stellamahoo

I-129f June 2017 filers (merged)

6,570 posts in this topic

One more day gone and the schedule loses another 2 days.  If my calculations are correct...I will never have my K1 processed!!!!  LOL  Are we having fun yet???  

We lost Christmas and opening day for the White Sox.  Now I am praying for the 4th of July!!!!  OK.  Thanks for allowing my rant.  It is frustrating but it is so worth the wait!

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
14 minutes ago, jwlussow said:

One more day gone and the schedule loses another 2 days.  If my calculations are correct...I will never have my K1 processed!!!!  LOL  Are we having fun yet???  

I hate to be Debbie Downer, but I would not get too hung up on the projected timeline here, I think it is too optimistic and only going to make you mad and sad. It is clear from the data that USCIS has significantly de-prioritized K1 visas. Most March filers are 135+ days. The averaging algorithm they are using for our timelines here seems to still be considering data prior to the de-prioritization (which occurred April 1-5 range it seems). Our dates are likely to be 2 weeks worse that showing now unless there is some significant shift. As was pointed out in another thread, we K1s are 0.4% of all Visa requests. I.e. we are a rounding error in the scope of things. Welcome to the machine.

6 minutes ago, DandY said:

I hate to be Debbie Downer, but I would not get too hung up on the projected timeline here, I think it is too optimistic and only going to make you mad and sad. It is clear from the data that USCIS has significantly de-prioritized K1 visas. Most March filers are 135+ days. The averaging algorithm they are using for our timelines here seems to still be considering data prior to the de-prioritization (which occurred April 1-5 range it seems). Our dates are likely to be 2 weeks worse that showing now unless there is some significant shift. As was pointed out in another thread, we K1s are 0.4% of all Visa requests. I.e. we are a rounding error in the scope of things. Welcome to the machine.

It seemed better than what I could get from USCIS.  They say they are still working on January 1 filings.  I was hoping to play the averages but you are correct, there was a shift in priorities and the post de-prioritization of K1 averages have yet to be established.  I guess I will start worrying at the 6 month point.  This seems to be a heading towards a year long process at this point.  Staring at the pot won't make it boil any faster...

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

When it rains it pours...Our President just proposed a "skilled-based" immigration system.  Only immigrants with specific skills that are required by corporations here would be allowed into this country.  No non-skilled visas at all.   It is a very long shot for approval but knowing how President Trump works, he may propose to halt all immigration until the matter is settled in Congress and the courts.  I wish us all luck.

IMG_5168.jpeg

24 minutes ago, jwlussow said:

When it rains it pours...Our President just proposed a "skilled-based" immigration system.  Only immigrants with specific skills that are required by corporations here would be allowed into this country.  No non-skilled visas at all.   It is a very long shot for approval but knowing how President Trump works, he may propose to halt all immigration until the matter is settled in Congress and the courts.  I wish us all luck.

Here are the details.  Only English speaking immigrants with enough money to support a family AND have skills needed by certain corporations will be allowed.  

Immigration.jpg

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Netherlands
Timeline
1 hour ago, jwlussow said:

One member on the March thread just posted the below. I hope they either hold off, or that it will work in our favor!

VJ.JPG

Edited by Hadassah123
media added

K1                                                                                            AoS                                                                                                                                 N-400

I-129F Received: 05-June-2017                                        AoS, EAD & AP Filed: 15-June-2018                                                                         N-400 Filed: 29-Sept-2020

NOA2: 09-January-2018                                                      NOA1 on all three: 27-June-2018                                                                             NOA1: 28-Sept-2020

NVC Received/Case #: 24-January-2018                         Biometrics: 20-July-2018                                                                                           Interview Date: 16-Feb-2021

Consulate Received: 02-February-2018                           Case Ready For Interview: 24-July-2018                                                                 Oath Ceremony: 18-Feb-2021

Interview: 13-March-2018                                                   EAD & AP Approvals: 18-October-2018                                                                   Expedited under section 319(b) - overseas military orders

VOH: 17-March-2018                                                           Interview Scheduled: 8-April-2019 / Rescheduled on 17-April-2019                  Biometrics re-used from AOS application. Skipped ROC

POE (LAX): 11-April-2018                                                    Interview Date: 28-April-2019 - APPROVED!

1 hour ago, jwlussow said:

Here are the details.  Only English speaking immigrants with enough money to support a family AND have skills needed by certain corporations will be allowed.  

Immigration.jpg

This is also just a proposed bill, it would still have to go through Congress and Senate and negotiations. Would take over a year to pass/enact. Not going into effect anytime soon!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline

Hello! I'm another June filler :) we've got receipt on June 26th and I'm just terrified reading everything here and realizing how long it can take! I definitely need some support :D 😭

3 hours ago, jozi333 said:

This is also just a proposed bill, it would still have to go through Congress and Senate and negotiations. Would take over a year to pass/enact. Not going into effect anytime soon!

True.  It is far from approved but it is known that HB visas have been given a priority over K/CR visas.  HB visas are getting approved very quickly and the K/CRs are languishing.  It started in April.  This is all related and it looks like it will be the new norm.  Other countries put the needs of businesses and finances above their citizens and parts of the proposal make sense.  We are just the lucky ones who witnessed 5 month turnarounds from NOA1 to interview where now we are most likely looking at 9 months to a year.  Go to the January and February forums where some are still waiting while some Aprils are getting processed.  We haven't broke any records yet but it is safe to say that the "normal 4 to 6 months" is no longer normal.

IMG_5168.jpeg

1 minute ago, KandW said:

I was having a mooch through the timelines of VJ member who filed June 2016. Out of the 6 I looked at, all of them had their NOA2 in August.

:mellow:

Yep. The priority change to work visas first has definitely impacted timelines.  3 to 5 months will be closer to 6 to 9 months for a K-1.  My date moved back to mid October from early September.  I am at my 2 month date from my NOA1 and the anticipated date has dropped 6 weeks.  So basically 2 months ago it was anticipated to be 3 months to NOA2.  Now, 2 months later I'm still anticipating 3 months to the NOA2.  It drops 2 days every day now.  

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Grenada
Timeline
14 minutes ago, jwlussow said:

Yep. The priority change to work visas first has definitely impacted timelines.  3 to 5 months will be closer to 6 to 9 months for a K-1.  My date moved back to mid October from early September.  I am at my 2 month date from my NOA1 and the anticipated date has dropped 6 weeks.  So basically 2 months ago it was anticipated to be 3 months to NOA2.  Now, 2 months later I'm still anticipating 3 months to the NOA2.  It drops 2 days every day now.  

Omg. Don't tell me this!! Work visas are a priority, but they were tryingto block peoplefrom entering the US a couple of months ago?? God help me!

Just now, MCL said:

Omg. Don't tell me this!! Work visas are a priority, but they were tryingto block peoplefrom entering the US a couple of months ago?? God help me!

That switch took place late March or early April.  HB approvals picked up and K/CRs slowed down.

IMG_5168.jpeg

3 hours ago, jwlussow said:

True.  It is far from approved but it is known that HB visas have been given a priority over K/CR visas.  HB visas are getting approved very quickly and the K/CRs are languishing.  It started in April.  This is all related and it looks like it will be the new norm.  Other countries put the needs of businesses and finances above their citizens and parts of the proposal make sense.  We are just the lucky ones who witnessed 5 month turnarounds from NOA1 to interview where now we are most likely looking at 9 months to a year.  Go to the January and February forums where some are still waiting while some Aprils are getting processed.  We haven't broke any records yet but it is safe to say that the "normal 4 to 6 months" is no longer normal.

Right now according to USCIS website for processing times the they are processing 129f for January filers. https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/processTimesDisplayInit.do

This is pretty accurate but they do not update the site that often maybe 2-4 weeks at a time. So you won't see the needle move.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.