stellamahoo

I-129f June 2017 filers (merged)

6,570 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, msscarlette said:

The Chickenjoy is pretty good. Don't forget to eat lechon (roasted pig). You better be ready to buy her a rice cooker when she gets to the States. It is a must! :D

I LOVE lechon.  They don't eat it because they say it isn't good for you but when they go to Inasal they get 7 scoops of rice!

We are having another family pool party on December 15.  I am going to buy lechon for it.  We have had just the head in the past.  We are expecting 30 to 50 so we will do a whole pig this time.  I love those family parties and hearing everybody sing karaoke.

Edited by John & Rose

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

3 minutes ago, Jemilyn said:

I amazed June filers got a lot of Filipino beneficiaries 🤭 

Just saying hi to everyone here. 

Hello and welcome.  Manila is one of the busiest Embassies for visas.  There are a lot of us here who are either filipino or about to marry one.

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
33 minutes ago, George & Roth said:

I tease her that we will not have access to a rice cooker or rice when she arrives, but I think she would pick rice over me so I need to be careful. 

She'll pick rice over you - haha! pretty funny.

My fiancé and I were in Cambodia (Siem Reap) last year to volunteer for Habitat for Humanity. I thoroughly enjoyed the food. Then this year, in April we volunteered to build in Thailand (Chiang Mai). Although Thai food seems to be more popular and preferred by many, I still missed Cambodian food & prefer it over Thai food. And just 2 weeks ago, my fiancé went back to Cambodia (Battambang) to join Habitat's Big Build - I didn't go this time but I really missed the chance of eating good food again (and bugs, yep!) and seeing friends again that we've made along the way.  I love Cambodia, the country, the people, the food, and the shopping!!! :) 

7 hours ago, AZSunshine78 said:

While I throughly appreciate your posts, I'm also very confused. 

What are are your thoughts about June 5th as there are not many cases left.

im a June 5th but have heard nada so considering I've got an rfe but I don't understand the statistics behind the probability of this.

You got an RFE you are saying? I wrote about June 5th, I'll quote it below, and the only reason I didn't add your name is because you are not on the @vocaledge list. Please click here and add your self to the list and everybody else that has not done so, please do. Here is the part about June 5th

10 hours ago, The Squirrel said:

June 5th  -  149

June 6th  -   229

June 7th  -   116 (untouched)

June 8th  -   184 

June 9th  -   147 (untouched)

---------------------------

Total  -  825  cases untouched

Here you have a totally different landscape than 10 days ago, Monday the 5th has gone from 2nd highest day in two months combined, all the way down to 12th highest day of 44 days total. Now that my friends is a freefall ! And than today, that same day gets answered loud and clear - 10 cases touched, all 10 cases RFE's. Following is as per the established pattern, a bonanza of approvals. Sooooo....

@DuaneAnna 

@tifmiklos 

@Hadassah123 

@GarryAndMarie

@Allen&Ann 

@britishandusa 

@Ivan D 

@Nefertari

@viNs

@IshTre

......... if you guys survived today without the RFE, you should be at the exit door, with tears in your eyes, saying goodbye to this semi sane family you made here, thanks to your journey. Some will go before others, first ones celebrate hard, ones that have to wait another day or few just cool and graceful, it's real and it is here, about to be you. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 minute ago, John & Rose said:

Hello and welcome.  Manila is one of the busiest Embassies for visas.  There are a lot of us here who are either filipino or about to marry one.

Yes John that’s true. I always noticed that everyday there’s a lot of people infront of the gate of US EMBASSY coz my workplace is just infront of US EMBASSY. I always tell myself... ( on January i see myself falling in-line again in that non immigrant line 🤭  this time i will get approved lol ) 

By the way it will be nice to meet you and your fiancée after her interview. I am just working in ERMITA CENTER BLDG . 

3 minutes ago, Jemilyn said:

Yes John that’s true. I always noticed that everyday there’s a lot of people infront of the gate of US EMBASSY coz my workplace is just infront of US EMBASSY. I always tell myself... ( on January i see myself falling in-line again in that non immigrant line 🤭  this time i will get approved lol ) 

By the way it will be nice to meet you and your fiancée after her interview. I am just working in ERMITA CENTER BLDG . 

I will let you know when her interview is.  She lives in Pateros so it isn't too bad.  I am going to Manila on December 9 to visit.  I'm staying at Hotel H2O right across the street from you.

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, msscarlette said:

You can't blame us for our sweet tooth and besides we like to get creative with our food. :D

My fiance said leave the sphagetti to the Italians. :P

My Fiance likes Jollibee spag though.. He calls it Candy Spaghetti :jest:

I personally prefer ( and make ) tart and herby spaghetti with chunks of stewed tomatoes as the sauce, but i don’t mind some candy spag once in awhile, especially if it’s paired with the champ burgers. Oink! 

lips.gif

Timeline
7 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

I'm staying at Hotel H2O

Don't do it, don't do it, don't do it! Trust me, airbnb a condo in BGC. Pull up google maps and zoom to street view and look around--you'll see why this is the place to stay. Way nicer and likely cheaper than H2O and area!

Timeline
Just now, John & Rose said:

I will let you know when her interview is.  She lives in Pateros so it isn't too bad.  I am going to Manila on December 9 to visit.  I'm staying at Hotel H2O right across the street from you.

That’s cool... How i wish my fiancé can be with me too this christmas but he can’t . He needs to work. Also he told me it will be hard again for both of us if he will go home again without me. ( that’s why i hate departure area of the airport) 🤭

Anyway enjoy the time with your fiancée and enjoy philippines try to visit Amanpulo Island in Palawan really the best relaxing place ever. 😊   ( warning: MANILA has a very ridiculous traffic nowadays lol so try to bring more patience) 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 minute ago, DandY said:

Don't do it, don't do it, don't do it! Trust me, airbnb a condo in BGC. Pull up google maps and zoom to street view and look around--you'll see why this is the place to stay. Way nicer and likely cheaper than H2O and area!

Agreed. 

We rented a nice little condo through Airbnb in makati that was around $25 a day. Complete amenities, and has a washer too. ^_^

1 minute ago, DandY said:

I love H2O.  The bar out on the bay is beautiful (that area has been cleaned up).  Great restaurants and breakfast buffet and is in the Manila Ocean Park.  I will check out the airbnb right now.  

1 minute ago, Jemilyn said:

That’s cool... How i wish my fiancé can be with me too this christmas but he can’t . He needs to work. Also he told me it will be hard again for both of us if he will go home again without me. ( that’s why i hate departure area of the airport) 🤭

Anyway enjoy the time with your fiancée and enjoy philippines try to visit Amanpulo Island in Palawan really the best relaxing place ever. 😊   ( warning: MANILA has a very ridiculous traffic nowadays lol so try to bring more patience) 

This will be my 5th trip this year.  I have experienced Manila traffic!

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
1 hour ago, jswptw said:

Right. Rapid Visa made me include the terms of usage for Facebook because we initially made contact through a mutual friend.

oh dear Lord, what is terms of usage?

did I miss a 3rd thing///  UGHHH :(

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Cambodia
Timeline
14 minutes ago, Habitaters said:

She'll pick rice over you - haha! pretty funny.

My fiancé and I were in Cambodia (Siem Reap) last year to volunteer for Habitat for Humanity. I thoroughly enjoyed the food. Then this year, in April we volunteered to build in Thailand (Chiang Mai). Although Thai food seems to be more popular and preferred by many, I still missed Cambodian food & prefer it over Thai food. And just 2 weeks ago, my fiancé went back to Cambodia (Battambang) to join Habitat's Big Build - I didn't go this time but I really missed the chance of eating good food again (and bugs, yep!) and seeing friends again that we've made along the way.  I love Cambodia, the country, the people, the food, and the shopping!!! :) 

Small world, I actually applied for a non-volunteer position at HFH before I left Cambodia. Was a shot in the dark and did not work out but I like the work they do in Cambodia and elsewhere. 

As for bugs, I've done it but don't really need to again. Ate some roaches but tasted like charcoal chips which is how they were cooked. And I am with you on the people of Cambodia, part of the reason I went for a planned 4 weeks and ended up not leaving for 5 years! Met my love after I lived there for 5 months, it may have influenced the fact I did not leave for 5 years ;) 

AjIr9Cp.jpgVBcIOnI.giftCxpVPB.gif19B8PJM.gifWJvjtpL.gifv0iSLWp.gif

2079070924_Webp.net-resizeimage(3).png.40aa360e06b2e929a52d4af17362bc4a.png

jDSUBz2.gif

Timeline
2 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

I love H2O.  The bar out on the bay is beautiful (that area has been cleaned up).  Great restaurants and breakfast buffet and is in the Manila Ocean Park.  I will check out the airbnb right now.  

This will be my 5th trip this year.  I have experienced Manila traffic!

Okay good for you lol 

you are already used to it 😋🤣 Congratulation 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.