stellamahoo

I-129f June 2017 filers (merged)

6,570 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
1 hour ago, DandY said:

With all these numbers larger than mine getting approved, it makes me think the box containing my file got lost in a corner of the storage room. Sorry to all those in the box with me! My bad luck is effecting you!

Same here.. 

Alot of number right around me have been approved.. 

I am mostly thinking about getting an RFE, which would be why we havent been in the approval bags ?! 

Let's stay strong ! ;)

4 minutes ago, George & Roth said:

I do like Narita, I had intentional lengthy layovers here and rent the in-terminal hotel room for 6-8 hours. Helps minimize recovery from Jetlag.

More recently I had another long-layover experience in Incheon airport in Korea, using Korean Airlines. For the lengthy layover I say Incheon is fantastic, so many shops and restaurants. And they also have in-terminal hotel rooms just as Narita with Korean Air being a good quality airline as well. 

One of my personal favorites is Singapore Airlines, however the cost differential is usually not worth using them when airlines like Korean Air are also high quality and better priced. Eva air (Taiwanese) has been another one I target and have used on a number of occasions. 

I have no direct flights from Phnom Penh Cambodia, so given the option I prefer a layover in a nice airport and a longer layover with an in-terminal hotel room. I avoid the popular US based airlines where possible, the level of service is too poor with a few exceptions (i.e. Southwest). 

My last trip was on Asiana and they were excellent.

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Just now, John & Rose said:

I'm not worried yet (I'm lying!...this sucks...LOL)

Ha Ha yeh it does suck. But from day one I told my fiance that it would be the 2nd or 3rd week in January when we get our NOA2. Just that gut feeling.

There are lots of NOA2s coming in mail without an update on case tracker.

Please register for informed delivery if it is applicable in your region

USPS INFORMED DELIVERY https://informeddelivery.usps.com/box/pages/intro/start.action

NVC (603)-334-0700

USCIS - 800-375-5283

What to do after NOA2 Approval? How to contact NVCClick here for info - https://goo.gl/KggThF

How to talk to a live person at USCIShttps://goo.gl/54z5bZ

If you cannot get NVC on the phone try this - https://secureforms.travel.state.gov/ask-nvc.php

Official K1 details and flow

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/family-immigration/nonimmigrant-visa-for-a-fiance-k-1.html

07/21/2017 - Petition Mailed to Dallas, TX.

07/24/2017 - NOA1 Received date. (From Hard Copy notice).

07/26/2017 - NOA1 Notice date. (From Hard Copy notice).

07/31/2017 - NOA 1 Hard copy received in mail

03/26/2018 - NOA 2 Approval

03/30/2018 - NOA 2 Hard copy received in mail

John Gina BW 300.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
6 minutes ago, MM&CS said:

Some day if my fiancee and I decide to relocate back to New Zealand, I have two english mastiffs....my wallet is already crying so hard at the thought of the cost to fly them over XD

My main worry is how my dog will be flying for 8 hours............ I would hate to think that she would have to fly to NZ!

I did my app scan and within 500 of me (I am the last number in the scan) there were 8 approvals dated 11/24.  None for 11/27 yet and the 11/24s were not in the scan this morning.

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

10 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

OUCH!!!  I'm guessing that sometimes that 2.5 hour ride can take much longer!  I hope the traffic is better in Ililio.

Lol no it is more hectic being a tighter area and going up and over mountains around curves is a pain just to san jose antique

Timeline
1 minute ago, JSCGPV said:

Ha Ha yeh it does suck. But from day one I told my fiance that it would be the 2nd or 3rd week in January when we get our NOA2. Just that gut feeling.

Well smart you! When we submitted I pulled 3 years worth of data and confidently said, "we will get NOA2 by Sept 8, virtually guaranteed!".

Then the slow down hit and the change of environment finally dawned on me (should have known in November--what a dummy I was). But, I kept crunching numbers and about two months ago realized it would be pretty much this week. So, I've been prepared for awhile. :) But, I'm still getting nervous because a decent number will hit 180+ and the random RFE scares me. We've waiting longer than one should have to wait. 

3 minutes ago, Murph4865 said:

Lol no it is more hectic being a tighter area and going up and over mountains around curves is a pain just to san jose antique

I'll bet it is beautiful there.  I like to stay in a hotel that overlooks Manila Bay for the sunsets.  Other than that, Manila is just a huge dirty city.

IMG_5168.jpeg

Timeline
1 minute ago, DandY said:

Well smart you! When we submitted I pulled 3 years worth of data and confidently said, "we will get NOA2 by Sept 8, virtually guaranteed!".

Then the slow down hit and the change of environment finally dawned on me (should have known in November--what a dummy I was). But, I kept crunching numbers and about two months ago realized it would be pretty much this week. So, I've been prepared for awhile. :) But, I'm still getting nervous because a decent number will hit 180+ and the random RFE scares me. We've waiting longer than one should have to wait. 

Ha Ha She actually thought I was crazy when I told her in July when I thought it would be. Can't explain it other than a gut feeling.

I agree we are all waiting longer then we should have to!

There are lots of NOA2s coming in mail without an update on case tracker.

Please register for informed delivery if it is applicable in your region

USPS INFORMED DELIVERY https://informeddelivery.usps.com/box/pages/intro/start.action

NVC (603)-334-0700

USCIS - 800-375-5283

What to do after NOA2 Approval? How to contact NVCClick here for info - https://goo.gl/KggThF

How to talk to a live person at USCIShttps://goo.gl/54z5bZ

If you cannot get NVC on the phone try this - https://secureforms.travel.state.gov/ask-nvc.php

Official K1 details and flow

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/family-immigration/nonimmigrant-visa-for-a-fiance-k-1.html

07/21/2017 - Petition Mailed to Dallas, TX.

07/24/2017 - NOA1 Received date. (From Hard Copy notice).

07/26/2017 - NOA1 Notice date. (From Hard Copy notice).

07/31/2017 - NOA 1 Hard copy received in mail

03/26/2018 - NOA 2 Approval

03/30/2018 - NOA 2 Hard copy received in mail

John Gina BW 300.jpg

Timeline
1 minute ago, John & Rose said:

I'll bet it is beautiful there.  I like to stay in a hotel that overlooks Manila Bay for the sunsets.  Other than that, Manila is just a huge dirty city.

Airbnb a condo in BGC--it does not even feel like Manila. 

No dirty bay to look at (yeah, I like Hotel H2O OK), but it is a great area!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
15 minutes ago, George & Roth said:

I do like Narita, I had intentional lengthy layovers here and rent the in-terminal hotel room for 6-8 hours. Helps minimize recovery from Jetlag.

More recently I had another long-layover experience in Incheon airport in Korea, using Korean Airlines. For the lengthy layover I say Incheon is fantastic, so many shops and restaurants. And they also have in-terminal hotel rooms just as Narita with Korean Air being a good quality airline as well. 

One of my personal favorites is Singapore Airlines, however the cost differential is usually not worth using them when airlines like Korean Air are also high quality and better priced. Eva air (Taiwanese) has been another one I target and have used on a number of occasions. 

I have no direct flights from Phnom Penh Cambodia, so given the option I prefer a layover in a nice airport and a longer layover with an in-terminal hotel room. I avoid the popular US based airlines where possible, the level of service is too poor with a few exceptions (i.e. Southwest). 

Once you use Haneda, you'll never want to go to Narita ever again... one of the simplest and calmest airports I've ever been. Not even taking the flights in Narita anymore! (Hnd to lax is only 10h20m yayyy) 

8 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

I did my app scan and within 500 of me (I am the last number in the scan) there were 8 approvals dated 11/24.  None for 11/27 yet and the 11/24s were not in the scan this morning.

That is because the adjudicators worked on Friday (and perhaps Saturday), but the cool guys from "data entry" department decided to take a Friday off and make it a long weekend. So today they are entering both days work.

3 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

I am kind of lucky mom over there knows a lot of city officials in san jose being the capitol  of antique, if you ever get a chance go to boracay they have stuff over looking blue water and white sand beaches, but the island is dirty as can be nasty.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
2 minutes ago, The Squirrel said:

That is because the adjudicators worked on Friday (and perhaps Saturday), but the cool guys from "data entry" department decided to take a Friday off and make it a long weekend. So today they are entering both days work.

Cool guys...

you know when you use data and cool is a the meaning of juxtaposition...

data gal here, crazy, clumsy etc yeah cool nah...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.