stellamahoo

I-129f June 2017 filers (merged)

6,570 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, Britanee7 said:

Thank you.

I really want this to hurry

Unfortunately that is just not happening right now.  At least here you will find a lot of people who feel the exact same way that you do and there is also an amazing amount of information and people willing to answer your questions to make this as easy as possible on you.  Looking at your dates with an NOA1 in July you are probably currently tracking in mid-November.  Don't worry, the estimates move around a lot but in my experience (already added 6 weeks to the original estimate) the dates only get pushed back.

Edited by jwlussow

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

10 minutes ago, Britanee7 said:

Thank you.

I really want this to hurry

I see your timeline has been added.  Thank you.  It will help create better estimates.  Now you can be like the rest of us...pathetically watching that date and hoping it stops moving farther away.  LOL

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

10 minutes ago, Britanee7 said:

Can this be spead up at all. like could it be quicker or is that the quickest? is that just for the NOA2 or the whole lot?

That is just for the NOA2.  Then add 30 days for NVC.  Then however long it takes to get an interview.  I believe for me (Philippines) that is usually 60 days from NVC.  I am a June filer who once had thoughts of my new families first white Christmas.  Now I am more realistically looking at April.  Honestly, that would not be terrible because my fiancee's kids can finish the school year there, which ends in March.  Not perfect but looking for the silver lining.

Make sure everything is in order (medical appointment, additional paperwork, police clearances (if required).  It will feel like it is moving very slowly but in the end you will be with your loved one.  There were rumors that at some point the whole process only took 3 to 5 months.  Now it is quickly moving closer to a year.  Just stay positive and make sure that you do not take the stress out on your future spouse.  We are all at the mercy of the US Government and sometimes their procedures and policies defy explanation.  Just relax and someday you can tell your grandchildren about what you had to do for love.

Edited by jwlussow

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

@Britanee7 Following on from @jwlussow's comments... I saw that a UK beneficiary got their approval in 48 days since NOA2. It appears that NVC and the London US Embassy are sending cases electronically now so that part of the process speeds up.

I'm also thinking positively that the USCIS will have cleared the backlog and in the coming months, the I-129F approvals are going to be quicker than the recent months.  

1. Because they have probably cleared the rush of the Haiti visa extensions by now - given the increased number of approvals in the last 2-3 weeks; and

2. There seems to have been less I-129F petitions being filed during these recent months. My common sense says this after doing some scans of the WAC i-129F numbers, but it would be great if there is a database-whizz on this June forum who can take the time to see if that theory is true. 

We were hoping to be together by Thanksgiving when we filed early June. Now we're praying to be together by Christmas... which would be 6.5 months for us. It's squeaky-bum time for all of us. 

Wishing you a speedy process.

Timeline
20 minutes ago, June2017UK said:

@Britanee7 Following on from @jwlussow's comments... I saw that a UK beneficiary got their approval in 48 days since NOA2. It appears that NVC and the London US Embassy are sending cases electronically now so that part of the process speeds up.

I'm also thinking positively that the USCIS will have cleared the backlog and in the coming months, the I-129F approvals are going to be quicker than the recent months.  

1. Because they have probably cleared the rush of the Haiti visa extensions by now - given the increased number of approvals in the last 2-3 weeks; and

2. There seems to have been less I-129F petitions being filed during these recent months. My common sense says this after doing some scans of the WAC i-129F numbers, but it would be great if there is a database-whizz on this June forum who can take the time to see if that theory is true. 

We were hoping to be together by Thanksgiving when we filed early June. Now we're praying to be together by Christmas... which would be 6.5 months for us. It's squeaky-bum time for all of us. 

Thank you for the response. S hopefully when i have my NOA2 it should be a pretty quick process. I was hoping to be there in November too because i was reading and alot of the timelines where 5-8 months which from June November would be 5 months.

Its just so hard and with my leave entitlement i now cannot go visit him until November. Have you had your NOA2? Have you booked your wedding?

When do i book in a medical and do i need a CRB (police check)

@Jwlussow thank you for the information.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
38 minutes ago, June2017UK said:

We filed early June and was hoping to be making one way trip for thanksgiving. Looking very unlikely now!

On the positive - visiting on 2nd Sept and promised I'd go out for Thanksgiving, so thinking of maybe waiting to move January when flights return to reasonable fares?

Good luck to everyone :wub:

Timeline
8 minutes ago, Britanee7 said:

Its just so hard and with my leave entitlement i now cannot go visit him until November. Have you had your NOA2? Have you booked your wedding?

When do i book in a medical and do i need a CRB (police check)

Yes, very hard. My F is feeling the distance too. I can't visit the US and my F has kids at home full time -  they're now back at school until Thanksgiving and he used his vacation this year. So frustrating, isn't it.

No NOA2 yet. Day 73 from received date today. We were expecting it mid-September but now we're expecting it mid-October - and if it comes earlier then it will be a welcomed surprise.

We've a fair idea of venue and reception. Can't book it until we know the date that I can be with him as we want the kids to be off school for it so we can celebrate as a family.

I've learned from other UK beneficiary experiences that the medical can be booked once you get your LND number from the NVC which both the beneficiary and the petitioner can call the NVC to find out - at around day 13/14 after NOA2. Knightsbridge doctors have accepted screenshots of the LND number rather than the original letter from the Embassy. Other UK beneficiaries are saying that the Medical is booking 3 weeks ahead at the moment, yet I also read that they book 3 days ahead too. 

Police Certificate - They say it takes 40 days for the certificate to arrive. U.K beneficiaries here are saying 10 days standard and 2-3 days if want to pay for the premium / expedited service. Personally, I will apply for it next month so I have it in case this whole process picks up pace. (Here's hoping!)

21 minutes ago, Britanee7 said:

@Jwlussow thank you for the information.

We are all here to help and we are all in the same boat. We may all be from many different parts of the world but we are all one family here, supporting each other and wishing us all the best. 

Police cerificates are required from any country the visa beneficiary lived for more than 6 months after the age of 16. 

Keep asking questions!!!  There are a lot of "gotchas" along the way. Book medical after you receive the new number from the NVC

IMG_5168.jpeg

Timeline
8 minutes ago, Tim & Tiff said:

We filed early June

Good luck to everyone :wub:

Hey @Tim & Tiff  Please could you fill in your timeline so that we can track your progress? 

Good Luck to you too

Timeline
5 hours ago, Kibadiva said:

You've made sucha great point here - I've been antsy, anxious and checking my status multiple times a day as if that will make it quicker lol. Made me realize how I should be really enjoying the food, one of the cleanest and safest country I'm living in, before I get my visa approved and life gets crazier. 

I would like to hear more about what you meant by "chatting to someone on Instagram who is at her medical stage and it’s frightening to hear how little some people know about the country they are moving to and the financial things to consider! "

These are one of my top concerns when I move out there. I'm educating myself how their pension, national benefits etc. work in the states :s

Hi

I know everyone is different and may be happy to take risks but I’ve found that people haven’t considered they will need to pay for interim healthcare before they can get onto their husbands plan...IF they can get onto his plan. Also, the amount people seem to be willing to travel with knowing they might be unemployed for 6-9 months. There are several people I have spoken to taking less than £1000 and then ‘borrowing’ off family with a wedding to pay for within 90 days!? 

I know a wedding can be dirt cheap if its just to rush it through, but I wanted at least the salary for 6-9 months in the bank so I do not put the strain on my partner on arrival. I know interim healthcare isn’t cheap (some places are $300 to $500 a month depending on the cover, and i need medication and blood tests regularly and will need them in that period) so I’m saving for that too. 

I think there are very few benefits for incoming fiancees hence the sponsorship, your other half is expected to cover you and sensible people will have saved a little before applying. I also expect to get a lesser job than I have initially and so I am using this time wisely to save up, sell up and get financially prepared. I dont have a fall back plan and if I run out of money, I dont intend on going home or relying fully on my partner to put us under strain. My family know I wouldnt have applied if they thought they might end up being asked to ‘loan’ me money at my age! Lol My dad would make me stay to save up before that happened!! Lol x

If the best things in life are free, why is a long distance relationship so expensive!?

3rd July 2017 - NOA1
14th February - RFE
24th April 2018 - NOA2
11th May 2018 - NVC received
xx/xx/xxxx - NVC Case Number # received
xx/xx/xxxx - Medical
xx/xx/xxxx - Interview 
xx/xx/xxxx - POE
xx/xx/xxxx - Married

13 minutes ago, ThisGirlsCurls said:

Hi

I know everyone is different and may be happy to take risks but I’ve found that people haven’t considered they will need to pay for interim healthcare before they can get onto their husbands plan...IF they can get onto his plan. Also, the amount people seem to be willing to travel with knowing they might be unemployed for 6-9 months. There are several people I have spoken to taking less than £1000 and then ‘borrowing’ off family with a wedding to pay for within 90 days!? 

I know a wedding can be dirt cheap if its just to rush it through, but I wanted at least the salary for 6-9 months in the bank so I do not put the strain on my partner on arrival. I know interim healthcare isn’t cheap (some places are $300 to $500 a month depending on the cover, and i need medication and blood tests regularly and will need them in that period) so I’m saving for that too. 

I think there are very few benefits for incoming fiancees hence the sponsorship, your other half is expected to cover you and sensible people will have saved a little before applying. I also expect to get a lesser job than I have initially and so I am using this time wisely to save up, sell up and get financially prepared. I dont have a fall back plan and if I run out of money, I dont intend on going home or relying fully on my partner to put us under strain. My family know I wouldnt have applied if they thought they might end up being asked to ‘loan’ me money at my age! Lol My dad would make me stay to save up before that happened!! Lol x

Yes, it does seem that many beneficiaries do not completely understand enough about what they are getting into here.  My fiancee is from the Philippines where there is little work and everybody has small side jobs just to make it through.  Being the USC in this one, I did go in with open eyes.  She is also bringing 2 teenagers with her.  I will have to be in a position to support all of them, including insurance.  They have very little savings and she will need that to pay her taxes and other bills for her home when she leaves.  She may rent but she is leaving furniture and large appliances there.  In the Philippines they do not rent furnished homes.  So we all know going in that it will be difficult probably for the first year.  She wants to work but that takes time for the work permit and Social Security Number.  When it comes down to it, they are worth any sacrifice I have to make.  We will make it through the tough spots because we were always destined to be together.  I am also lucky that my job will cover them as soon as we are married, which we plan to do right away.

IMG_5168.jpeg

Timeline
28 minutes ago, Britanee7 said:

So do i just apply for the police check like just go on google and get a CRB? How long does it last.

This may help you - you can access it by navigating to Portals > London Consulate Information from the top of this webpage's navigation bar

http://www.visajourney.com/consulates/index.php?ctry=United Kingdom&cty=London

It says "U.K. police certificates are considered valid for 12 months from the date of issuance.(Get a second copy for �5 as well worth it)" 

Edited by June2017UK

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.