stellamahoo

I-129f June 2017 filers (merged)

6,570 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Elaine282017 said:

This wait must be nerve wracking if your visitors already have tickets! I have the same problem like yours. My fiance though is in the Military and he will only get Christmas break,  so we really need to get married during that time, otherwise we dont know when we can get a chance. I know we will be qualified for expedite but he is still underway and cant request until he is back. 

Oh my goodness, I'm so sorry about that! I understand the stress. I hope for all of us that they will speed up the process. Thank you for your response! Let's keep our fingers crossed!

Just gave USCIS a call for any time of update. Apparently they are still working on cases from February. Had I know it would be this long I would have gotten married in Brazil and applied for the K3. My optimism of her getting here within the next year or so is getting pretty slim

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
35 minutes ago, Dekd22 said:

Just gave USCIS a call for any time of update. Apparently they are still working on cases from February. Had I know it would be this long I would have gotten married in Brazil and applied for the K3. My optimism of her getting here within the next year or so is getting pretty slim

Yes, given that the change in priorities has significantly impacted all of us here, we should have no optimism at all. 

But as many will tell you, the USCIS reported time is very inaccurate. One theory is they report the oldest case the are working on. VisaJourney members represent approximately 8% of the visa applications and in theory are a random sample of them so there should be a high correlation between VJ members and the population at large. That said, they are almost 50% of the way through April's K1 applications. So while it is true there are applications from February they are processing, they are much further along than that. Basically all we know is that there seems to be little logic to the processing and prediction is near impossible.

On a bright note (I guess), USCIS has always advertised its processing time as about 6 months. It is true that most of the time it has not taken that long, but anything less is within advertised processing times. A March filer did a nice historical analysis and he found that historically it is VERY RARE for an application to take more than 180 days. Right now predictions are running about 135 days for us. 

As a side rant that I have done before (sorry audience), I feel your frustration. If this were last June, we'd all be past NOA2 now. It also pains me because I have read how they process our applications and it could be almost entirely automated (automating work processes similar to the USCIS approval process is EXACTLY what I do for a living). I could reduce the time on task to process an application by at least 60% and possibly 80% (I'm extrapolating likely exception processing time from the little data on exceptions I have).

Good luck to us all and I'm sure none of us walks through life as happy campers right now.

1 hour ago, DandY said:

Yes, given that the change in priorities has significantly impacted all of us here, we should have no optimism at all. 

But as many will tell you, the USCIS reported time is very inaccurate. One theory is they report the oldest case the are working on. VisaJourney members represent approximately 8% of the visa applications and in theory are a random sample of them so there should be a high correlation between VJ members and the population at large. That said, they are almost 50% of the way through April's K1 applications. So while it is true there are applications from February they are processing, they are much further along than that. Basically all we know is that there seems to be little logic to the processing and prediction is near impossible.

On a bright note (I guess), USCIS has always advertised its processing time as about 6 months. It is true that most of the time it has not taken that long, but anything less is within advertised processing times. A March filer did a nice historical analysis and he found that historically it is VERY RARE for an application to take more than 180 days. Right now predictions are running about 135 days for us. 

As a side rant that I have done before (sorry audience), I feel your frustration. If this were last June, we'd all be past NOA2 now. It also pains me because I have read how they process our applications and it could be almost entirely automated (automating work processes similar to the USCIS approval process is EXACTLY what I do for a living). I could reduce the time on task to process an application by at least 60% and possibly 80% (I'm extrapolating likely exception processing time from the little data on exceptions I have).

Good luck to us all and I'm sure none of us walks through life as happy campers right now.

Just curious, is there any reasoning why it has become so slow? 

i know I can get through it as we have spent 9 months apart, it just sucks that we may have to wait that long if not longer 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
2 hours ago, DandY said:

You bet!!! LOL! I was actually looking for my shrink's phone number the other day. :D

Timeline
1 hour ago, Ilovemyfamily17 said:

where i read more about change in priorities ?

There was quite a bit about it in the March K1 thread. USCIS announced it early April (I wanna say April 5 was the announcement). It seems they decided to work the backlog of H1B visas. Nobody knows the reason. Could be because current administration threatened the foreign companies gaming the system, or could be because it is what big business wanted. But it did effectively put K1s and some other types on hold for over 1 month. There is some good info in the March thread, but I don't know of anyplace that has a concise summary, nor have I seen an official reason for it, but one of the guys in the March thread pulled the database and did find a significant decrease in H1B backlog and a significant increase in K1 backlog.

The part that saddens me is that I-129F and I-130 petitions are submitted by Americans (or lawful residents). It seems that requests of citizens for services should be the highest priority, not the lowest, I mean, let a few Indian companies wait to get more workers here so we can be with our loved ones sooner. :) But I know I'm a crazy dreamer!

Timeline
20 minutes ago, Catseal said:

Regarding the NOA1 date, did you all put in the Received Date or the Notice Date in your timelines? I am still unsure which is considered to be the NOA1 date.

Received Date. If you look at the USCIS system, that is the date they associate with your petition and when the SLA clock starts ticking.

Timeline
22 hours ago, brifreeman58 said:

Oh my goodness, I'm so sorry about that! I understand the stress. I hope for all of us that they will speed up the process. Thank you for your response! Let's keep our fingers crossed!

I am so happy when me and fiance got engaged because we have been going out for awhile. Being a military girlfriend plus the distance is totally a lot of work! Sad that this waiting time kinda ruins that excitement, plus the pressure of getting married on December. There was a lot of sleepless night since I cant really talk to him about this (he is underway). I did everything I could, I called the USCIS but they said they can only talk about the case to the petitioner, it was not the answer I wanted to hear but it gave me peace of mind that I tried. If I am you I would call and try to request for expedite, there is no harm in trying. These are the criteria for expedite. Maybe you can be under Severe financial loss to a person.

Expedite Criteria

USCIS reviews all expedite requests on a case-by-case basis and requests are granted at the discretion of the office leadership. The burden is on the applicant or petitioner to demonstrate that one or more of the expedite criteria have been met.

USCIS may expedite a petition or application if it meets one or more of the following criteria:

• Severe financial loss to company or person;
  • Emergency situation;
  • Humanitarian reasons;
  • Nonprofit organization whose request is in furtherance of the cultural and social interests of the United States;
  • Department of Defense or national interest situation (These particular expedite requests must come from an official U.S. government entity and state that delay will be detrimental to the government.);
  • USCIS error; or
  • Compelling interest of USCIS.

God Bless!

10 hours ago, DandY said:

Received Date. If you look at the USCIS system, that is the date they associate with your petition and when the SLA clock starts ticking.

We put in the Notice Date. When you fill out the timeline, there is a pop-up window indicating the NOA1 date is the Notice Date, but the example document where it shows where to find this date has a different style then the one we got (probably an outdated version). Either way, if it really is the Received Date (as it appears to be, according to the USCIS App too) our timeline just moved 4 days in the right direction. ^_^ 

On 9/4/2017 at 9:32 PM, brifreeman58 said:

Hi! Thank you for the response I realize I should have clarified better: If our visa doesn't get approved before our ceremony, we would NOT get legally married that day. Instead, we would have a commitment ceremony where we would not get legally married (and not apply for a marriage certificate, etc.). Just "married in the eyes of God" and have a day where we can celebrate with our friends and family. Sorry I realize my post may have been confusing haha! 

As another member state "be careful" as we have seen many who showed "innocent" photos of a "ceremony" but to the interviewing CO they interpreted that it was a "wedding" and declined the application. At that point the file is DEAD and returned to USCIS where it will disappear. You will not get a chance to explain. Done, over. Sad to say but it's the truth and what others have experienced. 

So, recommendation is to not show any pictures that look like a ceremony nor speak an such thing to the CO during your interview.

If you search VJ you will see lots of cases that have failed because of this same situation.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

I put the date that uscis says recived. I figure it will be more accurate....i sent of our paperwork June 19th however when I receivedthe noa1 by mail it says July 26,so I use the 26th

I'm praying for us all 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline
On ‎9‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 2:20 PM, brifreeman58 said:

Hi everyone, 

My fiancé is from Sweden, and we got our NOA1 on June 5th. Our wedding is set on December 16th, and now I'm nervous seeing all the delays here. I guess worst case scenario, my fiancé and I don't get legally married on December 16th but married "through God" on that day and wait until it gets approved. Does anybody else have this problem? We can't move the wedding because everyone has bought their tickets and we have payed for the wedding. 

Mine is from Sweden too :) We filed June 5th and got our NOA1 June 12th. We haven't made any wedding plans, because I was too afraid of delays or something messing it up. We plan on getting legally married one everything's done and approved, and then planning a later wedding. We hoped to be together for the holidays, at least by the end of the year, but I'm not sure if that will happen. :( Things have been moving backwards, it seems, and just generally delayed. I think this time of year is not the best time of year to apply; I'm not sure if it's just a slowdown in general because people go on vacation during the summer, or what. But it seemed people who applied beginning of the year moved much faster than mid-year applicants.

Best of luck to you! I would definitely put together a contingency plan, such as what you mentioned (having the wedding even if you can't legally get married). You still deserve a celebration with friends and family regardless!! We're kind of the reverse, but similar concept; our actual wedding will be after the fact and technically we will already be married, but we agree the wedding will be before God and our friends/family, and be the date that really matters. XOXO

Håll ut, y'all.

K1 Process                                                                                AOS Process

July 2015 - met online thanks to Zak Bagans                                                            May 25, 2018 - South Carolina marriage license issued

June 2016 - first in-person meeting                                                                             May 26, 2018 - legally married

August 2016 - stateside visit                                                                                        June 7, 2018 - applied for Social Security Number [manual verification required]

February-April 2017 - stateside visit                                                                           June 18, 2018 - SSN/card received in the mail

April 4, 2017 - got engaged                                                                                          June 30, 2018 - submitted I-485 (AOS)/I-765 (EAD)/I-131 (AP) together

June 5, 2017 - submitted I129F                                                                                   July 9, 2018 - AOS/EAD/AP electronic NOA1 received

June 12, 2017 - received NOA1                                                                                   July 13, 2018 - AOS/EAD/AP hard copy NOA1 received (dated July 6, 2018)

December 1, 2017 - received NOA2                                                                            July 25, 2018 - Biometrics appointment (Charlotte, NC)

January 17, 2018 - NVC received case                                                                      August 1, 2018 - case status updated to "Ready to be Scheduled for Interview"

January 18, 2018 - received NVC case number by phone                                      August 11, 2018 - case status updated to "I-485 Interview Scheduled"

January 24, 2018 - packet received via email                                                           August 16, 2018 - AOS Interview Scheduled letter received

February 15, 2018 - medical appointment                                                                 August 28, 2018 - visited civil surgeon (Winston-Salem, NC) to complete I-693

February-March 2018 - trip to Gothenburg                                                                                                [beneficiary had to get one remaining vaccination stateside]

February 22, 2018 - interview at the US Embassy in Stockholm                            September 18, 2018 - I-485/AOS Interview in Greer, SC

[passed, pending receipt of medical papers]                           September 18, 2018 - case status updated to "Card Has Been Issued/Mailed"

February 27, 2018 - medical papers received by Embassy                                     September 25, 2018 - Green Card received in the mail

March 5, 2018 - visa received in the mail with passport                                          October 6, 2018 - traditional wedding with family & friends

May 16, 2018 - POE in Charlotte, NC

Up next.... Removal of Conditions!

Timeline
3 hours ago, Paul & Mallory said:

Things have been moving backwards, it seems, and just generally delayed. I think this time of year is not the best time of year to apply; I'm not sure if it's just a slowdown in general because people go on vacation during the summer, or what. But it seemed people who applied beginning of the year moved much faster than mid-year applicants.

While there is a summer slowdown, that is not the bulk of our slow down. It has been discussed on this site and even this thread some of the current factors. In the last several years, you could expect NOA2 in 60-75 days (the summer slow down pushed it up to 90 days). Many other things going on now that make us the longest waiters in years. For a very depressing graphic, see this:

k1cschistory.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.