stellamahoo

I-129f June 2017 filers (merged)

6,570 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Tony and Tillie said:

The US embassy in Manila is just too strict with B2 visa applications. My fiancée was denied a tourist visa last year. She has a nice, stable job, a couple of properties, pays her taxes but was not lucky enough to be granted a visa. Makes me think the embassy is making a big business out of Filipino applicants.:wacko:

Problem is, a nice stable job in the Philippines pays less than working a manual job under the table in the US, so they think the motivation to stay illegally is just too great.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Just now, DandY said:

Problem is, a nice stable job in the Philippines pays less than working a manual job under the table in the US, so they think the motivation to stay illegally is just too great.

It doesn’t just happen to your Filipino fiances. I was self employed and I got refused a B2 visa last year and so now I’m not eligible for the VWP either. The wait is awful.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
3 minutes ago, SwimminginSync said:

I wonder if Meagan Markel has to wait 179 days.... 

or Prince Harry if they decide to move to the US, will he have to wait over 6 months... like ####### we love our fiances too and just want to be together ! 

Timeline
12 minutes ago, msscarlette said:

Your approval will come soon! Just hang in there!

I hope I hope, along with all the others. My expectation from calculations was the bulk of early June filers would be between 174-178 days, but Thankgiving put a two day bump in that road which get's us dangerously close to 180+ and an RFE so they can catch up.

Let's just say, I live in fear I'll be randomly selected for an RFE to buy them more time and push mine out 30 days. Along with the now longer NVC. Ugh, I don't think I would wish this on my worst enemy.

Timeline
1 hour ago, Ivan D said:

Another approval everyone! YAY!!!! WAC1790351898! Just received both email and text! Finally!!! Congrats to everyone else who's getting their files reviewed today!

Congratulations 

Timeline
5 minutes ago, DandY said:

Add to that, the more than 300,000 undocumented Filipinos in America. Geez!

Edited by Tony and Tillie

Filed: Other Country: Switzerland
Timeline

Oh I sure hope we get more approvals this waiting game has been very stressful but this forum keeps me going thanks all :jest:

Timeline
7 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

No kidding.  Not much English on the signs in Hong Kong either.  You will like Narita.  They guide you to a single area to get checked into the connecting flight.  They are very helpful and friendly.  They will have people meet the flight and tell you where to go as you get into the terminal.

I'm lazy unlike you guys--I have 1 requirement: direct from US soil to MNL, no hassles. I've paid a few hundred more for that privilege, but even as a frequent traveler, I prefer the hassle free experience of no plane change outside the US.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Moldova
Timeline
1 hour ago, Ivan D said:

Another approval everyone! YAY!!!! WAC1790351898! Just received both email and text! Finally!!! Congrats to everyone else who's getting their files reviewed today!

Congrats! Great to see another Moldova case. Hopefully you can let me know your experience with getting the required documents and how the embassy/interview goes.  Not a ton of recent reviews here

7 minutes ago, DandY said:

It is VERY difficult to prove that there is enough of a reason to return.  My future asawa has a job, 2 kids and a house and she was denied.

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Just now, DandY said:

I'm lazy unlike you guys--I have 1 requirement: direct from US soil to MNL, no hassles. I've paid a few hundred more for that privilege, but even as a frequent traveler, I prefer the hassle free experience of no plane change outside the US.

But some times it is nice to see a new place around the world even if it is a airport

Timeline

With all these numbers larger than mine getting approved, it makes me think the box containing my file got lost in a corner of the storage room. Sorry to all those in the box with me! My bad luck is effecting you!

2 minutes ago, DandY said:

I don't mind the single stopover.  There is nothing direct from Chicago anyway.

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.