stellamahoo

I-129f June 2017 filers (merged)

6,570 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Just now, IshTre said:

Mine will pass tomorrow.

Will you be doing an inquiry about being past processing times or are you going to wait it out?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
4 minutes ago, AZSunshine78 said:

Will you be doing an inquiry about being past processing times or are you going to wait it out?

I have aubmitted two inquiries and pretty much gotten the same response. The just of the email response to inquiry was ---As long as the official website lists May 1st as processing time there is not much to do because our applications are still being processed within "normal" processing times. They say the same thing each time---"This is the hardest part we understand---but you must wait". The agent I spoke with last said that I should wait until December 16th when the USCIS updates their website before submitting another inquiry. So I am just waiting ---anxiously--<_<. Even though VJ gives us much more accurate information and we know people have had applications approved into June--the response to inquiry at USCIS is based on what they have on their official website. And so we wait....

So they just added another day to the June 6 timeline...November 30 now.  On December 6 we will hit the 6 month point so we can do an inquiry.

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

15 minutes ago, IshTre said:

I have aubmitted two inquiries and pretty much gotten the same response. The just of the email response to inquiry was ---As long as the official website lists May 1st as processing time there is not much to do because our applications are still being processed within "normal" processing times. They say the same thing each time---"This is the hardest part we understand---but you must wait". The agent I spoke with last said that I should wait until December 16th when the USCIS updates their website before submitting another inquiry. So I am just waiting ---anxiously--<_<. Even though VJ gives us much more accurate information and we know people have had applications approved into June--the response to inquiry at USCIS is based on what they have on their official website. And so we wait....

You can do the inquiry on December 5.  Their "normal processing time" is 6 months.  On December 5 you will hit the 6 month point and can "officially" submit an inquiry.  Until that date it will be the "within normal processing times" answer.

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
13 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

You can do the inquiry on December 5.  Their "normal processing time" is 6 months.  On December 5 you will hit the 6 month point and can "officially" submit an inquiry.  Until that date it will be the "within normal processing times" answer.

Thanks so much---I get told something different regarding "normal processing time" each time I call. One agent told me at some point last year nomal processing times were considered 8 months because they had a high volume of applications---I truly appreciate the clarity

21 minutes ago, IshTre said:

Thanks so much---I get told something different regarding "normal processing time" each time I call. One agent told me at some point last year nomal processing times were considered 8 months because they had a high volume of applications---I truly appreciate the clarity

There were rumors they are going to raise it to 10 months!  Right now it is 6 so if you dont hear by December 5 (I believe you will), you can submit a inquiry.  If you do it online you won't have to deal with the Tier 2 who doesn't want to deal with you!

IMG_5168.jpeg

Timeline
4 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

There were rumors they are going to raise it to 10 months!  Right now it is 6 so if you dont hear by December 5 (I believe you will), you can submit a inquiry.  If you do it online you won't have to deal with the Tier 2 who doesn't want to deal with you!

Where did you see this?

I was under the impression that 'normal processing times' were measured based on the date given on the website, and if you are outside of that, then, and only then can you submit an enquiry...

MY PERSONAL K-1 VISA APPLICATION PROCESS
(In progress)

I-192F sent: 6/7/2017

I-129F arrived (by USPS): 6/12/2017 (Date recorded on NOA1)

NOA1 email received: 6/14/2017

NOA1 hard copy recieved: 6/19/2017

RFE Recieved: 12/30/2017

RFE response sent: 1/2/2018
RFE response recieved: 1/3/2018

NOA2: 1/12/2018
NVC Recieved: 1/26/2018
NVC Case Number Assigned: 1/26/2018
NVC Sent To Embassy: 2/2/2018

Medical (London): 2/5/2018

Interview (London): 2/23/2018 - APPROVED

Visa On Hand: 3-2-2018 - Home Delivery

POE (Atlanta, GA): 3/13/2018 (booked)

Timeline
15 minutes ago, vocaledge said:

Where did you see this?

I was under the impression that 'normal processing times' were measured based on the date given on the website, and if you are outside of that, then, and only then can you submit an enquiry...

@vocaledge

I thought you guys got your notice saying that it was being adjudicated within 45 days due to your inquiry about being over processing times back when they had September listed?

Timeline
3 minutes ago, AZSunshine78 said:

@vocaledge

I thought you guys got your notice saying that it was being adjudicated within 45 days due to your inquiry about being over processing times back when they had September listed?

Turns out they were getting our hopes up for no reason.

It just said the same as what they told everyone else online, but for some stupid reason, they didn't contact us by that method and wrote snail mail..... ridiculous.  I was really upset but have moved on from it and back into that 'waiting' state.

MY PERSONAL K-1 VISA APPLICATION PROCESS
(In progress)

I-192F sent: 6/7/2017

I-129F arrived (by USPS): 6/12/2017 (Date recorded on NOA1)

NOA1 email received: 6/14/2017

NOA1 hard copy recieved: 6/19/2017

RFE Recieved: 12/30/2017

RFE response sent: 1/2/2018
RFE response recieved: 1/3/2018

NOA2: 1/12/2018
NVC Recieved: 1/26/2018
NVC Case Number Assigned: 1/26/2018
NVC Sent To Embassy: 2/2/2018

Medical (London): 2/5/2018

Interview (London): 2/23/2018 - APPROVED

Visa On Hand: 3-2-2018 - Home Delivery

POE (Atlanta, GA): 3/13/2018 (booked)

19 minutes ago, vocaledge said:

Where did you see this?

There was an article linked from the VJ Facebook page.  It was in a San Francisco newspaper.  I will try to find the link.  Right now the "normal processing time" is 6 months and I believe that is on a USCIS site.  I will find that too.

IMG_5168.jpeg

Timeline

Hi all, we submitted on June 6th!  We hope to hear something this week based on the information in the forum (fingers crossed)!  Any estimates on how the next stages will take have to wait once/if we get our I-129f approved? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
51 minutes ago, IshTre said:

Keep in mind, there is no "official" SLA (service level agreement). The "normal processing time" is whatever they say it is. They have been saying 6 months, but as John said, they can just as easily say "hey, the new normal is 8 months--we are processing May 1 now, sit down, shut up, and wait your turn." I can't stress this enough--they have made no binding commitment as to processing time and they owe us nothing. So any commitment to a "normal processing time" can be ephemeral. 6 months is not a magic marker where all of a sudden they are going to work overtime and weekends to process ours. Much greater chance they start firing RFEs if they don't want to advertise a longer timeline.

2 minutes ago, DandY said:

Keep in mind, there is no "official" SLA (service level agreement). The "normal processing time" is whatever they say it is. They have been saying 6 months, but as John said, they can just as easily say "hey, the new normal is 8 months--we are processing May 1 now, sit down, shut up, and wait your turn." I can't stress this enough--they have made no binding commitment as to processing time and they owe us nothing. So any commitment to a "normal processing time" can be ephemeral. 6 months is not a magic marker where all of a sudden they are going to work overtime and weekends to process ours. Much greater chance they start firing RFEs if they don't want to advertise a longer timeline.

Correct.  Right now you can submit an official inquiry after day 182 (the website will not accept the inquiry sooner than that).  They can change that at any time.  

IMG_5168.jpeg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.