NOA1 Hard Copy Receipt Date: 5/30/2017

11/29/2017: NOA2 Notification via USCS App 
12/04/2017: NOA2 Hard Copy Received 
01/11/2018: NVC Received I-129F 
01/12/2018: Case Number Received

01/19/2018: NVC Left
01/19/2018: Embassy Received. 
01/22/2018: Received NVC letter hard copy from NVC
02/05/2018: Medical
02/21/2018: Interview and approved!

03/06/2018: Visa in Hand
xx/xx/2018: POE at Fort Lauderdale Airport

xx/xx/2018: Married to my Love!          

NOA2 to NVC time tracker - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1k57PdywNRpUqytomJxMzz6_7DsMqpi52DgnaYt9FyC8/edit?usp=sharing

3 minutes ago, Tim & Tiff said:

Thanks John - fingers crossed!

I'm coming from UK not Armenia though so have updated lol

Ah!!!  If your timeline stays as it is, the end of October will be the NOA2.  Then end of November for NVC with the embassy getting paperwork by early December.  Hopefully schedule the interview for early January.  Maybe 10 days from interview to visa in hand...  All these are estimates but they seem somewhat reasonable.  I am just interpolating from what I have read here.  I believe for the Philippines it is possible to get the interview as soon as 45 days after NOA2.  Every country is different.

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
1 hour ago, John & Rose said:

Ah!!!  If your timeline stays as it is, the end of October will be the NOA2.  Then end of November for NVC with the embassy getting paperwork by early December.  Hopefully schedule the interview for early January.  Maybe 10 days from interview to visa in hand...  All these are estimates but they seem somewhat reasonable.  I am just interpolating from what I have read here.  I believe for the Philippines it is possible to get the interview as soon as 45 days after NOA2.  Every country is different.

@Tim & Tiff Even brighter than the VJ estimates, look at this recent approval - 37 days from NOA2 to a London interview (Yay!)

http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=262620

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Myanmar
Timeline

Two more months to wait for NOA2! hahahhah

K1 FIANCE VISA
Met Thru Christian Dating Site - January 29, 2017
Engagement Ceremony - April 12, 2017
Packet sent - May 30, 2017
NOA 1 - June 2, 2017 (Hard Copy - June 6, 2017)
NOA 2 - November 29, 2017

NVC - January 12, 2018 (received); January 19, 2018 (in transit); January 23, 2018 (ready)

MEDICAL - February 9, 2018 (conducted exam); February 12, 2018 (approved)

INTERVIEW - February 26, 2018 (approved)

VISA ON HAND - March 7, 2018

CFO - March 22, 2018

POE -  April 17, 2018

SSN - April 27, 2018

WEDDING - May 28, 2018

ADJUSTMENT STATUS

Packet sent - June 24, 2018

NOA1 - July 2, 2018

Biometric - July 26, 2018

EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION

NOA1 - July 2, 2018

Approved - October 12, 2018

TRAVEL DOCUMENT

NOA1 - July 2, 2018

Approved - October 12, 2018

STATE ID - July 11, 2018

DRIVERS LICENSE - December 28, 2018

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Does anyone have plans to visit their SO in the meanwhile? We were hoping he'd be here by December, but after seeing all the delays and knowing it takes about two months from NOA2 to interview date at the Ankara embassy (plus the fear of Administrative Processing...), I booked a flight to see my fiancé in December! Right after my finals. This has become our new countdown, and makes every day that goes by a bit more exciting. I haven't seen him since January.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
19 minutes ago, toothpicks said:

Does anyone have plans to visit their SO in the meanwhile? We were hoping he'd be here by December, but after seeing all the delays and knowing it takes about two months from NOA2 to interview date at the Ankara embassy (plus the fear of Administrative Processing...), I booked a flight to see my fiancé in December! Right after my finals. This has become our new countdown, and makes every day that goes by a bit more exciting. I haven't seen him since January.

Enjoy your trip yes it helps for the interview process to prove continuing relationship.

I filed petition in May. Thought approved by early August 3 months so bought ticket for late august hoping to be with her during interview

That did not happen. Trip over and still waiting NOA 2

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
1 hour ago, toothpicks said:

Hey consulate buddy! I'm going out to Istanbul for a long weekend in October to see my fiancé. I was hoping that I could wait and make the trip out for the interview a longer one, but I got impatient. This makes our four trip this year. Also, it seems like administrative processing is relatively rare for Turkish nationals, but almost standard for Iranian or Syrian applicants in Ankara. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
1 hour ago, LabOz said:

Enjoy your trip yes it helps for the interview process to prove continuing relationship.

I filed petition in May. Thought approved by early August 3 months so bought ticket for late august hoping to be with her during interview

That did not happen. Trip over and still waiting NOA 2

I've been following your progress in the April thread. I hope you get your NOA2 soon! It seems like USCIS is really wrapping up a lot of loose ends there, so I think your chances are good.

14 minutes ago, Jessica829 said:

Hey consulate buddy! I'm going out to Istanbul for a long weekend in October to see my fiancé. I was hoping that I could wait and make the trip out for the interview a longer one, but I got impatient. This makes our four trip this year. Also, it seems like administrative processing is relatively rare for Turkish nationals, but almost standard for Iranian or Syrian applicants in Ankara. 

Oh wow, hi!! And we're both from California, too :D That's such a long trip to make for just a weekend, but I'm sure it'll be worth it. I'm going to stay around a month from mid-December to mid-January and it'll be our fifth visit together, but I'll be flying out again whenever he has his interview scheduled. I want to be as supportive as I can and hopefully the amount of visits, plus my existence (even if just outside of the embassy!) during the interview will make it smoother. My fiancé is Syrian so I'm really worried, but he also has residency in Turkey since he's a student there, so we're really crossing all of our fingers here.

If we have our interviews scheduled the same day, we might unknowingly bump into your fiancé at the embassy too :jest: Your NOA2 is just eleven days before us, so I'll be following your timeline!

Edited by toothpicks

5 hours ago, toothpicks said:

I am flying over next week and we were fortunate enough that my SO was able to visit several times already. Countdowns have helped, definitely. I am very excited! Just hope everything goes smooth at POE (it's the first time I will visit the US after filing). Shouldn't be a problem though,  judging from what people wrote in other threads. When I booked we hoped to receive our NO2 during my visit, but that's just wishful thinking at this point. I still somewhat hope for everything to magically speed up soon, but even if it does, moving in December (as we initially hoped and estimated for, like you) seems very optimistic at this point. 

Edited by Catseal

8 hours ago, toothpicks said:

I just got back to the states after visiting Rose in the Philippines. It was an amazing trip but now that I'm home, I miss them more than ever. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Netherlands
Timeline
1 hour ago, John & Rose said:

I just got back to the states after visiting Rose in the Philippines. It was an amazing trip but now that I'm home, I miss them more than ever. 

I know the feeling! I returned last week from a 3 week visit to the US and I miss him more than ever too. Seeing my future house (the one I'll move in to where he's already living) was great. I didn't mind the California weather either. The Dutch weather hasn't been very welcoming in the last week.

Hoping to see some approvals today for March/April and the start of May!

K1                                                                                            AoS                                                                                                                                 N-400

I-129F Received: 05-June-2017                                        AoS, EAD & AP Filed: 15-June-2018                                                                         N-400 Filed: 29-Sept-2020

NOA2: 09-January-2018                                                      NOA1 on all three: 27-June-2018                                                                             NOA1: 28-Sept-2020

NVC Received/Case #: 24-January-2018                         Biometrics: 20-July-2018                                                                                           Interview Date: 16-Feb-2021

Consulate Received: 02-February-2018                           Case Ready For Interview: 24-July-2018                                                                 Oath Ceremony: 18-Feb-2021

Interview: 13-March-2018                                                   EAD & AP Approvals: 18-October-2018                                                                   Expedited under section 319(b) - overseas military orders

VOH: 17-March-2018                                                           Interview Scheduled: 8-April-2019 / Rescheduled on 17-April-2019                  Biometrics re-used from AOS application. Skipped ROC

POE (LAX): 11-April-2018                                                    Interview Date: 28-April-2019 - APPROVED!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.