stellamahoo

I-129f June 2017 filers (merged)

6,570 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Greenbaum said:

Right now according to USCIS website for processing times the they are processing 129f for January filers. https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/processTimesDisplayInit.do

This is pretty accurate but they do not update the site that often maybe 2-4 weeks at a time. So you won't see the needle move.

The problem is that a few weeks ago the site said it was processing March 15 files. Then it dropped back to January 1. Some April people are getting approved while February and March are still waiting!!!  There is a lot of confusion. 

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

7 hours ago, jwlussow said:

True.  It is far from approved but it is known that HB visas have been given a priority over K/CR visas.  HB visas are getting approved very quickly and the K/CRs are languishing.  It started in April.  This is all related and it looks like it will be the new norm.  Other countries put the needs of businesses and finances above their citizens and parts of the proposal make sense.  We are just the lucky ones who witnessed 5 month turnarounds from NOA1 to interview where now we are most likely looking at 9 months to a year.  Go to the January and February forums where some are still waiting while some Aprils are getting processed.  We haven't broke any records yet but it is safe to say that the "normal 4 to 6 months" is no longer normal.

Yeah I never expected the NOA1 to NOA2 process to take 2 months, my lawyer were very clear that it would take around 6 months. Moreover, my lawyer said the whole process from 129F application to visa in hand would take 10-13 months. I have been and am prepared to wait! Everyone has a different timeline but that's what he told my fiancé and me! We applied at the end of May 2017 and are expecting to have the visa in hand by June 2018! Hopefully sooner 😊

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline
On ‎8‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 4:15 PM, PK Adventure said:

I traveled to Brazil for a visit after filing the I-129F, and had no problem. It may have taken a couple moments longer at the passport control - or maybe I was just nervous! But they didn't ask any questions, and I've been here for about 5 weeks. 

My partner and I are now traveling together from Brazil to California in a couple days. We are planning to stay there for about two months (I, the petitioner, have a temporary job) and then we will return and stay in Brazil until the interview. So we'll let you know how the process goes! 

That's so awesome!! Thank you for sharing your story! I've thought about traveling to Sweden closer to when the interview may occur. Are you going to go with them to the interview do you think? I've wondered about that.

Håll ut, y'all.

K1 Process                                                                                AOS Process

July 2015 - met online thanks to Zak Bagans                                                            May 25, 2018 - South Carolina marriage license issued

June 2016 - first in-person meeting                                                                             May 26, 2018 - legally married

August 2016 - stateside visit                                                                                        June 7, 2018 - applied for Social Security Number [manual verification required]

February-April 2017 - stateside visit                                                                           June 18, 2018 - SSN/card received in the mail

April 4, 2017 - got engaged                                                                                          June 30, 2018 - submitted I-485 (AOS)/I-765 (EAD)/I-131 (AP) together

June 5, 2017 - submitted I129F                                                                                   July 9, 2018 - AOS/EAD/AP electronic NOA1 received

June 12, 2017 - received NOA1                                                                                   July 13, 2018 - AOS/EAD/AP hard copy NOA1 received (dated July 6, 2018)

December 1, 2017 - received NOA2                                                                            July 25, 2018 - Biometrics appointment (Charlotte, NC)

January 17, 2018 - NVC received case                                                                      August 1, 2018 - case status updated to "Ready to be Scheduled for Interview"

January 18, 2018 - received NVC case number by phone                                      August 11, 2018 - case status updated to "I-485 Interview Scheduled"

January 24, 2018 - packet received via email                                                           August 16, 2018 - AOS Interview Scheduled letter received

February 15, 2018 - medical appointment                                                                 August 28, 2018 - visited civil surgeon (Winston-Salem, NC) to complete I-693

February-March 2018 - trip to Gothenburg                                                                                                [beneficiary had to get one remaining vaccination stateside]

February 22, 2018 - interview at the US Embassy in Stockholm                            September 18, 2018 - I-485/AOS Interview in Greer, SC

[passed, pending receipt of medical papers]                           September 18, 2018 - case status updated to "Card Has Been Issued/Mailed"

February 27, 2018 - medical papers received by Embassy                                     September 25, 2018 - Green Card received in the mail

March 5, 2018 - visa received in the mail with passport                                          October 6, 2018 - traditional wedding with family & friends

May 16, 2018 - POE in Charlotte, NC

Up next.... Removal of Conditions!

Timeline
On ‎8‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 1:53 PM, KandW said:

Thank you. 

If you search specific airports, you can see that some officers at the airport do give people a hard time when traveling, which is why it is so important to ensure that you bring enough evidence to show them that you plan to return. 

I last saw my fiancé in May. 

Yeah, I'm sure sometimes it's just luck of the draw/who you get. My fiancé has always had a positive experience when going through customs. He's also traveled back and forth countless times, before we even met, so he's used to the process and doesn't really get nervous. Of course, it changed a little when it became about having a girlfriend here, and now a fiancé. Even early on, he was aware of how descriptive he was with his intentions when visiting. He even said, you can tell some officers have a less of an issue with it than others.

We last saw one another in April - he went back to Sweden on April 4. The longest we've been apart is 6 months, and it'll be longer than that by the time we see each other again, so it definitely gets hard! I'm hoping to get over there the end of this year or beginning of next year. It sucks because the way time off at work is over there is so different from the states; at least with my job. He was here for about two and a half months last time, and that was easily doable for him. I'll only be able to get a week, max two weeks, when I go.

Håll ut, y'all.

K1 Process                                                                                AOS Process

July 2015 - met online thanks to Zak Bagans                                                            May 25, 2018 - South Carolina marriage license issued

June 2016 - first in-person meeting                                                                             May 26, 2018 - legally married

August 2016 - stateside visit                                                                                        June 7, 2018 - applied for Social Security Number [manual verification required]

February-April 2017 - stateside visit                                                                           June 18, 2018 - SSN/card received in the mail

April 4, 2017 - got engaged                                                                                          June 30, 2018 - submitted I-485 (AOS)/I-765 (EAD)/I-131 (AP) together

June 5, 2017 - submitted I129F                                                                                   July 9, 2018 - AOS/EAD/AP electronic NOA1 received

June 12, 2017 - received NOA1                                                                                   July 13, 2018 - AOS/EAD/AP hard copy NOA1 received (dated July 6, 2018)

December 1, 2017 - received NOA2                                                                            July 25, 2018 - Biometrics appointment (Charlotte, NC)

January 17, 2018 - NVC received case                                                                      August 1, 2018 - case status updated to "Ready to be Scheduled for Interview"

January 18, 2018 - received NVC case number by phone                                      August 11, 2018 - case status updated to "I-485 Interview Scheduled"

January 24, 2018 - packet received via email                                                           August 16, 2018 - AOS Interview Scheduled letter received

February 15, 2018 - medical appointment                                                                 August 28, 2018 - visited civil surgeon (Winston-Salem, NC) to complete I-693

February-March 2018 - trip to Gothenburg                                                                                                [beneficiary had to get one remaining vaccination stateside]

February 22, 2018 - interview at the US Embassy in Stockholm                            September 18, 2018 - I-485/AOS Interview in Greer, SC

[passed, pending receipt of medical papers]                           September 18, 2018 - case status updated to "Card Has Been Issued/Mailed"

February 27, 2018 - medical papers received by Embassy                                     September 25, 2018 - Green Card received in the mail

March 5, 2018 - visa received in the mail with passport                                          October 6, 2018 - traditional wedding with family & friends

Timeline
On ‎8‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 1:49 PM, jwlussow said:

The timelines here are much more accurate.  There are reasons why the USCIS site seems to jump around.  They report the oldest file they are working on.  While it says January 1, people from March and April are getting approved.  The timelines here seem more realistic and show a better overall picture of where everybody stands.

OH wow. I'm so glad I know that. That makes sense, but I had no idea that's how they calculated their date. Before coming to this site, I didn't really know anyone or converse with anyone also going through the process, so we didn't know if people beyond January were getting approved. That definitely lessens the anxiety a little. It was beginning to feel like it was never moving forward, which was immensely discouraging.

Håll ut, y'all.

Timeline
On ‎8‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 1:38 PM, Hadassah123 said:

I'd been reading stuff on here before we started our application. There was a sticky at one point that said you could visit, with people writing about their own experiences. Based on that, we planned our visit.

Thanks! I know time will fly by, but I know I'll enjoy every second :)

Hope you get to see each other soon too!

Thank you! I hope I can get over there by the end of this year, but it may be early next year. I'm trying to be practical (and patient, lol) so that I go at a time when I can take the most time off work and make it worthwhile. I really don't want to go and only have a week's worth of time.

Håll ut, y'all.

Timeline
On ‎8‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 1:35 PM, ThisGirlsCurls said:

I know right! I read all the updates and think I’m either hugely under prepared to not be rushing or just a bit too researched to be firm with myself to not get there and go broke lol! If I was wealthier I’d go right now...but i’m not sadly so I got to save so we survive this journey for the long haul x

Yes!!! Exactly. My fiancé makes pretty good money over in Sweden, but of course that job and that income won't be coming with him. And I don't want to expect him to use all his savings for day to day spending or bills. I do okay myself, and I know we will be fine. May be tight for a while, of course. There's so much adjustment that comes with this. In general, marriage or any long term relationship that involves merging of households is a lot. I've always lived alone and never lived with anyone before, as well as have never been married, so that alone is something I'm learning to prepare for. At the same time, I can't wait for him to come back home. But when it's a situation like this where one is likely dependent on the other in so many ways for a while in the beginning, it adds more to it. But I feel like when we get through THIS process....it'll feel like we can survive anything!! You definitely feel pretty strong and resilient! :) XO

On ‎8‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 1:24 PM, jwlussow said:

You should take some time to fill out your timeline.  It helps the site more accurately tack overall progress and it will also give you estimated timeframes for your approvals.

I filled out the basics on mine, but not sure it was "completed". I do need to go back to it and make sure it's finished. It definitely helps with keeping track of dates and progress!

Håll ut, y'all.

Timeline
On ‎8‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 1:22 PM, jwlussow said:

This will be my 5th trip but this time I am staying in their home and not in a hotel.  That should be an interesting experience.  

There are so many beautiful areas near Manila.  The city itself is very crowded and traffic is 24/7.  The view of the sunset over Manila Bay and the South China Sea is nothing short of spectacular.  There is a hotel very near the US Embassy and it sits out over the water.  It is also adjacent to the Manila Ocean Park.  I absolutely love it there.  The bay is a little polluted but they have made great strides in cleaning it up.  Once in your lifetime you have to experience that sunset.  You will never forget it.

I will have to keep that in mind whenever we get to visit together. It will be a while, because I don't think he can travel internationally for a couple of years once he's here permanently (I think?), but we have lots of things and places stateside on our bucket list to accomplish in the meantime :)

Safe travels on your trip! I know you will enjoy every second of it! 

Håll ut, y'all.

9 hours ago, jwlussow said:

The problem is that a few weeks ago the site said it was processing March 15 files. Then it dropped back to January 1. Some April people are getting approved while February and March are still waiting!!!  There is a lot of confusion. 

Every step whether it's K1, AOS or other they are all confusing and I understand your frustrations. My recommendation is that you need the system to run its course or you will remain in that state for the next 3 years. You can jump up and down, scream till your blue in the face and you change nothing. I'm just trying to put this in some semblance of order for your edification. Stay calm. You will never understand why they do what they do. 

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

35 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

Every step whether it's K1, AOS or other they are all confusing and I understand your frustrations. My recommendation is that you need the system to run its course or you will remain in that state for the next 3 years. You can jump up and down, scream till your blue in the face and you change nothing. I'm just trying to put this in some semblance of order for your edification. Stay calm. You will never understand why they do what they do. 

Deep down I realize that this is a roller coaster.  I just need to strap in and enjoy the ride.  I guess there is some venting but overall, we have done all we can for now.

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Grenada
Timeline
19 hours ago, jozi333 said:

This is also just a proposed bill, it would still have to go through Congress and Senate and negotiations. Would take over a year to pass/enact. Not going into effect anytime soon!

This is making me sick!!! 3 more years of this #######.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Cambodia
Timeline

Are we losing even more days today? Why has the CSC site now showing January, previously it was March? It has gone backwards?

I cannot stand for this, I am making calls ASAP. 

AjIr9Cp.jpgVBcIOnI.giftCxpVPB.gif19B8PJM.gifWJvjtpL.gifv0iSLWp.gif

2079070924_Webp.net-resizeimage(3).png.40aa360e06b2e929a52d4af17362bc4a.png

jDSUBz2.gif

9 minutes ago, George & Roth said:

Are we losing even more days today? Why has the CSC site now showing January, previously it was March? It has gone backwards?

I cannot stand for this, I am making calls ASAP. 

There is no one to call.  You will get the runaround then they can't do anything but ask you to wait.  The work related HB submittals have taken complete priority over family based K/CR submittals.  We are all in the same boat.  It sucks but they aren't going to change for such a small minority like us.  In my two months since my NOA1 my dates have slipped 6, almost 7 weeks.  It is consistently slipping two days every day now.

Edited by jwlussow

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Cambodia
Timeline
1 hour ago, jwlussow said:

There is no one to call.  You will get the runaround then they can't do anything but ask you to wait.  The work related HB submittals have taken complete priority over family based K/CR submittals.  We are all in the same boat.  It sucks but they aren't going to change for such a small minority like us.  In my two months since my NOA1 my dates have slipped 6, almost 7 weeks.  It is consistently slipping two days every day now.

Every day that passes should bring us one day closer, not two days further. 

I miss my fiance and son. We lived together from Jan 2013 to May 2017, how can I adjust to not having them. 

I was told about the January cases and I queried why it's going backwards however I did not find anything out but the woman was at least kind on the phone. Considering how long we have been together, our child and my financial situation my case should be an extremely easy one. This is absurd!  

Edited by George & Roth

AjIr9Cp.jpgVBcIOnI.giftCxpVPB.gif19B8PJM.gifWJvjtpL.gifv0iSLWp.gif

2079070924_Webp.net-resizeimage(3).png.40aa360e06b2e929a52d4af17362bc4a.png

jDSUBz2.gif

Hey everyone.. I really appreciate this great website and all of its members with their great supports. This is the first time I'm writing here and am so excited.

I received my NOA1 on June 5th and my Fiance' is in Iran. We have been together for the past 3.5 years now and I've been traveling back and forth to visit her. I know we still have to wait for several weeks to get the NOA2, but this is getting extremely stressful for both of us. We are both used to waiting but now we have the fear of whatever happenes after the travel ban. It is really sad that we are not even 100% sure that even after we get our approval, she can still get the visa because of what Trump is trying to do against Iranians. I'm still optimistic that we are gonna make it through this long process and I really hope that everything goes well.

I truly wish u all the best and hope everyone get the visa pretty soon and have a long life together with your other half.:)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.