stellamahoo

I-129f June 2017 filers (merged)

6,570 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Again they added days to our timeline. Bye bye Christmas-NOA2. :(

We are on December 22nd right now but I guess this will change too. I´m trying to stay positiv and believe in a NOA2 before New Years now:rolleyes: and that today is a day of LOTS of June-approvals!! :jest:

Edited by MaSi

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Cambodia
Timeline

The best thing for me about moving out of Cambodia is I did not eat rice for Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner. So tired of rice! 

I did not eat it for 5 months after I left Cambodia because I was eating it every day for 5 years! 

Cambodia is not known for its food, I prefer Thailand and Vietnam dishes. And we have many people from the Philippines in Cambodia but the food was not very prevalent. Actually, Philippines food has a pretty bad reputation amongst foodies I know. Just like Cambodia. 

AjIr9Cp.jpgVBcIOnI.giftCxpVPB.gif19B8PJM.gifWJvjtpL.gifv0iSLWp.gif

2079070924_Webp.net-resizeimage(3).png.40aa360e06b2e929a52d4af17362bc4a.png

jDSUBz2.gif

3 minutes ago, George & Roth said:

Actually, Philippines food has a pretty bad reputation amongst foodies I know. Just like Cambodia. 

My fiance doesn't agree with you. He gained 10 kilos (22 lbs) in 3 months after I fed him.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
16 hours ago, britishandusa said:

I know the wait is long and they're still working but I just need to rant. I was really hoping to have my fiance here by the beginning of January next year but we've yet to see movement with our case. I've tried to expedite our case for financial reasons (it's complicated) but they denied us and now I feel like our case got pushed back. I'm also worried because there is a single sentence on our application where I started we met online (tinder; I didn't specify) but there was no other mention of it and I didn't attach anything with Tinder in it. I did put that we met in person at a theme park and included tons of photos. I'm worried of an RFE. Also, I spelled my fiance's middle incorrectly in one of the slot by mixing up two letters.  Anyways, I'm rambling and I'm super stressed and upset of how long things are taking. I hope you guys are all having a good day and I hope we all get to be reunited with our love ones soon. 

For the 129F you only need to show that you've met in person in the past two years. The relationship proof will come at the interview.

2 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

If you have ever tried Filipino spaghetti you will see that their reputation is deserved!  I like a lot of their food but that overly sweet spaghetti with cut up hot dogs is just plain nasty.  I would rather eat balut!

You can't blame us for our sweet tooth and besides we like to get creative with our food. :D

My fiance said leave the sphagetti to the Italians. :P

Timeline
8 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

If you have ever tried Filipino spaghetti you will see that their reputation is deserved!  I like a lot of their food but that overly sweet spaghetti with cut up hot dogs is just plain nasty.  I would rather eat balut!

Yeah! And my Filipino family loves Jollybee :D Fried chicken, overly sweet spaghetti and of course rice! I took the family to a pizza hut for American food while I was there. Of course, they had rice with their pizza.

Timeline
1 minute ago, Nefertari said:

Some people got RFEs because don't send the terms of use when them "met" online, by the way I wish luck that our friend don't get nothing 

Right. Rapid Visa made me include the terms of usage for Facebook because we initially made contact through a mutual friend.

Timeline
10 minutes ago, msscarlette said:

My fiance doesn't agree with you. He gained 10 kilos (22 lbs) in 3 months after I fed him.

I gained weight in Cambodia also, even though I didn't prefer the food. 

It's one thing we argued about, stop giving me so much food because I will eat it! You are not supposed to move to Cambodia from USA and gain weight! :cry2:

I've lost a bunch since I moved to USA and apart from her. B-)

jDSUBz2.gif

1 minute ago, jswptw said:

Yeah! And my Filipino family loves Jollybee :D Fried chicken, overly sweet spaghetti and of course rice! I took the family to a pizza hut for American food while I was there. Of course, they had rice with their pizza.

It's actually Jollibee. We have rice all the time. Breakfast, lunch and dinner. I'm Filipino by the way.

Timeline
1 minute ago, msscarlette said:

It's actually Jollibee. We have rice all the time. Breakfast, lunch and dinner. I'm Filipino by the way.

Right! Thanks for the spelling correction. I was half and half for breakfast. Half time Filipino/ half time American. It will be interesting when they get to America. I've already warned them that not every restaurant serves rice. 

13 minutes ago, msscarlette said:

You can't blame us for our sweet tooth and besides we like to get creative with our food. :D

My fiance said leave the sphagetti to the Italians. :P

Amen to that.  I do always gain a few pounds when I'm there.  I love sisig and pancit.  I miss pandesal with coffee in the morning.  There is a definite sweetness to many dishes.  I am looking forward to my future asawa cooking for me.  She will teach me Filipino dishes and I will teach her American, Italian and German.

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Timeline

I tease her that we will not have access to a rice cooker or rice when she arrives, but I think she would pick rice over me so I need to be careful. 

jDSUBz2.gif

12 minutes ago, msscarlette said:

We actually have a Jolibee in the Chicago area.  I have never tried it here or in the Philippines.  I will be in Manila on December 9.  I will try it then.

Just now, George & Roth said:

I tease her that we will not have access to a rice cooker or rice when she arrives, but I think she would pick rice over me so I need to be careful. 

I was told that Filipino channels on cable and a rice cooker have to be ready to go before they move here!

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Just now, John & Rose said:

We actually have a Jolibee in the Chicago area.  I have never tried it here or in the Philippines.  I will be in Manila on December 9.  I will try it then.

The Chickenjoy is pretty good. Don't forget to eat lechon (roasted pig). You better be ready to buy her a rice cooker when she gets to the States. It is a must! :D

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.