stellamahoo

I-129f June 2017 filers (merged)

6,570 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
3 hours ago, Ilovemyfamily17 said:

Hello my friend, any hope that in the middle of September the process can run fast like the others years?

I am not an authority and certainly no more "in the know" than anyone else. But, based upon the data, I would say it is very unlikely for that to occur, they would need to start working K1 cases at double the rate they have. I don't see what incentive they have to do that. Hopefully I'm wrong. But we will see.

Day 100.

5/27/2017: I-129F sent to USCIS

5/30/2017: Received by USCIS

6/8/2017: Received our NOA1 hard copy via mail; NOA1 Hard Copy Receipt Date: 5/30/2017

11/29/2017: NOA2 Notification via USCS App 
12/04/2017: NOA2 Hard Copy Received 
01/11/2018: NVC Received I-129F 
01/12/2018: Case Number Received

01/19/2018: NVC Left
01/19/2018: Embassy Received. 
01/22/2018: Received NVC letter hard copy from NVC
02/05/2018: Medical
02/21/2018: Interview and approved!

03/06/2018: Visa in Hand
xx/xx/2018: POE at Fort Lauderdale Airport

xx/xx/2018: Married to my Love!          

NOA2 to NVC time tracker - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1k57PdywNRpUqytomJxMzz6_7DsMqpi52DgnaYt9FyC8/edit?usp=sharing

Just now, DandY said:

So you're a May filer? So close to June you feel like one of us. ^_^

Yes. I check on both. My receive date is may 30 and my notice date is june 2 . So figured that I can be your alert, If I get approved before you  :P

6/8/2017: Received our NOA1 hard copy via mail; NOA1 Hard Copy Receipt Date: 5/30/2017

NOA2 to NVC time tracker - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1k57PdywNRpUqytomJxMzz6_7DsMqpi52DgnaYt9FyC8/edit?usp=sharing

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Lilly2302 said:

Yes. I check on both. My receive date is may 30 and my notice date is june 2 . So figured that I can be your alert, If I get approved before you  :P

OK, You are the June canary in the coal mine! 

Though they don't always process in order, but I'll be paying attention to yours! 

As an FYI, I think USCIS uses your notice date for the official date for SLA. So I think you are really a June filer.

Edited by DandY

22 minutes ago, DandY said:

OK, You are the June canary in the coal mine! 

Though they don't always process in order, but I'll be paying attention to yours! 

As an FYI, I think USCIS uses your notice date for the official date for SLA. So I think you are really a June filer.

I hope so!!!

And yes I think that too.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Cambodia
Timeline

I contacted and have heard back from the White House, seems not much I can do to get things moving along. I have an appointment at the local USCIS office next weekend. 

AjIr9Cp.jpgVBcIOnI.giftCxpVPB.gif19B8PJM.gifWJvjtpL.gifv0iSLWp.gif

2079070924_Webp.net-resizeimage(3).png.40aa360e06b2e929a52d4af17362bc4a.png

jDSUBz2.gif

20 minutes ago, Mimivitale said:

I'm a June  filler it's been almost 90 days ..anybody got their NO2 yet?? I'm hurting from been nervous 

Stop being nervous.  This is out of your hands. With the current trends, you still have 60 to 90 more days to wait. Be patient. We are all looking at 5 to 6 months for the NOA2. 

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Timeline
17 hours ago, Mimivitale said:

I'm a June  filler it's been almost 90 days ..anybody got their NO2 yet?? I'm hurting from been nervous 

As John said, no reason to be nervous. Reason to be angry? I can buy that. I've ranted enough about the slow down, so I won't again. But if you want something cathartic, go read around the March filers (around page 650 or so), they were getting really angry since they were the first ones that got impacted by the re-prioritization. One of them even thought about getting a news story since it wouldn't sound to good that the US Government prioritized the requests from foreign citizens to help foreign and US companies over the requests of U.S. Citizens to be with their spouses and loves. However, they got a bit scared to do that since a government that would do that might retaliate against them and it would take longer.

We just have to wait now.

Most of the March filers got theirs between 134-158 days. They do not work them it order, so it is quite possible someone days later than you will get theirs first. Looking at April filers, the ones that got theirs seem to be in the 130-something days but many have not got theirs yet, so it seems like the 134-158 day range is the "new normal" for the time being. This means we will be in a group that has waited longer for our fiancees that anyone in the last 2-3 year. Yay us (note the sarcasm).

I know this is silly, but I'm really bummed. My love and I share a common hobby and there is a major once a year event for our hobby the weekend before Thanksgiving that we hoped she would be here for it--we are June 5 notice so it was quite possible based upon processing history. That is obviously not going to happen so we have to wait another year for that. My second event was the corporate holiday party at the beginning of December. That looks pretty unlikely too. Now we are just crossing fingers for Christmas. Still possible , but it will be tight.

So, no need to be nervous, just patient. Our files are sitting somewhere in boxes or something waiting 150 days so they can be worked for 15 minutes and sent to NVC

Edited by DandY

Timeline

One other thing. :) I'm waiting to see the impact of this:

https://www.uscis.gov/news/uscis-resume-h-1b-premium-processing-certain-cap-exempt-petitions

Our slow down was the prioritization of H1b visas. This further prioritizes other types of h1b over us, so could negatively impact us even more. Additionally, any humanitarian visa for hurricane victims in this season will get priority (but can't really fault them for this!).

Thank you guys..atlist I'm not the only one I can't believe it's taking all this time though because last year a friend of mine did it in 5 months..he got his NO2 in one month ..but now I can't believe we have to wait 5 to 6 month it's sad😔😔

6 hours ago, Mimivitale said:

Thank you guys..atlist I'm not the only one I can't believe it's taking all this time though because last year a friend of mine did it in 5 months..he got his NO2 in one month ..but now I can't believe we have to wait 5 to 6 month it's sad😔😔

Hi Good evening. I am also from UAE (Dubai). My case took 126 days to be approved by USCIS. From USCIS, it took 17 days before it got transferred to NVC. From NVC, it took just 7 business days and it shows "READY" in CEAC. Are you having your interviw here in UAE or somewhere else?

K1 Visa Issued:             10-10-2017

----------------------------------------------------

AOS

I-485 Sent :                    01-16-2018

USCIS Received Date:  01-22-2018

Notice Date:                   01-25-2018

Biometrics Appt:           02-20-2018

Interview Appt:              05-07-2018 (Approved on the spot)

I-797 Notice:                  05-08-2018

Timeline
6 minutes ago, jaybeltisroy said:

Hi Good evening. I am also from UAE (Dubai). My case took 126 days to be approved by USCIS. From USCIS, it took 17 days before it got transferred to NVC. From NVC, it took just 7 business days and it shows "READY" in CEAC. Are you having your interviw here in UAE or somewhere else?

Congrats to you! You are one of the very few March filers that got in less than 130 days. Many had to wait a month longer than you. 

Edited by DandY

Just now, DandY said:

Congrats to you! You are one of the very few March filers that got in less than 130 days. Most had to wait a month longer than you. 

well yes i am very lucky for now :D There were march filers who waited 150 and if i am not mistaken there was even on filer who waited 170 days. I am just waiting for the appointment letter coming from the embassy so that we can book the interview. I hope it will not take that long coz some were able to receive the packet 3 after 2 months.

K1 Visa Issued:             10-10-2017

----------------------------------------------------

AOS

I-485 Sent :                    01-16-2018

USCIS Received Date:  01-22-2018

Notice Date:                   01-25-2018

Biometrics Appt:           02-20-2018

Interview Appt:              05-07-2018 (Approved on the spot)

I-797 Notice:                  05-08-2018

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.