stellamahoo

I-129f June 2017 filers (merged)

6,570 posts in this topic

10 minutes ago, Anthony Elam said:

Thank you! That was a big help!

Check out Hank's guidelines.  It is very easy to schedule for the K-1 recipient.  The K-2 recipients have to wait until they have their visa stamp in the passport.  

The CFO program is called PDOS (Pre-Departure Orientation Seminar). The GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for 20 to 59 year olds.  PCP (Peer Counseling Program) is for younger kids (13 to 19).

Register at www.cfo.gov.ph

I registered for my future asawa last night.  It was quick and easy.

...and thanks to Hank and Greenbaum, it actually sounds like I know what I'm talking about!!!!  I had the same questions as you do a couple weeks ago!

Edited by jwlussow

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline
13 hours ago, George & Roth said:

Now gaining days, I hope it's time for them to keep gaining traction.

As in the processing is speeding up a bit or going backwards as usual?

Just now, useful89 said:

As in the processing is speeding up a bit or going backwards as usual?

I dont want to jinx it but for the first time in a couple months the days actually moved 3 days sooner!

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline
13 minutes ago, jwlussow said:

I dont want to jinx it but for the first time in a couple months the days actually moved 3 days sooner!

Hopefully it continues!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Whoo! Our estimated date indeed also moved by 3 days. From Oct. 17 to now Oct. 14. I know not to put too much faith in the thing, but hey - it'll keep us positive! :)

Travel day for me! A 2.5 week visit to my fiance, so excited! :jest:

K1                                                                                            AoS                                                                                                                                 N-400

I-129F Received: 05-June-2017                                        AoS, EAD & AP Filed: 15-June-2018                                                                         N-400 Filed: 29-Sept-2020

NOA2: 09-January-2018                                                      NOA1 on all three: 27-June-2018                                                                             NOA1: 28-Sept-2020

NVC Received/Case #: 24-January-2018                         Biometrics: 20-July-2018                                                                                           Interview Date: 16-Feb-2021

Consulate Received: 02-February-2018                           Case Ready For Interview: 24-July-2018                                                                 Oath Ceremony: 18-Feb-2021

Interview: 13-March-2018                                                   EAD & AP Approvals: 18-October-2018                                                                   Expedited under section 319(b) - overseas military orders

VOH: 17-March-2018                                                           Interview Scheduled: 8-April-2019 / Rescheduled on 17-April-2019                  Biometrics re-used from AOS application. Skipped ROC

POE (LAX): 11-April-2018                                                    Interview Date: 28-April-2019 - APPROVED!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
1 hour ago, Hadassah123 said:

Whoo! Our estimated date indeed also moved by 3 days. From Oct. 17 to now Oct. 14. I know not to put too much faith in the thing, but hey - it'll keep us positive! :)

Travel day for me! A 2.5 week visit to my fiance, so excited! :jest:

Where do you check the estimated date?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
1 hour ago, Britanee7 said:

Where do you check the estimated date?

http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=271177

At the bottom of the blue box @Britanee7

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

@ThisGirlsCurls

Nice, my fiancé and I have been together for almost 7 years too.

I totally agree with you and @jwlussow said - A lot of people seem to be looking at the idea of moving to the states through rose-colored glasses. I'm pretty career oriented and have a very realistic mind with what I want in life (and don't want) so I was determined that going to the states on a fiancé visa without an established career or savings wasn't my option.

but as you two mentioned, every beneficiary's age, economic background, where they are in life are completely different, on top of that, each of our priorities in life are different so I understand. 

I hope everyone's visa process goes smoothly ;)xx

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
16 hours ago, jwlussow said:

Check out Hank's guidelines.  It is very easy to schedule for the K-1 recipient.  The K-2 recipients have to wait until they have their visa stamp in the passport.  

The CFO program is called PDOS (Pre-Departure Orientation Seminar). The GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for 20 to 59 year olds.  PCP (Peer Counseling Program) is for younger kids (13 to 19).

Register at www.cfo.gov.ph

I registered for my future asawa last night.  It was quick and easy.

...and thanks to Hank and Greenbaum, it actually sounds like I know what I'm talking about!!!!  I had the same questions as you do a couple weeks ago!

I haven't heard anything about the GCP program. Is this required for all Filipino spouses/fiancés? 

05.31.17--Mailed I-129 F

06.06.17--NOA

09.22.17--CFO Seminar
12.23.17--NOA 2

01.24.18--NVC Received/Case Number Assigned

01.29.18-01.30.18--Medical--PASSED!

01.30.18--NVC "in transit"

01.31.18--Cased received by USEM

02.05.18--Interview--PASSED!

02.09.18--VOH

02.27.18--POE

03.07.18--SSN 

04.14.18--Wedding day ❤️

05.09.18--Mailed AoS Packet 

05.14.18--AoS Packet Received 

06.07.18--Biometrics

10.04.18--EAD/AP Received

12.21.18--AoS Interview (APPROVED)

12.31.18--Green Card in Hand ❤️ 

"Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change." James 1:17 ESV

6 minutes ago, Allthephils said:

I haven't heard anything about the GCP program. Is this required for all Filipino spouses/fiancés? 

YES!!!  They will not be allowed onto the airplane without the CFO sticker in their passport.

It is documented all over the place but not always front and center.  Check out Hank's info

You have your passport with visa?  For PDOS you must have your passport with visa before scheduling.

If you have everything as required and having issued scheduling you should contact the CFO office.

CONTACT INFORMATION                                          

CFO-MANILA
Citigold Center, 1345 Pres. Quirino Ave. 
corner Osmena Highway (South Superhighway)
Manila, Philippines 1007 

Telephone: (+632) 552-4700

Email: info@cfo.gov.ph

CFO-CEBU
4th Floor, K&J Building
#4 Don Julio Llorente St., 
Capitol Site, Cebu City 6000

Telephone: (032) 255-5253

Email: cfocebu@cfo.gov.ph

check out this page...

http://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/index.html

Edited by jwlussow

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 minute ago, jwlussow said:

YES!!!  They will not be allowed onto the airplane without the CFO sticker in their passport.

Oh goodness! I'm glad I asked. There are so many details that go into the process. It seems a bit overwhelming 😩. I'm just ready for it to be completed. 

05.31.17--Mailed I-129 F

06.06.17--NOA

09.22.17--CFO Seminar
12.23.17--NOA 2

01.24.18--NVC Received/Case Number Assigned

01.29.18-01.30.18--Medical--PASSED!

01.30.18--NVC "in transit"

01.31.18--Cased received by USEM

02.05.18--Interview--PASSED!

02.09.18--VOH

02.27.18--POE

03.07.18--SSN 

04.14.18--Wedding day ❤️

05.09.18--Mailed AoS Packet 

05.14.18--AoS Packet Received 

06.07.18--Biometrics

10.04.18--EAD/AP Received

12.21.18--AoS Interview (APPROVED)

12.31.18--Green Card in Hand ❤️ 

"Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change." James 1:17 ESV

2 minutes ago, Allthephils said:

Oh goodness! I'm glad I asked. There are so many details that go into the process. It seems a bit overwhelming 😩. I'm just ready for it to be completed. 

I hear you!!!!  I added more info to my last post.  Go back and check it out.  I am learning so much here.  I hope to help others with the same questions that I had.

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline
On ‎8‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 8:51 PM, Allthephils said:

Hello all! I'm a little late at posting to this thread. My fiancé and I began the process at the beginning of June. I went to visit him in July and waiting has been so much harder since I have returned home. Support, prayers (if you pray), and encouragement is needed! We were hoping to wed by the end of the year, but I'm not sure if that will happen. Im so ready to have him here. I'm just excited to know I'm not alone in this waiting game. 

Same boat! My fiancé and I filed first of June and had hopes of possibly being able to get married by the end of this year, but the further along we've gotten, the more that doesn't seem likely. :( We haven't seen one another since he left from his last visit back in April, and due to finances and work, the next visit will be whenever I am able to visit him in Sweden. The waiting is THE. WORST. I'm not a totally patient person to begin with, and I also prefer resolving issues as soon as possible - this is the exact opposite of BOTH of those! So it's tough. I have to say, coming across this page and the forums helped. Seeing and talking to people who are going through the exact same thing that we are is cathartic. Neither of us know anyone in real life who has ever gone through this, and it feels so much like walking in a pitch dark room where all you can do is feel your way through it. Finding like minded (or like-situations) folks has helped.

Good luck to you and yours!! We are all in this together! XO

Håll ut, y'all.

K1 Process                                                                                AOS Process

July 2015 - met online thanks to Zak Bagans                                                            May 25, 2018 - South Carolina marriage license issued

June 2016 - first in-person meeting                                                                             May 26, 2018 - legally married

August 2016 - stateside visit                                                                                        June 7, 2018 - applied for Social Security Number [manual verification required]

February-April 2017 - stateside visit                                                                           June 18, 2018 - SSN/card received in the mail

April 4, 2017 - got engaged                                                                                          June 30, 2018 - submitted I-485 (AOS)/I-765 (EAD)/I-131 (AP) together

June 5, 2017 - submitted I129F                                                                                   July 9, 2018 - AOS/EAD/AP electronic NOA1 received

June 12, 2017 - received NOA1                                                                                   July 13, 2018 - AOS/EAD/AP hard copy NOA1 received (dated July 6, 2018)

December 1, 2017 - received NOA2                                                                            July 25, 2018 - Biometrics appointment (Charlotte, NC)

January 17, 2018 - NVC received case                                                                      August 1, 2018 - case status updated to "Ready to be Scheduled for Interview"

January 18, 2018 - received NVC case number by phone                                      August 11, 2018 - case status updated to "I-485 Interview Scheduled"

January 24, 2018 - packet received via email                                                           August 16, 2018 - AOS Interview Scheduled letter received

February 15, 2018 - medical appointment                                                                 August 28, 2018 - visited civil surgeon (Winston-Salem, NC) to complete I-693

February-March 2018 - trip to Gothenburg                                                                                                [beneficiary had to get one remaining vaccination stateside]

February 22, 2018 - interview at the US Embassy in Stockholm                            September 18, 2018 - I-485/AOS Interview in Greer, SC

[passed, pending receipt of medical papers]                           September 18, 2018 - case status updated to "Card Has Been Issued/Mailed"

February 27, 2018 - medical papers received by Embassy                                     September 25, 2018 - Green Card received in the mail

March 5, 2018 - visa received in the mail with passport                                          October 6, 2018 - traditional wedding with family & friends

May 16, 2018 - POE in Charlotte, NC

Up next.... Removal of Conditions!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

Hi all - haven't been able to scour around on here in a while, and have been poking around today to catch up on everyone. I've noticed a few people mentioning an expectation date, or time frame...? Anyone know where those can be found, if there's an update on the site somewhere with As Of dates, etc.?

I honestly have been trying to make myself stop looking at the USCIS site for updates because I learned very quickly that it isn't the most reliable, but haven't come across anything about updated expectations. Of course, if it's somewhere obvious and in my face, I will look right past it. :P

I hope everyone is doing well with The Great Waiting Game!

Håll ut, y'all.

K1 Process                                                                                AOS Process

July 2015 - met online thanks to Zak Bagans                                                            May 25, 2018 - South Carolina marriage license issued

June 2016 - first in-person meeting                                                                             May 26, 2018 - legally married

August 2016 - stateside visit                                                                                        June 7, 2018 - applied for Social Security Number [manual verification required]

February-April 2017 - stateside visit                                                                           June 18, 2018 - SSN/card received in the mail

April 4, 2017 - got engaged                                                                                          June 30, 2018 - submitted I-485 (AOS)/I-765 (EAD)/I-131 (AP) together

June 5, 2017 - submitted I129F                                                                                   July 9, 2018 - AOS/EAD/AP electronic NOA1 received

June 12, 2017 - received NOA1                                                                                   July 13, 2018 - AOS/EAD/AP hard copy NOA1 received (dated July 6, 2018)

December 1, 2017 - received NOA2                                                                            July 25, 2018 - Biometrics appointment (Charlotte, NC)

January 17, 2018 - NVC received case                                                                      August 1, 2018 - case status updated to "Ready to be Scheduled for Interview"

January 18, 2018 - received NVC case number by phone                                      August 11, 2018 - case status updated to "I-485 Interview Scheduled"

January 24, 2018 - packet received via email                                                           August 16, 2018 - AOS Interview Scheduled letter received

February 15, 2018 - medical appointment                                                                 August 28, 2018 - visited civil surgeon (Winston-Salem, NC) to complete I-693

February-March 2018 - trip to Gothenburg                                                                                                [beneficiary had to get one remaining vaccination stateside]

February 22, 2018 - interview at the US Embassy in Stockholm                            September 18, 2018 - I-485/AOS Interview in Greer, SC

[passed, pending receipt of medical papers]                           September 18, 2018 - case status updated to "Card Has Been Issued/Mailed"

February 27, 2018 - medical papers received by Embassy                                     September 25, 2018 - Green Card received in the mail

March 5, 2018 - visa received in the mail with passport                                          October 6, 2018 - traditional wedding with family & friends

May 16, 2018 - POE in Charlotte, NC

Up next.... Removal of Conditions!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.