stellamahoo

I-129f June 2017 filers (merged)

6,570 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, John & Rose said:

WOW!  If we can get MNL# in 7 days that will really move my plans way up!  Congrats.  I've been hearing 6 weeks to 2 months!

From what i have been seeing is NVC times are getting longer

1 minute ago, DandY said:

I think the 6-8 was NOA2 to MNL#. He was 2.5--still really good these days.

Yep.  My math was off.  I was using NVC received date, not NOA2.

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
On 11/22/2017 at 3:03 PM, dejene said:

Must be a military thing. But also, it's not the supervisors releasing them, it's the President. One year we were only given an hour, and people were pretty upset that the President was being so stingy that year. But I also think the most we ever got was 3 hours. BUT who knows. Trump can be all, "This is a waste of tax-payer money!!! Get back to work!!!" I can see about sending a message to one of my old contacts...but it would be awkward because all the ones I actually talk to don't work there anymore. And it's kind of awkward contacting people you haven't talked to in years for a favor lol. Then you have to do that fake, "Oh no, I was interested in what's been going on in your life these past 5 years. How's the fam? GOOD! GOOD! So are you getting off early today?! Oh, no no, Not because I wanted to get together, but yeah we should schedule that. Just wondering! :D"

So just as an FYI. I unexpectedly ran into a former coworker this past weekend. He is someone I keep in close touch with. But when we worked together, he was the regional director of our agency. Pretty high position, but now he's DC working as a director in the agency that oversees our agency and another. I figured he's now just a little too high to just message with my random little questions lol. But I did ask when I saw him. Trump gave them 3 hours off. He actually was pretty shocked. Said in his 30+ years as a Federal Employee he can count on one hand the number of times they got 3 hours. Apparently over the last few years Obama would only give an hour, which I'm sure did not endear him to the employees too much. My former coworker seemed really frustrated by the 3 hours btw. Big difference in how you view these things when you're an employee vs the boss. As a citizen impatiently waiting for a Federal Agency to do what I need them to do, I feel his pain and frustration!! Also, I'm extremely jealous that they got 3 hours off paid and I didn't!!! That is all.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
42 minutes ago, DandY said:

I'm lazy unlike you guys--I have 1 requirement: direct from US soil to MNL, no hassles. I've paid a few hundred more for that privilege, but even as a frequent traveler, I prefer the hassle free experience of no plane change outside the US.

I'm the same way, specially since i have to get on another plane once I land in Manila.

19 minutes ago, JSCGPV said:

Crazy small world John.. !!

What's the chance that we are both from Illinois, both have fiances from the Philippines, and both of our loves have a daughter named Aira, that are one year difference in age? Plus we are only a month difference in filling the K-1 and we are both named John.

I think we are OK unless your fiancee's name is Rose and Aira has a brother named AJ... LOL

How many kids on your K2?  I have the two and my only break would be if Aira has her medical before January 12.  AOS is going to be fun.  Just another $4000!

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

11 minutes ago, Shawn & Rizalyn said:

I'm the same way, specially since i have to get on another plane once I land in Manila.

That would suck!  I've done some Philippine Airlines trips between Manila and Davao.  Not very comfortable and even worse after 20+ hours in the air before that.  I'm lucky that Manila is my stop and they live close to NAIA.

IMG_5168.jpeg

Timeline
Just now, John & Rose said:

I think we are OK unless your fiancee's name is Rose and Aira has a brother named AJ... LOL

How many kids on your K2?  I have the two and my only break would be if Aira has her medical before January 12.  AOS is going to be fun.  Just another $4000!

We are safe she is named Gina. ha ha Just one child, but she is a year younger than Rose's daughter. The way they are dragging their feet it might be 2019 before they get here. lol

There are lots of NOA2s coming in mail without an update on case tracker.

Please register for informed delivery if it is applicable in your region

USPS INFORMED DELIVERY https://informeddelivery.usps.com/box/pages/intro/start.action

NVC (603)-334-0700

USCIS - 800-375-5283

What to do after NOA2 Approval? How to contact NVCClick here for info - https://goo.gl/KggThF

How to talk to a live person at USCIShttps://goo.gl/54z5bZ

If you cannot get NVC on the phone try this - https://secureforms.travel.state.gov/ask-nvc.php

Official K1 details and flow

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/family-immigration/nonimmigrant-visa-for-a-fiance-k-1.html

07/21/2017 - Petition Mailed to Dallas, TX.

07/24/2017 - NOA1 Received date. (From Hard Copy notice).

07/26/2017 - NOA1 Notice date. (From Hard Copy notice).

07/31/2017 - NOA 1 Hard copy received in mail

03/26/2018 - NOA 2 Approval

03/30/2018 - NOA 2 Hard copy received in mail

John Gina BW 300.jpg

Just now, John & Rose said:

That would suck!  I've done some Philippine Airlines trips between Manila and Davao.  Not very comfortable and even worse after 20+ hours in the air before that.  I'm lucky that Manila is my stop and they live close to NAIA.

I always have to catch one to ililo then a van ride for another 2.5 hr ride

Just now, Murph4865 said:

I always have to catch one to ililo then a van ride for another 2.5 hr ride

OUCH!!!  I'm guessing that sometimes that 2.5 hour ride can take much longer!  I hope the traffic is better in Ililio.

IMG_5168.jpeg

3 hours ago, vocaledge said:

She is a cocker spaniel and they charge (on Virgin Atlantic) for the size of the pet crate.  You'd need a larger one for a German Shepherd I assume. They need to be able to stand, sit up and lay out fully without any restriction, as well as to turn around inside the crate.

Mine is 36x25x27 in inches.... and sorry I got it wrong, The cost (if I fly in Jan) is £1022.60 with a $60 import fee at Atlanta (destination).

It is from LHR, and it has to be a certain flight, and I have to fly Mon-Fri.

Other than that, yeah...

Some day if my fiancee and I decide to relocate back to New Zealand, I have two english mastiffs....my wallet is already crying so hard at the thought of the cost to fly them over XD

Met Online : 1/16/15

Met In Person : 10/15/16

Flew to NZ and Proposed : 3/6/17

I-129F Submitted : 6/22/17

NOA1 : 6/26/17

Visit to US : 8/28/17

NOA2 : 1/24/18

NVC Received Case : 2/5/18

Forwarded to Auckland : 2/6/18

Packet 3 Received : 2/6/18

Packet 3 Completed : 3/1/18

Packet 4 Received : 3/9/18

Interview : 5/8/18 - APPROVED? Not officially, but yes, per CO...

I just noticed that another day has been added to my timeline! Talk about mixed signals.  At least it is still this week.

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Cambodia
Timeline
1 hour ago, John & Rose said:

Narita is wonderful!  It is a beautiful modern airport and getting around is very easy there.  That is where I'm going through on the 9th.  Hong Kong is challenging but Narita is very easy.

I do like Narita, I had intentional lengthy layovers here and rent the in-terminal hotel room for 6-8 hours. Helps minimize recovery from Jetlag.

More recently I had another long-layover experience in Incheon airport in Korea, using Korean Airlines. For the lengthy layover I say Incheon is fantastic, so many shops and restaurants. And they also have in-terminal hotel rooms just as Narita with Korean Air being a good quality airline as well. 

One of my personal favorites is Singapore Airlines, however the cost differential is usually not worth using them when airlines like Korean Air are also high quality and better priced. Eva air (Taiwanese) has been another one I target and have used on a number of occasions. 

I have no direct flights from Phnom Penh Cambodia, so given the option I prefer a layover in a nice airport and a longer layover with an in-terminal hotel room. I avoid the popular US based airlines where possible, the level of service is too poor with a few exceptions (i.e. Southwest). 

AjIr9Cp.jpgVBcIOnI.giftCxpVPB.gif19B8PJM.gifWJvjtpL.gifv0iSLWp.gif

2079070924_Webp.net-resizeimage(3).png.40aa360e06b2e929a52d4af17362bc4a.png

jDSUBz2.gif

Timeline
1 minute ago, John & Rose said:

I just noticed that another day has been added to my timeline! Talk about mixed signals.  At least it is still this week.

Same to mine, too.

There are lots of NOA2s coming in mail without an update on case tracker.

Please register for informed delivery if it is applicable in your region

USPS INFORMED DELIVERY https://informeddelivery.usps.com/box/pages/intro/start.action

NVC (603)-334-0700

USCIS - 800-375-5283

What to do after NOA2 Approval? How to contact NVCClick here for info - https://goo.gl/KggThF

How to talk to a live person at USCIShttps://goo.gl/54z5bZ

If you cannot get NVC on the phone try this - https://secureforms.travel.state.gov/ask-nvc.php

Official K1 details and flow

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/family-immigration/nonimmigrant-visa-for-a-fiance-k-1.html

07/21/2017 - Petition Mailed to Dallas, TX.

07/24/2017 - NOA1 Received date. (From Hard Copy notice).

07/26/2017 - NOA1 Notice date. (From Hard Copy notice).

07/31/2017 - NOA 1 Hard copy received in mail

03/26/2018 - NOA 2 Approval

03/30/2018 - NOA 2 Hard copy received in mail

John Gina BW 300.jpg

2 minutes ago, JSCGPV said:

Same to mine, too.

I'm not worried yet (I'm lying!...this sucks...LOL)

IMG_5168.jpeg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.