stellamahoo

I-129f June 2017 filers (merged)

6,570 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
1 minute ago, msscarlette said:

Guys, if possible, please don’t bring up your predictions from before. We do not care who has the correct estimates. 

Let’s not dwell on that subject anymore.

We are here to help each other cope with the stress, guide the newbies and share information.

Spread positivity please. 

Agreed

1 minute ago, msscarlette said:

Guys, if possible, please don’t bring up your predictions from before. We do not care who has the correct estimates. 

Let’s not dwell on that subject anymore.

We are here to help each other cope with the stress, guide the newbies and share information.

Spread positivity please. 

Also..... update your signature - we all want to be reminded every time you post of being happy for your approval! ;-)

MY PERSONAL K-1 VISA APPLICATION PROCESS
(In progress)

I-192F sent: 6/7/2017

I-129F arrived (by USPS): 6/12/2017 (Date recorded on NOA1)

NOA1 email received: 6/14/2017

NOA1 hard copy recieved: 6/19/2017

RFE Recieved: 12/30/2017

RFE response sent: 1/2/2018
RFE response recieved: 1/3/2018

NOA2: 1/12/2018
NVC Recieved: 1/26/2018
NVC Case Number Assigned: 1/26/2018
NVC Sent To Embassy: 2/2/2018

Medical (London): 2/5/2018

Interview (London): 2/23/2018 - APPROVED

Visa On Hand: 3-2-2018 - Home Delivery

POE (Atlanta, GA): 3/13/2018 (booked)

1 minute ago, vocaledge said:

Agreed

If we were together drinking a pint we would probably be laughing.

Thank you for all that you are doing for the group.

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Please everybody. No need to fight.  

we are all stressed, frustrated and just done with this process. That’s why we need to stay positive and nice to each other. We are all in this together. (“Sings high school musical in head”) 

Now. Everybody. Would you mind explaining to me how this shutdown due to lack of funds is going to permanently affect our situation? 

•how long will we see no movement? 

•how severe is this for the entire process. 

Does this have the potential to be a catastrophe?

Edit: just trying to understand. As a German I’m not too familiar with the us government. 

Thanks, love y’all 

Edited by Lana&Tyler

Timeline

Doo bee doo bee dooooooo...

Me watching this thread all like

"PURRRLEEEEZZZZ STERP"

But, seriously... It's not making anything go faster. I like it when the group is all happy and helpful. 

4Yi8BLT.jpg

Timeline
1 minute ago, Lisa & Jorge said:

lets go back to Community memes... SHALL WEEEEEE

All the June filers... 

What-Is-Taking-So-Long-Donald-Glover-In-

11 minutes ago, Lana&Tyler said:

Please everybody. No need to fight.  

we are all stressed, frustrated and just done with this process. That’s why we need to stay positive and nice to each other. We are all in this together. (“Sings high school musical in head”) 

Now. Everybody. Would you mind explaining to me how this shutdown due to lack of funds is going to permanently affect our situation? 

•how long will we see no movement? 

•how severe is this for the entire process. 

Does this have the potential to be a catastrophe?

If no budget is in place by December 9, the government cannot write checks and pay bills.  This happens annually and there is usually a temporary budget in place to keep things going.

I would expect a last second agreement will head off any issues and we will all keep going like nothing has happened.

Edited by John & Rose

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Timeline
Just now, John & Rose said:

First, the budget ends December 9.  There is no shutdown.  If no budget is in place by then, the government cannot write checks and pay bills.  This happens annually and there is usually a temporary budget in place to keep things going.

I would expect a last second agreement will head off any issues and we will all keep going like nothing has happened.

Thank you for explaining. I really appreciate it! 

Mans those are good news. I expected the worst. 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Lana&Tyler said:

It would mean that all non-essential staff are furloughed, and not allowed to work.... (which includes USCIS, the NVC and most embassy staff)

It isn't likely though - Trump is probably doing his usual thing

MY PERSONAL K-1 VISA APPLICATION PROCESS
(In progress)

I-192F sent: 6/7/2017

I-129F arrived (by USPS): 6/12/2017 (Date recorded on NOA1)

NOA1 email received: 6/14/2017

NOA1 hard copy recieved: 6/19/2017

RFE Recieved: 12/30/2017

RFE response sent: 1/2/2018
RFE response recieved: 1/3/2018

NOA2: 1/12/2018
NVC Recieved: 1/26/2018
NVC Case Number Assigned: 1/26/2018
NVC Sent To Embassy: 2/2/2018

Medical (London): 2/5/2018

Interview (London): 2/23/2018 - APPROVED

Visa On Hand: 3-2-2018 - Home Delivery

POE (Atlanta, GA): 3/13/2018 (booked)

Timeline
Just now, vocaledge said:

It would mean that all non-essential staff are furloughed, and not allowed to work.... (which includes USCIS, the NVC and most embassy staff)

It isn't likely though - Trump is probably doing his usual thing

I hope this goes smooth. 

Thanks @John & Rose and @vocaledge for taking the first glimpse of panic off my chest lol. 

I’m still a little worried. We get the huge slow down, the holidays and now this. It’s like ??? Are we not suffering enough :/ 

Good thing we are all getting through it and we will be past this. 

Itll all be worth it In the end. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Cambodia
Timeline

Normally the government stoppage is not going to happen or only for a day. With pumpkinhead in office I feel a little less confident in this, from a 99% comfort level dropped to about 85%. 

Try not to get stressed over it as it is out of our control. 

AjIr9Cp.jpgVBcIOnI.giftCxpVPB.gif19B8PJM.gifWJvjtpL.gifv0iSLWp.gif

2079070924_Webp.net-resizeimage(3).png.40aa360e06b2e929a52d4af17362bc4a.png

jDSUBz2.gif

Just now, Lana&Tyler said:

It is just something that happens every year or two.  Hopefully it will be settled before next Friday.  No one wants to see a shutdown.

IMG_5168.jpeg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.