Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Myanmar
Timeline

It's our 90th day today. :(

Hello USCIS, how's our status?

K1 FIANCE VISA
Met Thru Christian Dating Site - January 29, 2017
Engagement Ceremony - April 12, 2017
Packet sent - May 30, 2017
NOA 1 - June 2, 2017 (Hard Copy - June 6, 2017)
NOA 2 - November 29, 2017

NVC - January 12, 2018 (received); January 19, 2018 (in transit); January 23, 2018 (ready)

MEDICAL - February 9, 2018 (conducted exam); February 12, 2018 (approved)

INTERVIEW - February 26, 2018 (approved)

VISA ON HAND - March 7, 2018

CFO - March 22, 2018

POE -  April 17, 2018

SSN - April 27, 2018

WEDDING - May 28, 2018

ADJUSTMENT STATUS

Packet sent - June 24, 2018

NOA1 - July 2, 2018

Biometric - July 26, 2018

EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION

NOA1 - July 2, 2018

Approved - October 12, 2018

TRAVEL DOCUMENT

NOA1 - July 2, 2018

STATE ID - July 11, 2018

DRIVERS LICENSE - December 28, 2018

4 hours ago, Ilovemyfamily17 said:

Hello we send in the same date!!!!! you guys have hope to see the NOA2 in September???

Unfortunately, our timeline has shifted back so much that we will be happy if it even arrives before beginning of November, to be honest. 😢We have abandoned hope to see our NOA2 in September, as currently it seems to take 5 months on average to receive it. Very discouraged here, the further our estimated date gets pushed back the more complicated it will get to organize the next year for us personally, due to AP taking very long as well, it seems (4 months, is that info still valid, can anyone confirm?).

But all we can do is just sit and wait, as hard as it is. I try to focus on my family and friends and cherish the time we have left living so close together, but some days are better, and some days are worse when you miss your partner. At Ieast I can visit in three weeks. Anyone visited the US since filing in this thread? I know it should not be a problem according to the information from the forum, still, I'll probably be nervous.

I wish you all a lot of patience and strength in this stretch of the process where we all probably feel to some extend powerless towards whats happening with us. Looking forward to the first June NOA2 arrival!

4 minutes ago, Catseal said:

Unfortunately, our timeline has shifted back so much that we will be happy if it even arrives before beginning of November, to be honest. 😢We have abandoned hope to see our NOA2 in September, as currently it seems to take 5 months on average to receive it. Very discouraged here, the further our estimated date gets pushed back the more complicated it will get to organize the next year for us personally, due to AP taking very long as well, it seems (4 months, is that info still valid, can anyone confirm?).

But all we can do is just sit and wait, as hard as it is. I try to focus on my family and friends and cherish the time we have left living so close together, but some days are better, and some days are worse when you miss your partner. At Ieast I can visit in three weeks. Anyone visited the US since filing in this thread? I know it should not be a problem according to the information from the forum, still, I'll probably be nervous.

I wish you all a lot of patience and strength in this stretch of the process where we all probably feel to some extend powerless towards whats happening with us. Looking forward to the first June NOA2 arrival!

We were initially hoping for a Christmas together and that seems all but impossible now. Because of the timeline moving backwards I decided to visit my future wife and family in Manila. That was the greatest decision of my life. I was frustrated and upset with the timeline but spending some quality time with my future family has allowed me to take a step back and relax. Whatever obstacles and whatever delays are encountered someday we will all be together. That is all and that is everything that will ever matter. 

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

7 hours ago, DandY said:

Hmmmm. I can't find it. You are June 16, so I looked at all the June 15 and 16 cases (I thought) and I don't see this. Expedite is pretty rare on K1 from what I understand as it has to be humanitarian or similar to get expedite.

My case shows as the 14th on the USCIS tracker along with this case: 

Updated to approved on Sept 1st. 

IMG_3540.JPG

Timeline
29 minutes ago, emylady said:

My case shows as the 14th on the USCIS tracker along with this case: 

Updated to approved on Sept 1st. 

IMG_3540.JPG

May I know if you receive thru email NOA2 from USCIS?

K1 FIANCE VISA

NVC - January 12, 2018 (received); January 19, 2018 (in transit); January 23, 2018 (ready)

CFO - March 22, 2018

POE -  April 17, 2018

SSN - April 27, 2018

WEDDING - May 28, 2018

ADJUSTMENT STATUS

NOA1 - July 2, 2018

EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION

NOA1 - July 2, 2018

TRAVEL DOCUMENT

NOA1 - July 2, 2018

STATE ID - July 11, 2018

Just now, Birveonrty said:

May I know if you receive thru email NOA2 from USCIS?

It's not my case that's been approved but someone 6 case numbers above me. 

I was just showing DandY the approved case. 

I've also updated my timeline to say 14th instead of 16th for NOA1.

i also looked on the July filers and they've had a few approvals too. (Again, possibly expedited cases)

Timeline
6 minutes ago, emylady said:

It's not my case that's been approved but someone 6 case numbers above me. 

I was just showing DandY the approved case. 

I've also updated my timeline to say 14th instead of 16th for NOA1.

i also looked on the July filers and they've had a few approvals too. (Again, possibly expedited cases)

I see... I guess depending on the Service Centre..

K1 FIANCE VISA

CFO - March 22, 2018

POE -  April 17, 2018

SSN - April 27, 2018

WEDDING - May 28, 2018

ADJUSTMENT STATUS

NOA1 - July 2, 2018

EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION

NOA1 - July 2, 2018

TRAVEL DOCUMENT

NOA1 - July 2, 2018

STATE ID - July 11, 2018

Hi everyone, 

My fiancé is from Sweden, and we got our NOA1 on June 5th. Our wedding is set on December 16th, and now I'm nervous seeing all the delays here. I guess worst case scenario, my fiancé and I don't get legally married on December 16th but married "through God" on that day and wait until it gets approved. Does anybody else have this problem? We can't move the wedding because everyone has bought their tickets and we have payed for the wedding. 

11 minutes ago, brifreeman58 said:

Hi everyone, 

My fiancé is from Sweden, and we got our NOA1 on June 5th. Our wedding is set on December 16th, and now I'm nervous seeing all the delays here. I guess worst case scenario, my fiancé and I don't get legally married on December 16th but married "through God" on that day and wait until it gets approved. Does anybody else have this problem? We can't move the wedding because everyone has bought their tickets and we have payed for the wedding. 

Never pay for a wedding or anything until he/ s he has visa in hand and your service center should be california on timeline that is where all K1's go now not texas. Texas is just a lockbox they foward to california.

3 hours ago, Murph4865 said:

Never pay for a wedding or anything until he/ s he has visa in hand and your service center should be california on timeline that is where all K1's go now not texas. Texas is just a lockbox they foward to california.

Ditto!!!  Also, won't the K-1 be void if you are married. You will need to withdraw the K-1 and apply for a CR-1. The CR-1 takes a good year for approvals but the green card is issued at the end of the process. 

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

3 hours ago, John & Rose said:

Ditto!!!  Also, won't the K-1 be void if you are married. You will need to withdraw the K-1 and apply for a CR-1. The CR-1 takes a good year for approvals but the green card is issued at the end of the process. 

Hi! Thank you for the response I realize I should have clarified better: If our visa doesn't get approved before our ceremony, we would NOT get legally married that day. Instead, we would have a commitment ceremony where we would not get legally married (and not apply for a marriage certificate, etc.). Just "married in the eyes of God" and have a day where we can celebrate with our friends and family. Sorry I realize my post may have been confusing haha! 

6 hours ago, Murph4865 said:

I wish I realized that sooner! It's unfortunately too late for me now haha. I definitely wish I found this site first! But regardless it will be nice to have a commitment ceremony where we can celebrate on a day all of our friends and family can make it. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
20 minutes ago, brifreeman58 said:

I wish I realized that sooner! It's unfortunately too late for me now haha. I definitely wish I found this site first! But regardless it will be nice to have a commitment ceremony where we can celebrate on a day all of our friends and family can make it. 

This wait must be nerve wracking if your visitors already have tickets! I have the same problem like yours. My fiance though is in the Military and he will only get Christmas break,  so we really need to get married during that time, otherwise we dont know when we can get a chance. I know we will be qualified for expedite but he is still underway and cant request until he is back. 

Edited by Elaine282017

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Netherlands
Timeline
8 hours ago, brifreeman58 said:

Hi everyone, 

Be careful though. I believe that I've read before that if you have anything close to a ceremony and USCIS or embassy finds out, they might not grant the visa. Might be wise to do a bit of a search on that.

Other than that, sucks indeed that they are taking longer with the processing. I've been reading stories on here for quite a while and kept reading the advice to not book anything until the visa is in hand. My fiance and I have set our wedding date for end April and we've only paid the (small) deposit for our venue. That's the only thing we're booking in advance. Telling all friends and fam to hold off on booking flights/accommodation until we give the go.

Good luck. I'm hoping they speed up a little for all our sakes :)

K1                                                                                            AoS                                                                                                                                 N-400

I-129F Received: 05-June-2017                                        AoS, EAD & AP Filed: 15-June-2018                                                                         N-400 Filed: 29-Sept-2020

NOA2: 09-January-2018                                                      NOA1 on all three: 27-June-2018                                                                             NOA1: 28-Sept-2020

NVC Received/Case #: 24-January-2018                         Biometrics: 20-July-2018                                                                                           Interview Date: 16-Feb-2021

Consulate Received: 02-February-2018                           Case Ready For Interview: 24-July-2018                                                                 Oath Ceremony: 18-Feb-2021

Interview: 13-March-2018                                                   EAD & AP Approvals: 18-October-2018                                                                   Expedited under section 319(b) - overseas military orders

VOH: 17-March-2018                                                           Interview Scheduled: 8-April-2019 / Rescheduled on 17-April-2019                  Biometrics re-used from AOS application. Skipped ROC

POE (LAX): 11-April-2018                                                    Interview Date: 28-April-2019 - APPROVED!

39 minutes ago, Hadassah123 said:

Be careful though. I believe that I've read before that if you have anything close to a ceremony and USCIS or embassy finds out, they might not grant the visa. Might be wise to do a bit of a search on that.

Other than that, sucks indeed that they are taking longer with the processing. I've been reading stories on here for quite a while and kept reading the advice to not book anything until the visa is in hand. My fiance and I have set our wedding date for end April and we've only paid the (small) deposit for our venue. That's the only thing we're booking in advance. Telling all friends and fam to hold off on booking flights/accommodation until we give the go.

Good luck. I'm hoping they speed up a little for all our sakes :)

Yes I've read a similar thing so I'm going to actually contact a lawyer just to make sure having a commitment ceremony won't affect our visa process! Guests have been nice so far, and say they will support us if we have to postpone. You've been a lot smarter than me with booking the wedding! I took advice from people who got approved last year in 4-5 months, so I thought I had plenty of time. Thank you, and I agree!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.