stellamahoo

I-129f June 2017 filers (merged)

6,570 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Nefertari said:
  • Can anyone knows the difference  between the Tier 2 and the Ombudsman?

They are two different departments (actually even calling ombudsman department is kind of weird, they are public advocates)

I believe 

tier 2 is a level 2 officer (meaning clearance level and information they get is higher than a tier 1) in USCIS

Ombudsman on the other hand;

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ombudsman

Edited by Naes

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
2 hours ago, Ron48 said:

Stay in touch harrisburg. We have much in common ☺

I hope your approval comes in soon my friend !

indeed i will my friend 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I know the wait is long and they're still working but I just need to rant. I was really hoping to have my fiance here by the beginning of January next year but we've yet to see movement with our case. I've tried to expedite our case for financial reasons (it's complicated) but they denied us and now I feel like our case got pushed back. I'm also worried because there is a single sentence on our application where I started we met online (tinder; I didn't specify) but there was no other mention of it and I didn't attach anything with Tinder in it. I did put that we met in person at a theme park and included tons of photos. I'm worried of an RFE. Also, I spelled my fiance's middle incorrectly in one of the slot by mixing up two letters.  Anyways, I'm rambling and I'm super stressed and upset of how long things are taking. I hope you guys are all having a good day and I hope we all get to be reunited with our love ones soon. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
10 minutes ago, britishandusa said:

I know the wait is long and they're still working but I just need to rant. I was really hoping to have my fiance here by the beginning of January next year but we've yet to see movement with our case. I've tried to expedite our case for financial reasons (it's complicated) but they denied us and now I feel like our case got pushed back. I'm also worried because there is a single sentence on our application where I started we met online (tinder; I didn't specify) but there was no other mention of it and I didn't attach anything with Tinder in it. I did put that we met in person at a theme park and included tons of photos. I'm worried of an RFE. Also, I spelled my fiance's middle incorrectly in one of the slot by mixing up two letters.  Anyways, I'm rambling and I'm super stressed and upset of how long things are taking. I hope you guys are all having a good day and I hope we all get to be reunited with our love ones soon. 

Try not to worry about things you can’t control...I know, easier said than done ;) Hang in there, and if you do get an RFE (hopefully not!!) I’m sure you will be able to fix whatever they want easily!! :jest:

3 minutes ago, Britanee7 said:

152 days and I’m going insane!!!! So emotional! Why does it have to be so hard to be with the one you love

175 here and nothing...  It is amazing how much this is stressing me out.

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

...and my timeline loses 3 days today.  We are now in December... the emotional extremes are amazing.  Yesterday was a day to anticipate great things.  Today I wonder if i will see anything before my trip to the Philippines a week from Friday

Edited by John & Rose

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

...and my timeline loses 3 days today.  We are now in December...

I guess I'm lucky> I only lost one day.

There are lots of NOA2s coming in mail without an update on case tracker.

Please register for informed delivery if it is applicable in your region

USPS INFORMED DELIVERY https://informeddelivery.usps.com/box/pages/intro/start.action

NVC (603)-334-0700

USCIS - 800-375-5283

What to do after NOA2 Approval? How to contact NVCClick here for info - https://goo.gl/KggThF

How to talk to a live person at USCIShttps://goo.gl/54z5bZ

If you cannot get NVC on the phone try this - https://secureforms.travel.state.gov/ask-nvc.php

Official K1 details and flow

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/family-immigration/nonimmigrant-visa-for-a-fiance-k-1.html

07/21/2017 - Petition Mailed to Dallas, TX.

07/24/2017 - NOA1 Received date. (From Hard Copy notice).

07/26/2017 - NOA1 Notice date. (From Hard Copy notice).

07/31/2017 - NOA 1 Hard copy received in mail

03/26/2018 - NOA 2 Approval

03/30/2018 - NOA 2 Hard copy received in mail

John Gina BW 300.jpg

1 minute ago, Nefertari said:

176 days, I haven't perspective to hear until 180 days =(

There only bright side is that we can submit an inquiry on day 183.

IMG_5168.jpeg

4 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

...and my timeline loses 3 days today.  We are now in December... the emotional extremes are amazing.  Yesterday was a day to anticipate great things.  Today I wonder if i will see anything before my trip to the Philippines a week from Friday

It's strange because according to my timeline here I should've heard back either today, if not then by tomorrow

so I don't know whether to be excited or worried

2 minutes ago, MinalN said:

It's strange because according to my timeline here I should've heard back either today, if not then by tomorrow

so I don't know whether to be excited or worried

That is very strange.  I am a 6/6 filer with a Dec 1 estimate.  You are a 6/8 filer with a November 29 estimate...you filed 2 days later but your estimate is 2 days sooner.

Edited by John & Rose

IMG_5168.jpeg

Just now, John & Rose said:

That is very strange.  I am a 6/6 filer with a Dec 1 estimate.  You are a 6/8 filer with a November 29 estimate...

it's probably not even accurate at this point I feel like

6 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

There only bright side is that we can submit an inquiry on day 183.

On my vj timeline it’s says it should be adjudicated between nov 29 thru dec 3 i know it’s only an estimate let’s see I’m praying. I have witnessed 2 weddings so far I hope and pray I’m next. I had to dye my hair black from all the gray hairs. I also cancelled my trip I can’t leave my kids for the holidays. ☹️

Edited by Desi1012

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.