stellamahoo

I-129f June 2017 filers (merged)

6,570 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, June2017UK said:

But am I being blonde again ...he quoted this?

That is good to know.  I didn't know NVC and counselor services were also exempt from a shutdown.  So we really have no worries if there is a shutdown.

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
1 minute ago, Naes said:

Uscis and NVC is different organizations.. so the fees only apply to uscis.

budget is separated.

Ok. But isn’t the NVC also funded using the filers’ fees? 

Sorry, but I’m still a bit confused.

It’s stated that the COs weren’t affected at that time. You mentioned they were.

I’m not challenging you on what you’re saying, John. I’m genuinely confused about how NVC could be affected.

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Naes said:

But because immigration especially piles up they usually work within the budget. However they won't hire anyone if someone quits so that's scary because that can slow things down.

But when I see a freeze.. I believe it’s a headcount freeze. I thought they can replace personnel who leave (they’re still budgeted for), no?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline

Hi All!

Back online after a lovely thanksgiving break in the Caribbean not thinking about USCIS!  I've tried to scroll through the backlog of pages to see what I've missed and find the latest scans but didn't catch 'em - are there @shoegum scans for June? I'm a June 02 NOA1 and very curious to see the data on June approvals. :)  Sorry if it's there and I missed it.

Hope everyone's doing well and the approved couples are celebrating nicely! 

xoxo Sarah

Package mailed UPS            :   May 17, 2018 AOS ,EAD & AP

Package Delivered                :   May 19, 2018

NOA 1 Texts/Emails             :   May 31, 2018

NOA 1 Hard Copy                  :   June 4, 2018 (Notice Date: May 30, 2018)

Biometrics Letter Received :   June 08, 2018

Biometrics date                     :   June 21, 2018 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
1 minute ago, June2017UK said:

But when I see a freeze.. I believe it’s a headcount freeze. I thought they can replace personnel who leave (they’re still budgeted for), no?

If it's just a freeze it's headcount. If it's shutdown and freeze I don't know if they can hire, cause it would also stop the budget (hiring has a different budget in most places and shutdown would affect any nonessential work done)

Timeline
7 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

That is good to know.  I didn't know NVC and counselor services were also exempt from a shutdown.  So we really have no worries if there is a shutdown.

Just read this. Phew. Confusion over. Many thanks 🙏 

Timeline
Just now, SazKap said:

Hi All!

Back online after a lovely thanksgiving break in the Caribbean not thinking about USCIS!  I've tried to scroll through the backlog of pages to see what I've missed and find the latest scans but didn't catch 'em - are there @shoegum scans for June? I'm a June 02 NOA1 and very curious to see the data on June approvals. :)  Sorry if it's there and I missed it.

xoxo Sarah

Shoegum is a May filer we have @vocaledge scans here instead..😁

Timeline
1 minute ago, June2017UK said:

Just read this. Phew. Confusion over. Many thanks 🙏 

It won't affect us at this moment 

thats all we need to know for now (not to go insane)

Timeline
1 minute ago, SazKap said:

Hi All!

xoxo Sarah

Welcome back. Don’t backtrack, you’ll just get a headache. Check the scans in @vocaledge signature x

Timeline

NVC is part of the Dept of State and I’m fairly sure they do literally remove all non-essential personnel (I shouldn’t watch Madam Secretary so much)

American drama TV IS fact, right???

MY PERSONAL K-1 VISA APPLICATION PROCESS
(In progress)

I-192F sent: 6/7/2017

I-129F arrived (by USPS): 6/12/2017 (Date recorded on NOA1)

NOA1 email received: 6/14/2017

NOA1 hard copy recieved: 6/19/2017

RFE Recieved: 12/30/2017

RFE response sent: 1/2/2018
RFE response recieved: 1/3/2018

NOA2: 1/12/2018
NVC Recieved: 1/26/2018
NVC Case Number Assigned: 1/26/2018
NVC Sent To Embassy: 2/2/2018

Medical (London): 2/5/2018

Interview (London): 2/23/2018 - APPROVED

Visa On Hand: 3-2-2018 - Home Delivery

POE (Atlanta, GA): 3/13/2018 (booked)

Timeline
4 minutes ago, SazKap said:

Hi All!

xoxo Sarah

Oh for overall status updates I posted it yesterday  (maybe 5-6 pages ago)

Timeline
2 minutes ago, vocaledge said:

NVC is part of the Dept of State and I’m fairly sure they do literally remove all non-essential personnel (I shouldn’t watch Madam Secretary so much)

American drama TV IS fact, right???

So this is what happened last time:

Uscis and visas wasn't affected.

check homeland security and states.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_agencies_affected_by_the_United_States_federal_government_shutdown_of_2013

Timeline

Also I'll put this here agin for anyone else want to check - you can find many different articles about this:

https://www.laborandemploymentlawcounsel.com/2017/04/potential-government-shutdown-immigration-consequences-for-employers-and-their-foreign-national-employees/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.