stellamahoo

I-129f June 2017 filers (merged)

6,570 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline
39 minutes ago, Jess&Andres said:

I was exaggerating when i said everything. But it feels like everything. I sent alot of evidence.

Photos, itineraries, letters both his and mine and translated documents, his birth certificate, 2x2 passport photos, phone logs, text messages. The only thing i didnt add was the passport stamps. But you are saying to add even the blank ones??? Okay.

I know just how frustrating this is. I received a similar RFE, mine was for not including the biodata page with the pages of my passport with the visa entry/exit stamps among the loads of other evidence I sent initially. If you choose to send the passport stamps, make sure you also include the biodata page. I scanned mine cover to cover just to ensure they got what they wanted. 

Good luck! 

NOA1 Received Date: April 27th, 2017

NOA1 Notice Date: May 1st, 2017

RFE email notice: September 25th, 2017

RFE hardcopy received: September 28th, 2017

USCISs Response to RFE received: September 29th, 2017

NOA2: October 10th, 2017

NVC Received and Case Number Assigned: October 24th, 2017

NVC Left and Consulate Received: October 26th, 2017

Medical Exam: November 7th, 2017

Interview: December 5th, 2017 APPROVED

Visa on hand: December 8th, 2017

POE (LAX): December 12th, 2017

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Dekd22 said:

Well in this case I am screwed.  We lived together so no hotel receipts or anything like that.  Not to mention no restaurants in Brazil give out things like dinner receipts with both peoples names on it.  I figured photos, letters from my family to me (with her address), and my boarding passes to Brazil would be pretty solid evidence but it sounds like those don't count?

You lived together, you have lots of solid evidence. Don't worry. Did you put a lease just in case?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Dekd22 said:

Not to mention no restaurants in Brazil give out things like dinner receipts with both peoples names on it.  

No place does. It is corroborating evidence. If you have a passport stamp that proves you were in the country on X day, and on X day you have pictures of the two of you in a restaurant, and you have a receipt from the restaurant showing two meals were bought on day X, taken together, they can be reasonably sure you were together on day X.

Edited by DandY

Just now, Naes said:

You lived together, you have lots of solid evidence. Don't worry. Did you put a lease just in case?

It was her parents home where we lived, but the address for her on the application and the letters sent to me match up

Timeline
1 minute ago, Dekd22 said:

It was her parents home where we lived, but the address for her on the application and the letters sent to me match up

By the way I just realized you said boarding passes. Boarding passes are solid evidence, itineraries are not. 

You can get a ticket and cancel it and will still have the itinerary mail.

but boarding pass shows that you rode the plane.

Edited by Naes

1 minute ago, Naes said:

By the way I just realized you said boarding passes. Boarding passes are solid evidence, itineraries are not. 

You can get a ticket and cancel it and will still have the itinerary mail.

but boarding pass shows that you rode the plane.

Haha now this has my anxiety levels through the roof about getting rejected due to not having enough evidence if they send an RFE.  It is too late to get any receipts or things like that as I left months ago

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Dekd22 said:

Haha now this has my anxiety levels through the roof about getting rejected due to not having enough evidence if they send an RFE.  It is too late to get any receipts or things like that as I left months ago

Wait why?

you put pictures.

you put plane tickets and passes.

you put letters with family.

the addresses match.

youll also have stamps if needed.

i really don't think you would get an rfe for this. And you could just ask for future inlaws to write a letter telling you stayed with them during those days if be needed (which I don't think so)

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Dekd22 said:

Ok this is what I put and what most people can put:

itinieries of plane tickets (we didn't use hotels cause he stayed with me and we also don't have a lease for his name)

boarding passes of whatever times we could find (we didn't have it all)

pictures with dates and places with captions.

Some text messages screenshots

and that's it.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline
1 hour ago, Naes said:

@useful89

how are are you doing? Weren't around lately...

Hey hey! I'm okay, just trying to remain on this ride without losing control hehe. Was back home for thanksgiving so not on much. But now I'm back in the saddle again!

Timeline
15 minutes ago, Dekd22 said:

Did you ever travel on a plane together? If so, contact the airline and tell them you need proof that you boarded. They will most likely provide this for you. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
29 minutes ago, JSCGPV said:

That's what I did. Took pictures and had receipts to go along with the pictures.

Well the sad thing is i never did anything like this. I didn't know i would be submiting a k1 visa. My fiance was here on an H2B visa. Thats how I met him. We met in july 2015. By 2016, we still didn't now if we would be getting married. Until the end of 2016 we decided to get married. Unfortunately, my fiance was not hired this year, so he did not come to the US. We were originally planning on getting married this year, after he arrived here on the H2b visa. But things didn't turn out like this for us. Hence, i submitted the fiance petition. I wish i knew a long time ago that i would be doing this, therefore i would have saved a lot more evidence of us together. 😔

Timeline
1 minute ago, Nefertari said:

I am scared if I get a RFEs just in March I will move =(

In my country people wait for 1 month to them answer or more 

Let tomorrow worry about itself. If you get an RFE you'll deal with it when the time comes. THE process is stressful enough without worrying about the 100 things that can go wrong hehe

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
28 minutes ago, K+D said:

I know just how frustrating this is. I received a similar RFE, mine was for not including the biodata page with the pages of my passport with the visa entry/exit stamps among the loads of other evidence I sent initially. If you choose to send the passport stamps, make sure you also include the biodata page. I scanned mine cover to cover just to ensure they got what they wanted. 

Good luck! 

Thank you!!

Which one is the biodata page? I can't recall that sheet

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.